Fountain Valley School of Colorado
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (719) 391-5251
6155 Fountain Valley School Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #2 - Many classes use our 1100 acre campus as an extension of our classroom.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #3 - Fountain Valley School offers art classes in ceramics, painting/drawing, jewelry-making (metal-smithing), photography, and film. The Art Barn is dedicated solely to the pursuit of these passions.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #4 - The School's English riding team has won multiple Interscholastic Equestrian Association national titles, and sends riders to nationals every year. There is also a robust Western riding program.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #5 - Fountain Valley has gorgeous adobe residence halls where groups of 16-20 students live much like a family with a houseparent. It's your home away from home and each dorm has a full kitchen.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #7 - Interim is one of the most meaningful experiences students will have at FVS. Every March, groups head off on experiential learning adventures across the United States and the world. Service and learning are core components, along with fun!
The quality of an East Coast boarding school; the culture of the American West.
A true global immersion at the foot of Colorado's magestic Rocky Mountains where you'll make friendships that will last your lifetime and emerge prepared to thrive in college.
Our expansive 1,100-acre campus includes rolling prairie, views of snow-capped mountains, and endless blue sky that has inspired students for 90 years to live our core values: Courage, Compassion, Curiosity, Self-Reliance, Open-Mindedness
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Babson College For me, FVS was a one-of-a-kind experience. In my search for boarding schools, FVS stood out for two reasons. First, the school combines an Eastern education—liberal arts & sciences—with an adventurous and outdoorsy environment typically. . .
- University of Colorado at Boulder There is a required trip the week before spring break where you can go to the Bahamas to learn about marine life, go to China, France, New Orleans, and many other places. The majority of. . .
- University of Colorado Denver FVS is extremely unique in the sense that it allows students to engage in not just one aspect of life. There is a really healthy balance between academic, athletic, and artistic activities in the schedule. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Fountain Valley||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1100 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||240 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1303||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||19||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$40 million||$23 million|
|Tuition international students||$63,750||$53,975|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$22,700||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jesse Fortney|
|Associate Director of Admissions||O'Neal Turner|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||19||18|
|Courses||2-D Studio Art, 3-D Studio Art, Advanced Calculus AB, Advanced Calculus BC, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Chinese Language and Culture, Advanced English Literature and Composition, Advanced Environmental Science, Advanced French Language and Culture, Advanced Music Theory, Advanced Spanish Language and Culture, Advanced Spanish Literature and Culture, Advanced Statistics, Advanced World History, AP Biology, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Diving, Equestrian, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Riding, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic Honor Society, Admission Ambassador, Athenaea (student newspaper), Board Game Club, Business Club, Chinese Club, Debate Club, French Club, Girls Leadership Club, Green Team, Healing Psychology Club, Hispanic Honor Society, Matchwits, Math Club, Model UN, Student Cultural Organization, Student Government, The Owl (Yearbook), Varsity Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Barn Assistants
|Year: 2015 - 2019||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Colorado, Boulder||20|
|Colorado State University||13|
|University of Denver||9|
|University of Puget Sound||9|
|New York University||7|
|University of California, San Diego||5|
|Case Western University||4|
|Lewis & Clark University||4|
- 90 years ago, Fountain Valley School began with the belief that a boarding school dedicated to traditional standards of excellence, character, and progressive ideals would thrive in the sublime setting of the American West-and so it has.
- The result is a unique educational experience that offers the quality of an East Coast boarding school and the culture of the American West, symbolized by the FVS cattle brand in our logo.
- In the decades since, Fountain Valley School has grown into a vibrant international community of students from 21 countries and 24 states. Simultaneously, Colorado Springs has grown up around us into a bustling city with 700,000 people who choose this incredible location at the base of the Rocky Mountains for its quality of life and access to incomparable recreational opportunities.
- FVS is a place where you can be you, whatever that looks like, and where you will be a part of a diverse, global community of students and faculty who are deeply committed to their learning, yet relaxed in their approach to doing so. You`ll be encouraged to take ownership of your education and empowered to write your own history with our core values of courage, open-mindedness, self-reliance, curiosity, and compassion.
- Fountain Valley School of Colorado accreditations: The National Association of Independent Schools, Association of Colorado Independent Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Fountain Valley School of Colorado
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.