5.00 (9 reviews)
PO Box 801 39221 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
- "We believe that in today`s competitive environment, preparation for college should be comprehensive and challenging.
- Cranbrook offers a uniquely comprehensive college-preparatory education. Here is the superb teaching and learning environment that cherishes and challenges the individual, that encourages creative, critical and independent thinking, and that offers the broadest possible range of study, artistic and athletic options...".
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Michigan In addition to the high school on Cranbrook, we additionally had an art college that allowed us to observe and experience a multitude of art every day adding to the Cranbrook experience. Consequently, the 500. . .
- Yale University Definitely its renowned Harkness discussion. The principal is based off the idea that the students are of such a high intellect that they are able to teach each other, and thus the teacher of the. . .
- University of Miami I believe that Cranbrook Schools is unique due to their campus atmosphere. Set up similar to a college campus, it gave students independence and the ability to make their own. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Cranbrook Schools is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 329 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Cranbrook Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||319 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||813 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1370||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(One dress up day per week)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$217 million||$19 million|
|Tuition international students||$46,600||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,649||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Apr. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||68%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Drew Miller|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Laura Newton|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||64||24|
|Extracurriculars||Community Service Club, Computer Team, Conduct Review Board, Council for Liberals and Democrats, Crew Team, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Diners Club, Diversity Club, Film Club, Forensics Club, French Club, Games Club, Host Tourguide Service Organization Gold Key, Indian Culture Club, Jazz Club, Robotics Team, School Newspaper - Crane-Clarion, Spectrum, Sports Weekly Magazine - Cranes Illustrated, Student Council, Table Tennis, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Theater Club - Ergasterion, Video Yearbook, Volunteer Organization - Cabinet, World Club, Yearbook - Brook-Woodwinds, Yoga Club, Young Musicians Society|
Club or Organization:
African American Awareness Association, Animation Club, Armenian Club, Asian Magazine - Quilt Club Green Tea, Bowling Club, Campus Museums Docent Club, Chess Club, Junior Statesmen, Korean Club, Latin Club, Leaders in the Environment, Literary Arts Magazine - Gallimaufry, Math Club, Mentoring, Michigan Youth in Government, Model United Nations, Photography, Presidents Council, Quiz Bowl, Residence Halls Councils, Science and Engineering, Spanish Club, Topics in Psychology, Village of Namtenga Partnership, Young Entrepreneurs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Badminton Club, Fencing Club, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Strength and Fitness, Ultimate Frisbee, Walking for Fitness
|Year: 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Michigan - Ann Arbor||44|
|Michigan State University||18|
|University of Chicago||4|
|New York University||3|
- Known for its exquisite architecture, Cranbrook`s campus is on the National Historic Registrar. The latest building is the award winning Williams Natatorium, which was designed by a Cranbrook graduate.
- Right on campus is a Science Museum and an Art Museum that attract over 250,000 visitors each year. Cranbrook students enjoy the permanent collections as well as rotating exhibits.
- Each year, Cranbrook`s Advanced Placement results are among the best of all schools nationally. Over 40% of AP Scholars in the State of Michigan attend Cranbrook.
- Fielding 49 interscholastic athletic teams, Cranbrook has won state championships in Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Tennis, and Golf.
- Cranbrook Schools accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Cranbrook Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.