St. Michaels University School
Boarders get to decorate their rooms and enjoy both free time and dedicated study time during the week.
The SMUS campus has a massive sports field for soccer and rugby, two gyms for basketball and volleyball, on-campus squash courts and a fleet of rowing vessels housed at a nearby lake.
Boarding students enjoy campus all day long, from finding a quiet corner to study in to dropping into the fitness centre after dinner our dining hall.
Students have the chance to travel over Spring Break to 8-12 destinations, and many choose to volunteer in places like Kenya and the Dominican Republic.
- At St. Michaels University School, we believe many of the most important lessons — both intellectual and personal — enable students to discover not only who they are as individuals but who they have the potential to become.
Upcoming Events and News:
Top 20 Placements
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 329 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Large student body (number of students)
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|St. Michaels University School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:18|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Paul Leslie|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||24|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, German Language, Government and Politics, Human Geography, Japanese Language, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Physics C (Electricity & Mag.), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art (2D Design), Studio Art (Drawing)|
- St. Michaels University School is among the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada and in the world.
- Our commitment to academic excellence provides exceptional preparation for the challenges of postsecondary education.
- Our students are tomorrow’s leaders in the making, and come from nearly 20 countries around the world.
- Our faculty are passionate specialists who believe in the potential of every student.
- Our key programmes focus on five areas of development: Academics, Athletics, the Arts, Leadership, and Community and Global Service.
- From Junior to Middle to Senior School, students develop a love of learning and learn to think critically and creatively.
- University preparation is at the heart of the school’s mission, with 99% of our students going on to postsecondary education.
- With boarding facilities starting at grade 8, students become part of a diverse community where they create life-long friendships, develop independence and enjoy a wide range of activities.
- School accreditations: CAIS, WBSA, NAIS, PNAIS, TABS, IECA, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Steve Nash '92 - Two-time NBA MVP, founder and president of the Steve Nash Foundation for growing health in kids
- Stewart Butterfield '91 - Co-founder of Flickr
- Kenneth Oppel '85 - Award-winning author
- Manoj Sood '81 - Star of CBC's hit show
- Submit Review for St. Michaels University School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 2095.8 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
September 28, 2017
Use a spreadsheet to develop your initial list of schools. Here's how.
September 28, 2017
Finding the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important and expensive decisions you will ever make.
September 05, 2017
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.