Culver Academies Photo #2 - Culver's athletic facilities include: Golf Course (Nine holes), Polo Arena, Crew Sheds, two Ice Hockey Rinks, an 8 Lane Pool, Diving Tank, 14 Outdoor Tennis Courts, 6 Indoor Tennis Courts, State of the Art Fitness Center with Trainers, 6 Indoor Basketball Courts, Fencing Facility, Free Weight Room, Softball Field, Baseball Field, Lighted Football Field, Lighted Soccer and Lacrosse Fields.
"Our goal at The Culver Academies and Culver Summer Camps is to educate students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society by developing and nurturing the whole individual - mind, spirit, and body - through an integrated curriculum that emphasizes the cultivation of character.
To accomplish our goal, Culver has spent the last 119 years creating an integrated academic, leadership, religious, and athletic program that is second to none in The United States...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Rowan University Culver's leadership development programs make it unique among boarding schools. Students are required to enroll in leadership development classes and participate in the leadership system. For boys this takes the form of the military system. . .
- Loyola university of chicago There is a vast international student acceptance which allows you to learn other cultures. Is also a very good school because it teaches you the importance of manners and routines (this is because is a. . .
- Florida State University One unique aspect of Culver is the requirement of a senior service project for graduation. Personally, I made the most out of this opportunity and took a trip to Morocco to give aid to the. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Culver Academies is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Culver Academies||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1700 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||842 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1245||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1120 - 1390||-|
|Average ACT score||26||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$450 million||$23 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$32,370|
(35% of our students receive need-based aid)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Staci Hundt|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jerry Kisela - Operations|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||18|
|Courses||A Computer Science Principles, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language & Culture, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP German Language, AP Latin - Vergil, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||28||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Polo, Riding, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||47||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
A Capella, Badminton Club, Black Student Union (BSU), Boy Scouts Troop 209, CGA Rugby Club, Chinese Culture Club, Coding Club, Culver e sports, Culver Pipe and Drums, Discussing American Topics (DAT), Diversity Club, Docent Corps (Visual Arts), Dungeons and Dragons Club, French Club, Green Life, Human Rights Council, Junior Classical League Latin Club, Knitting Club, Leadership Committee for Africa, Living History, Math Forum, Model United Nations, Nutrition and Dietetics Club of Culver, Peer Coaching, Performing Caring Collaborating (PCC), Quizbowl, Rifle Club, Robotics Club, Roll Call (Yearbook Club), Rubik's Cube Club, Shotgun Sports Club, Sin Fornteras "without borders", Speech Team, Stamp Club, Student Ambassador Organization (SAO), Table Tennis, The Last Supper, The Narrative (Introduction to the Bible), The Quill (Fine Arts Magazine), Theater Tech, Usher Corps, Vedette (Student Magazine), Video Broadcasting Team (VBT), W.R.A.P. Women’s Rights Awareness Program, Women in STEM, Writing Center, Youth Community Organization (CYCO)
|Year: 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Indiana University of Bloomington||9|
|United States Military Academy (West Point)||5|
|University of Colorado –||5|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||4|
|United States Naval Academy (Annapolis)||4|
|University of Denver||4|
|University of Southern California||4|
|Princeton University; Boston University; Notre Dame University; Butler University; Claremont McKenna||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- "There is nothing quite like Culver Academies in the world!" A collegiate preparatory boarding school with cutting edge academic programs to enhance the whole person education through our leadership program, inspirational tradition and inspiring innovation. Aspiring Entrepreneur? The Ron Rubin School for the Entrepreneur is for you! Aspiring Policymaker? Take a look at The Global Studies Institute... Aspiring CEO? The Center for Character Excellence is the Leadership support program you need.... Aspiring Diplomat? Learn from The Confucius Classroom...our partnership with the Confucius Institute at Valparaiso University and the Confucius Institute based in Beijing, China.
- Culver Academies accreditations: TABS, NAIS,AMCSUS, ISACS, NCA
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- K.S. Bud Adams - Tennessee Titans owner
- Hal Holbrook - Oscar-Nominated Actor
- Frank Batten - Weather Channel founder
- George Steinbrenner - New York Yankees owner
- Bernardo Qunitana - Chairman and CEO, ICA Corporation
- Mitchell Henderson - Head Basketball Coach, Princeton
- Molly Engstrom - Two-time Olympian
- Jon Scieszka - Children's Book Author
- Dr. Sally Hodder - HIV/AIDS researcher
- Miles White - Chairman and CEO, Abbott Laboratories
- Submit Review for Culver Academies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.