Verde Valley School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 120 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $54,000
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(5 Day Boarding)
AP / Advanced Courses
- Verde Valley School is situated among the majestic mountains of Sedona, Arizona, providing inspiration for artistic and musical expression. The natural beauty surrounding the campus also serves as a natural classroom for unique field-based learning experiences, including anthropological and geological studies.
- Verde Valley School is one of the few boarding schools in the U.S. to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme curriculum as its sole curriculum to 11th and 12th grade students.
- We have an exciting and diverse studio and performing arts program. Students participate actively in the official governance of our school, and with faculty, perform much the physical labor maintaining the campus.
- Graduates of Verde Valley School are individuals who are ethical, possess a strong sense of personal and social responsibility, are skilled in ways that enable them to participate effectively in community building and decision making, appreciative of the dignity of physical work, open to the discovery and enduring satisfactions of artistic creation, knowledgeable about the depth and range of our shared cultural heritage, prepared for entry into the university of their choice, generous in spirit, mindful of the importance of citizenship and ready to practice its privileges and obligations.
- Verde Valley School accreditations: International Baccalaureate World School, and the North Central Association
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- David Calley '81 - is the co-founder of Southwest Windpower of Flagstaff, a company designed to produce energy at a reasonable cost and to make the knowledge and the equipment available globally.
- Celia Lowenstein ’71 - is an awarding-winning producer/director whose films are regularly shown at international film festivals and screened on television channels around the world. She has lectured in film studies at Oxford University.
- Jean Strouse '63 - is the author of Morgan, American Financier (1999) and Alice James, A Biography (1980), which won the Bancroft Prize in American History and Diplomacy.
- Rick Ridder '71 - is the co-founder of RBI Strategies & Research, consultant to national presidential campaigns.
- Ramona Sakiestewa '66 - is one of Native America's most influential artists
- Chris Horner '71 - is a film-maker, writer, photographer and designer
- Benson K. Whitney '74 - served as the U.S. Ambassador to the Kingdom of Norway under Presidents Bush and Obama
- Carol Tantau '63 - is a leader in domestic violence prevention.
- Phil Noyes '84 - is a documentary filmmaker and producer at PBS.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Verde Valley School cost?
Verde Valley School's tuition is approximately $54,000 for boarding students.
What schools are Verde Valley School often compared to?
Verde Valley Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like The Orme School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Verde Valley School?
The acceptance rate of Verde Valley School is 70%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Verde Valley School?
Verde Valley School famous alumni include: David Calley '81, Celia Lowenstein ’71, Jean Strouse '63, Rick Ridder '71, Ramona Sakiestewa '66, Chris Horner '71, Benson K. Whitney '74, Carol Tantau '63 and Phil Noyes '84.
What sports does Verde Valley School offer?
Verde Valley School offers 13 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country Running, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball.
What is Verde Valley School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Verde Valley School?
The application deadline for Verde Valley School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2017
Class of 2007
Northern Arizona University
Class of 2005
View the Verde Valley School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as: