Fountain Valley School of Colorado
5.00 (3 reviews)
6155 Fountain Valley School Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #2 - FVS takes advantage of its 1,100 acre campus by taking many classes outdoors. The School's signature Peaks, Prairies and Plateaus class weaves together science and history while Mr. Gustke's biology classes visit the prairie with butterfly nets often.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #3 - Fountain Valley School offers art classes in ceramics, painting/drawing, jewelry-making (metal-smithing), photography, and film. The Art Barn is dedicated solely to the pursuit of these passions.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #4 - The School's English riding team has won two Interscholastic Equestrian Association national titles (2007-2010), and sends riders to nationals every year. There is also a robust Western riding program.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #5 - Fountain Valley has gorgeous adobe residence halls where groups of 16-20 students live with a houseparent. It's your home away from home.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #6 - Every season at Fountain Valley School has its own beauty. Here students gather outside in September.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #7 - Interim is one of the most meaningful experiences students will have at FVS. Every March, groups head off on experiential learning adventures across the United States and the world. Service and learning are core components, along with fun!
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #8 - Students head to tennis practice from the Penrose Residence Halls.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado Photo #9 - Fountain Valley School's prep hockey team travels the country playing in prep tournaments. FVS has a wide variety of sports offerings, from soccer and basketball to indoor climbing and mountain biking.
- Fountain Valley School of Colorado provides a rigorous, global curriculum in academics, arts, athletics and the outdoors in a diverse community to develop young adults who are courageous, open-minded, self-reliant, curious and compassionate.
- CORE VALUES Courage - To embrace challenge intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually as a pathway to insight and self-understanding; to stretch and see beyond one`s perceived boundaries Open-mindedness - To be aware of the richness and depth of all human experience Self-Reliance - To be responsible; to exhibit initiative and accountability, working independently and collaboratively Curiosity - To value lifelong pleasure in intellectual exploration and discovery; to receive the consequent satisfaction of achievement and excellence through focused, creative effort Compassion - To demonstrate care and service to others, and to live a balanced and healthy life, enjoying the harmony of work and play.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Colorado at Boulder There is a required trip the week before spring break where you can go to the Bahamas to learn about marine life, go to China, France, New Orleans, and many other places. The majority of. . .
- University of Colorado Denver FVS is extremely unique in the sense that it allows students to engage in not just one aspect of life. There is a really healthy balance between academic, athletic, and artistic activities in the schedule. . .
- Colorado College The location in the Rocky Mountain west is unparalleled. The amount of experiential learning that can occur both on campus and in the amazing nature that surrounds our region is unique to FVS. The Western. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Fountain Valley||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1100 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||230 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1260||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$38 million||$19 million|
|Tuition international students||$61,250||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$22,700||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kila McCann|
|Associate Director of Admissions||O'Neal Turner|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||2-D Studio Art, 3-D Studio Art, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Lanaguage, Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Government and Politics: United States, Physics C, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Riding, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||32||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic Honor Society, Admission Ambassador, Athenaea (student newspaper), Big/Little Siblings, Biomedical Sciences Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Christian Fellowship Club, Community Service Council, Conservation Corps, Film Club, French Club, Global Affairs Forum, Hispanic Honor Society, International Student Club, Language Clubs and Honors Societies, Matchwits, Math Club, Music Importers Club, Round Square Club, Student Cultural Organization, Student Government, Student Weekend Activity Team (SWAT), The Owl (Yearbook), Varsity Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Barn Assistants, Guitar Club, Instrumental, Jazz Club, Vocal Music, Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mt. Bike Weekend, Ski/Snowboarding Clu
|Year: 2014 - 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Colorado, Boulder||22|
|University of Denver||11|
|Colorado State University||7|
|New York University||7|
|University of Puget Sound||6|
|University of Colorado, Colorado Springs||4|
|Carnegie Mellon University||3|
|Washington University, St. Louis||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Fountain Valley School of Colorado offers an education and experience you won`t find at any other school, combining intellectual challenge with a spirit of adventure and exploration. Set on an 1,100-acre ranch at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak is front and center, a daily reminder of the opportunities Colorado so generously offers. Learn deeper in classes that challenge you to think critically. Engage in compelling discussions where everyone`s opinion matters. Your talented teachers will inspire you to embrace challenge with confidence, independence and resilience.
- With classmates from 15 countries and 23 states, you will think and connect globally while making lifelong friends from around the world. The Global Scholar program is unique to FVS, challenging students to engage as world citizens and develop an international perspective. As a member school of Round Square-a worldwide network of more than 170 independent schools-Fountain Valley students have opportunities for exchanges, service projects and international conferences around the globe.
- Other signature programs include The Western Immersion Program, Interim, Western and English riding, outdoor ed, mountain biking and climbing. If you`re looking for a school where you`ll become your best self, your true self, please visit fvs.edu to learn more.
- Take a look at FVS from the sky in our drone videos by alumnus Max Seigal '06
- This is FVS
- A View From the Sky
- Athletics in the Fall
- Fountain Valley School of Colorado accreditations: The Association of Boarding Schools, The National Association of Independent Schools, Association of Colorado Independent Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Fountain Valley School of Colorado
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.