Brentwood College School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (250) 743-5521
2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1 1, Canada
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1 1, Canada
Brentwood College School Photo #2 - Since 1923, Brentwood has developed a remarkable athletic history that includes championship banners at the regional, provincial and national level and 24 alumni Olympians. While the end results have been impressive, it is the journey that students remember and cherish the most. Today, we continue to develop student athletes with the goal of supporting the school's vision, mission, and values.
Brentwood College School Photo #3 - Internationally recognized, the Brentwood rowing program has few rivals. Winners of 84 National Championships and producing 23 Olympians, Brentwood is a haven for aspiring rowers.In the last 40 years, our rowers have attended some of the top universities in the world. These include the top schools in Canada, England, and all the top Ivy League schools in the U.S.
Brentwood College School Photo #4 - The pursuit of academic excellence is one of our fundamental aims. We strive to help students reach levels of achievement that truly reflect their ability, attitude, and effort. Skill development through problem-solving, collaboration, and technology integration are pedagogical goals. Our Personalized Enrichment Program allows students to access courses outside regular curricula by incorporating blended learning using external educational partners.
Brentwood College School Photo #5 - Brentwood is a popular choice with international and American families because we offer a Canadian boarding experience with a small and diverse international community. 74% of our students are Canadian, 7% American, and the remaining 19% come from over 32 countries around the world. With students from six continents, Brentwood is where students choose to be.
Brentwood College School Photo #6 - Brentwood's oceanfront campus has an international reputation that matches our educational profile as one of the world's great boarding schools. Sheltered on the pristine coastline of Vancouver Island, BC, our 77-acre campus has over one kilometre of oceanfront allowing for our students to learn outside the classroom in an idyllic setting.
Brentwood College School Photo #7 - At Brentwood, we believe the Arts promote creativity, self-expression, and teamwork. The arts help students visualize an idea and see a complex process through to reality. They teach patience, humility, and confidence. They enrich the imagination and challenge the mind. They provide balance and perspective. The arts create culture and civilize us.
- Brentwood is a progressive, co-ed boarding school for Grades 9 to 12 located on a spectacular oceanfront campus on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
- Brentwood provides a modern, West Coast learning experience for global-minded students who embrace our values of grit and joy.
- Student choice is a unique part of our culture and a deciding factor in who attends the School.
- This creates a supportive community of students from over 40 countries who gain the independence and skills to succeed in the post-secondary world.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Dalhousie Brentwood Offers a waterfront campus for access to rowing and holds one of the biggest rowing regattas in Canada every year. Brentwood also offers many programs to get you involved in your community such as. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Brentwood College School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||77 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Full uniforms twice a week.)
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:11|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Endowment Size||$18 million|
($59000 US Boarders (Cdn Funds))
|Tuition international students||$73,300|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Clayton Johnston|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Crystal Harvey|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||17|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Mandarin, Microeconomics, Physics B, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||30 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Digital Art, Mc Bride Rifle Team (Air Rifle)|
Club or Organization:
Creative Science, Debate Club, Web Journalism, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Advanced Dance, Audio Engineering, Broadcasting, Ceramics Club, Choreography, Concert Club, Dance Club, Information Technology Club, Martial Art/Self Defense, Math & Science Club, Mexican Club, National German Honor Society, Pacific Islander Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Photo Squad, Pre-Medical Club, Racquetball, Regimental Band, Shakespeare Festival, Speech & Debate, Swimming Club, The Maverick Magazine, USAFA Falcon Clu
|Year: 2010-2011||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of British Columbia||33|
|University of Victoria||31|
|University of Toronto, St. George's||11|
|University of Ediburgh||7|
|St. Andrews University, Medical Program||6|
|University of the Arts, London||4|
- Brentwood College School provides a modern, West Coast learning experience for globally minded students who embrace the values of grit and joy.
- Brentwood is a progressive, co-educational boarding school for Grades 9 to 12 located on a spectacular oceanfront campus on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. At Brentwood, student choice is a unique part of our culture and a deciding factor in who attends the School. It`s why this place is so special. We believe when students truly choose to be here, and they`re surrounded by a family of like-minded friends and supporters, they can be anything. This philosophy creates a warm, friendly, and passionate community of students from over 40 countries around the world who gain the independence and skills necessary to succeed in the post-secondary world.
- Since 1923, we have worked diligently to establish a modern, transformative place of learning and leadership, mirroring the educational experience of a small college rather than a traditional boarding school. Prospective students are drawn to our school`s innovative tripartite approach to academics, arts, and athletics; as well as our nurturing boarding environment and strong university preparatory programs. Our unique tripartite scheduling creates unrivalled opportunities for student discovery and growth. Not only is Brentwood a remarkable place to make lifelong friends while gaining a world-class education, Brentwood truly is where students choose to be.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences Supported
- Brentwood College School accreditations: TABS, CAIS, WBSA, ISA, NAIS, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Wade Davis - National Geographic Explorer and Writer
- Ben Butterfield - World renowned tenor
- David Wilkinson - Fuel Cell Technology
- Alistair Gillespie - Federal Politician, Businessman
- H. Roche Robertson - Surgeon and Principal of McGill University
- Pip Holmes - War Hero and Businessman
- John H. Stubbs - War Hero
- Michelle MacLaren - Film and TV Director - Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
- Clifton Murray - Member of The Tenors singing group
- Submit Review for Brentwood College School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.