5.00 (8 reviews)
PO Box 801 39221 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
- "We believe that in today`s competitive environment, preparation for college should be comprehensive and challenging.
- Cranbrook offers a uniquely comprehensive college-preparatory education. Here is the superb teaching and learning environment that cherishes and challenges the individual, that encourages creative, critical and independent thinking, and that offers the broadest possible range of study, artistic and athletic options...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Michigan In addition to the high school on Cranbrook, we additionally had an art college that allowed us to observe and experience a multitude of art every day adding to the Cranbrook experience. Consequently, the 500. . .
- University of Miami I believe that Cranbrook Schools is unique due to their campus atmosphere. Set up similar to a college campus, it gave students independence and the ability to make their own. . .
- University of Michigan The campus is peaceful and beautiful. It's unlike any campus anywhere. I enjoyed exploring many hidden trails with friends and alone. There are two campuses for upper school students: Kingswood and Cranbrook. Ladies reside in. . .
- Tufts For me, living and working on a boarding school campus that was surrounded in nature made Cranbrook a very special place. Everyday was like finding a new adventure to embark on - from the small. . .
- University of Southern California The faculty member and the architecture of the school are definitely two very important aspect of the school that made my experience unique. With a huge campus of over 300 acres, I get to explore. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Cranbrook Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||319 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||813 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1939||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$217 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,649||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Apr. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||68%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Drew Miller|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Laura Newton|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||64||23|
|Extracurriculars||Community Service Club, Computer Team, Conduct Review Board, Council for Liberals and Democrats, Crew Team, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Diners Club, Diversity Club, Film Club, Forensics Club, French Club, Games Club, Host Tourguide Service Organization Gold Key, Indian Culture Club, Jazz Club, Robotics Team, School Newspaper - Crane-Clarion, Spectrum, Sports Weekly Magazine - Cranes Illustrated, Student Council, Table Tennis, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Theater Club - Ergasterion, Video Yearbook, Volunteer Organization - Cabinet, World Club, Yearbook - Brook-Woodwinds, Yoga Club, Young Musicians Society|
Club or Organization:
African American Awareness Association, Animation Club, Armenian Club, Asian Magazine - Quilt Club Green Tea, Bowling Club, Campus Museums Docent Club, Chess Club, Junior Statesmen, Korean Club, Latin Club, Leaders in the Environment, Literary Arts Magazine - Gallimaufry, Math Club, Mentoring, Michigan Youth in Government, Model United Nations, Photography, Presidents Council, Quiz Bowl, Residence Halls Councils, Science and Engineering, Spanish Club, Topics in Psychology, Village of Namtenga Partnership, Young Entrepreneurs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Badminton Club, Fencing Club, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Strength and Fitness, Ultimate Frisbee, Walking for Fitness
|Year: 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Michigan - Ann Arbor||44|
|Michigan State University||18|
|University of Chicago||4|
|New York University||3|
- Known for its exquisite architecture, Cranbrook`s campus is on the National Historic Registrar. The latest building is the award winning Williams Natatorium, which was designed by a Cranbrook graduate.
- Right on campus is a Science Museum and an Art Museum that attract over 250,000 visitors each year. Cranbrook students enjoy the permanent collections as well as rotating exhibits.
- Each year, Cranbrook`s Advanced Placement results are among the best of all schools nationally. Over 40% of AP Scholars in the State of Michigan attend Cranbrook.
- Fielding 49 interscholastic athletic teams, Cranbrook has won state championships in Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Tennis, and Golf.
- School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Submit Review for Cranbrook Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
February 05, 2018
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.