- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 835 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $54,500
- Acceptance rate: 54%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Additional costs, such as uniforms and optional instruction vary. See website for details.)
(Additional costs and program fees vary. See website for details.)
AP / Advanced Courses
A Capella, Badminton Club, Black Student Union (BSU), Boy Scouts Troop 209, CGA Rugby Club, Chinese Culture Club, Coding Club, Culver e sports, Culver Pipe and Drums, Discussing American Topics (DAT), Diversity Club, Docent Corps (Visual Arts), Dungeons and Dragons Club, French Club, Green Life, Human Rights Council, Junior Classical League Latin Club, Knitting Club, Leadership Committee for Africa, Living History, Math Forum, Model United Nations, Nutrition and Dietetics Club of Culver, Peer Coaching, Performing Caring Collaborating (PCC), Quizbowl, Rifle Club, Robotics Club, Roll Call (Yearbook Club), Rubik's Cube Club, Shotgun Sports Club, Sin Fornteras "without borders", Speech Team, Stamp Club, Student Ambassador Organization (SAO), Table Tennis, The Last Supper, The Narrative (Introduction to the Bible), The Quill (Fine Arts Magazine), Theater Tech, Usher Corps, Vedette (Student Magazine), Video Broadcasting Team (VBT), W.R.A.P. Women’s Rights Awareness Program, Women in STEM, Writing Center, Youth Community Organization (CYCO)
- Culver Military Academy, established in 1894, and Culver Girls Academy, founded in 1971, compose Culver Academies, one of the leading college preparatory boarding schools in North America. We are located in Culver, Indiana, on a beautiful 1,800-acre campus on the shores of Lake Maxinkuckee. Enrollment is approximately 840 students, made up of about 57% boys and 43% girls in grades nine through 12. We admit students capable of pursuing a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum while becoming responsible citizens and leaders. Candidates are selected for their potential to meet Culver`s high academic standards and to contribute to Culver`s nationally-recognized leadership and extracurricular programs. The diverse student body includes representatives from 24 countries and 40 states. Consistent with the Culver mission of educating students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society, we believe what distinguishes Culver from other fine secondary schools is that while we offer academic training and extracurricular opportunities that are second to none, Culver is the leader in delivering practical experience and instruction in leadership for all students and emphasizing high expectations for personal responsibility and integrity. The leadership principles we teach and develop are those that apply to leaders in all walks of life.
- Culver Academies accreditations: TABS, NAIS,AMCSUS, ISACS, NCA
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Kath Lingenfelter - Television writer and producer (Westworld, Caprica, The Leftovers, House M.D.)
- Hal Holbrook - Oscar-Nominated Actor
- Frank Batten - Weather Channel founder
- George Steinbrenner - New York Yankees owner
- Bernardo Quintana - Chairman and CEO, ICA Corporation
- Mitchell Henderson - Head Basketball Coach, Princeton University
- Molly Engstrom - Two-time Olympian
- Jon Scieszka - Children's Book Author
- Dr. Sally Hodder - HIV/AIDS researcher
- Miles White - Chairman, Former CEO, Abbott Laboratories
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Culver Academies cost?
Culver Academies's tuition is approximately $54,500 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Culver Academies?
The acceptance rate of Culver Academies is 54%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Culver Academies?
Culver Academies famous alumni include: Kath Lingenfelter, Hal Holbrook, Frank Batten, George Steinbrenner, Bernardo Quintana, Mitchell Henderson, Molly Engstrom, Jon Scieszka, Dr. Sally Hodder and Miles White.
What sports does Culver Academies offer?
Culver Academies offers 30 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Polo, Riding, Riflery, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. Culver Academies is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
Does Culver Academies offer a summer program?
Yes, Culver Academies offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Culver Academies's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Culver Academies?
The application deadline for Culver Academies is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2017
Class of 2016
Loyola university of chicago
Class of 2015
Florida State University