St. Michaels University School
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Northeastern University I liked SMUS because there was a focus on community building, which is something I didn't realize I needed until I got there. I liked the grade 10 experiential program (rocket building, camping, yoga retreat). . .
St. Michaels University School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 303 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|St. Michaels University School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||19 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||25|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Alexis Lang Lunn|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Michael Drew|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||25|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government & Politics, Computer Science Principles, Computer Sciences A, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Government and Politics, Human Geography, Macroeconomics, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C (Electricity & Mag.), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Research, Seminar, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cricket, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Field Hockey, Golf, Kayaking, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||56 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic Council, Amnesty International, Arts Council, Athletic Council, Book Club, Bridge Club, Business Club, CAIS Conference, Chess Club, Chinese Culture Club, Entrepreneur Club, Film Club, Food Committee, FreeThinkers' Club, Grad Committee, Grade Councils, Green Club, Hack Club, History Club, House Games Council, Intercultural Club, Knitting Club, Leadership Conferences, Math Challengers, Outdoor and Sustainability Club, Outdoor Leadership, Peer Tutors, Photo Club, Politics and International Relations Club, Pride Alliance, Psychology Club, Radio Club, Robotics Club, Service Council, Set Design Club, Spoken Word Club, Student Newspaper, Volunteer Club, Wellness Club, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Brass Ensemble, Choir, Fall Theatre Production, Jazz Band, Musical Theatre, Opera, Strings, Swing Band, Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Club, Hiking, Outdoor Adventure, Rock Climbing, Strength and Conditioning, Table Tennis, Yoga
- St. Michaels University School is among the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada and in the world.
- Our commitment to academic excellence provides exceptional preparation for the challenges of post-secondary education.
- Our students are tomorrow`s leaders in the making, and come from more than 30 countries around the world.
- Our faculty are passionate specialists who believe in the potential of every student.
- Our key programmes focus on five areas of development: academics, athletics, the arts, leadership, and community and global service.
- From Junior to Middle to Senior School, students develop a love of learning and learn to think critically and creatively.
- University preparation is at the heart of the school`s mission, with 99% of our students going on to postsecondary education.
- With boarding facilities starting at Grade 8, students become part of a diverse community where they create life-long friendships, develop independence and enjoy a wide range of activities.
- St. Michaels University School accreditations: CAIS, WBSA, NAIS, PNAIS, TABS, IECA, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Steve Nash '92 - Two-time NBA MVP, founder and president of the Steve Nash Foundation for growing health in kids
- Stewart Butterfield '91 - Co-founder of Flickr and Slack
- Kenneth Oppel '85 - Award-winning author
- Manoj Sood '81 - Star of CBC's hit show Little Mosque on the Prairie
- Bryce Soderberg '98 - Musician and member of band "Lifehouse"
Profile last updated: 08/24/2021
- Submit Review for St. Michaels University School
- School Location Miles Grades Students