Brentwood College School
5.00 (1 review)
2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1 1, Canada
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1 1, Canada
Internationally recognized, the Brentwood rowing program has few rivals. Winners of 84 National Championships and producing 23 Olympians, Brentwood is a haven for aspiring rowers.In the last 40 years, our rowers have attended some of the top universities in the world. These include the top schools in Canada, England, and all the top Ivy League schools in the U.S.
The pursuit of academic excellence is one of our fundamental aims. We strive to help students reach levels of achievement that truly reflect their ability, attitude, and effort. Skill development through problem-solving, collaboration, and technology integration are pedagogical goals. Our Personalized Enrichment Programme allows students to access courses outside regular curricula by incorporating blended learning using external educational partners.
Brentwood is a popular choice with international and American families because we offer a Canadian boarding experience with a small and diverse international community. 74% of our students are Canadian, 7% American, and the remaining 19% come from over 32 countries around the world. With students from six continents, Brentwood is where the world comes to school.
Since 1923, Brentwood has developed a remarkable athletic history that includes championship banners at the regional, provincial and national level and 24 alumni Olympians. While the end results have been impressive, it is the journey that students remember and cherish the most. Today, we continue to develop student athletes with the goal of supporting the school's vision, mission, and values.
Brentwood's oceanfront campus has an international reputation that matches our educational profile as one of the world's great boarding schools. Sheltered on the pristine coastline of Vancouver Island, BC, our 77-acre campus has over one kilometre of oceanfront allowing for our students to learn outside the classroom in an idyllic setting.
- Brentwood is a progressive, co-educational boarding school for Grades 9 to 12 located on a spectacular oceanfront campus on Vancouver Island, Canada.
- At Brentwood, student choice is a unique part of our culture and a deciding factor in who attends the School.
- This philosophy creates a warm, friendly, and passionate community of students from over 30 countries around the world who gain the independence and skills necessary to succeed in the post-secondary world.
- Since 1923, we have worked diligently to establish a modern, transformative place of learning and leadership, mirroring the educational experience of a small college rather than a traditional boarding school.
- Prospective students are drawn to our school`s innovative tripartite approach to academics, arts, and athletics; as well as our nurturing boarding environment and strong university preparatory programmes.
- Our unique scheduling creates unrivalled opportunities for student discovery and growth.
- Not only is Brentwood a remarkable place to make lifelong friends while gaining a world-class education, Brentwood truly is where students choose to be.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Dalhousie Brentwood Offers a waterfront campus for access to rowing and holds one of the biggest rowing regattas in Canada every year. Brentwood also offers many programs to get you involved in your community such as. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Brentwood College School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||77 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Full uniforms twice a week.)
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:11|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Endowment Size||$18 million|
($59000 US Boarders (Cdn Funds))
|Tuition international students||$69,600|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Clayton Johnston|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||17|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Mandarin, Microeconomics, Physics B, Physics C, Psychology, Spanish Language|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||30 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Digital Art, Environment Club|
Club or Organization:
Creative Science, Debate Club, Web Journalism, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Acting, Advanced Dance, Audio Engineering, Broadcasting, Ceramics Club, Choreography, Concert Club, Dance Club, Drafting and Design, Drama Club, Drawing, Film Club, Jazz Club, Model-Building, Musical Theatre, Pops Orchestra, Private Tuition, Rock Band, Sculpture, Theatre Production, Traditional Photography, Visual Arts Foundation, Visual Arts Portfolio, Vocal Jazz Ensemble
|Year: 2010-2011||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of British Columbia||33|
|University of Victoria||31|
|University of Toronto, St. George's||11|
|University of Ediburgh||7|
|St. Andrews University, Medical Program||6|
|University of the Arts, London||4|
- Founded in 1923, Brentwood College is a co-educational university preparatory, boarding school, with an outstanding record of acceptance of its graduates by world ranked post-secondary institutions.
- Located on the oceanfront of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, 40 minutes north of the capital, Victoria, Brentwood is home away from home for 513 students in Grades 9-12. Although most come from Western Canada and the American Pacific Northwest, over 30 countries are typically represented in the student community. Brentwood combines timeless values with a challenging 21st century academic curriculum, supported by a dynamic sports programme, vibrant visual and performing arts electives, and leadership through community service, all designed to develop character, confidence and teamwork. Opportunities also abound for social time with friends and an annual calendar of special events. Our 77 acre oceanfront campus provides superb modern facilities for academics, athletics and the arts, with comfortable accommodation, in a pristine Vancouver Island setting.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences Supported
- School accreditations: TABS, CAIS, WBSA, ISA, NAIS, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Wade Davis - National Geographic Explorer and Writer
- Ben Butterfield - World renowned tenor
- David Wilkinson - Fuel Cell Technology
- Alistair Gillespie - Federal Politician, Businessman
- H. Roche Robertson - Surgeon and Principal of McGill University
- Pip Holmes - War Hero and Businessman
- John H. Stubbs - War Hero
- Michelle MacLaren - Film and TV Director - Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
- Clifton Murray - Member of The Tenors singing group
- Submit Review for Brentwood College School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 998 students 17.4 miles3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, Canada V8P 4P5
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
July 04, 2018
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
July 04, 2018
Role models, knowing how girls learn and constant encouragement are just some of the ways girls' schools work their magic with your daughter.