Spring Street International School
In the High School, teachers work to prepare each student to meet the requirements of a rigorous curriculum that includes 15 AP courses, fostering critical thinking and complex reasoning crucial to post-secondary success.
SSIS teachers teach students, not classes; students, faculty, and staff work together one-on-one and in small groups to achieve clearly defined goals, in the process engendering kindness and mutual respect.
SSIS high school students regularly participate in local, regional and state tennis, soccer, and baseball competitions. Eligible SSIS students have joined fellow islanders on soccer, softball, baseball, basketball, track, golf, sailing and swim teams.
- Spring Street students see their families, their communities, and themselves as participants in a much larger world.
- A progressive academic program, including 10 select APs, inspires mastery in the sciences, humanities, and arts.
- Our location in the San Juan Islands, at the heart of Friday Harbor, presents day, boarding, and weekday boarding students with opportunities for real-world life experience through mentorships, outdoor excursions, and global expeditions that foster leadership and group cooperation, preparing each student for success in higher education and life.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Spring Street||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||5 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||16|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||1||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$46,000||$47,400|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$22,410|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Krista Strutz|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Spring Street has an impressive academic record for placing graduates in their first choices for higher education. The keys to its success are inspirational teachers and small classes, allowing for individualized instruction, intensive college counseling, and swift academic and ESL readiness for university entrance. Supporting the academic program are immersive experiences that acculturate students to life in America, helping each discover his or her individual capacity for leadership. Recent SSIS graduates have been accepted to Stanford, MIT, NYU, USC, GW and other highly ranked universities.
- School accreditations: Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Submit Review for Spring Street International School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 260 students 2378.2 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
- Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 2081.1 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
- Grades: 9-12| 508 students 71.1 miles1415 Summit Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
- Grades: 9-12 | 26 students 778.8 miles1 West Campbell Avenue, B-20
Campbell, CA 95008
October 24, 2017
How to handle five basic challenges involved in choosing a boarding school.
September 28, 2017
Use a spreadsheet to develop your initial list of schools. Here's how.
September 28, 2017
Finding the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important and expensive decisions you will ever make.