5.00 (10 reviews)
Tel: (248) 645-3610
PO Box 801 39221 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
- "We believe that in today`s competitive environment, preparation for college should be comprehensive and challenging.
- Cranbrook offers a uniquely comprehensive college-preparatory education. Here is the superb teaching and learning environment that cherishes and challenges the individual, that encourages creative, critical and independent thinking, and that offers the broadest possible range of study, artistic and athletic options...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Concordia University Extremely diverse educational community that encourages students to get involved. The school has a very well-rounded educational team that makes you feel home whilst providing with an excellent academic schedule. All the teachers and staff. . .
- University of Michigan In addition to the high school on Cranbrook, we additionally had an art college that allowed us to observe and experience a multitude of art every day adding to the Cranbrook experience. Consequently, the 500. . .
- Yale University Definitely its renowned Harkness discussion. The principal is based off the idea that the students are of such a high intellect that they are able to teach each other, and thus the teacher of the. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Cranbrook Schools is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 310 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Cranbrook Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||319 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||813 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1370||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(One dress up day per week)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$217 million||$22 million|
|Tuition international students||$46,600||$52,900|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,649||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Apr. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||68%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Drew Miller|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Laura Newton|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||63||24|
|Extracurriculars||Black Awareness Club (BAC), Callisto, Community Service Club, Computer Team, Conduct Review Board, Council for Liberals and Democrats, Crew Team, Culinary Club, Dance Club, Diners Club, Diversity Club, Film Club, Focus (informal Christian group), Forensics Club, Forum, French Club, Games Club, Grizzly Guides, Host Tourguide Service Organization Gold Key, Indian Culture Club, Jazz Club, Middleburg Humane Foundation, Model United Nations Club, Octet, Peer Educators/ Peer Mentors, Ragged Robins (Junior/Senior a cappella group), Service League (community service groups), Soup Kitchen (community service group), Tally Ho! Yearbook, The Ragged Robin (yearbook), Whippers In|
Club or Organization:
African American Awareness Association, Animation Club, Armenian Club, Asian Magazine - Quilt Club Green Tea, Bowling Club, Foxcroft Christian Fellowship, Foxcroft Reaching Out, Horse Show Club, Hun Investment Club, Jewish Students Association, Junior Statesmen, Korean Club, Lab Rats, Latin Club, Leaders in the Environment, Literary Arts Magazine - Gallimaufry, Math Club, Mentoring, Michigan Youth in Government, Multicultural Student Alliance, RhythmNation, Special Friends, Surf Club, The Paw Print (student newspaper)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Arrupe Society (Service), Asian Pacific Club, Black Students Union, Booster Club, Fencing Club, Intramurals, Junior Assistants, Soggie Cheerios (singing)
|Year: 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Michigan - Ann Arbor||44|
|Michigan State University||18|
|University of Chicago||4|
|New York University||3|
- Known for its exquisite architecture, Cranbrook`s campus is on the National Historic Registrar. The latest building is the award winning Williams Natatorium, which was designed by a Cranbrook graduate.
- Right on campus is a Science Museum and an Art Museum that attract over 250,000 visitors each year. Cranbrook students enjoy the permanent collections as well as rotating exhibits.
- Each year, Cranbrook`s Advanced Placement results are among the best of all schools nationally. Over 40% of AP Scholars in the State of Michigan attend Cranbrook.
- Fielding 49 interscholastic athletic teams, Cranbrook has won state championships in Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Tennis, and Golf.
- Cranbrook Schools accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Submit Review for Cranbrook Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.