Culver Academies Photo #2 - For more than 100 years, horsemanship has been a distinguished tradition. the Black Horse Troop (CMA) has appeared in 16 Presidential Inaugural parades and the Equestriennes (CGA) in 7. Culver's jumping and polo teams are consistently competitive at the national level. With more than 100 horses, Culver offers comprehesive instruction in beginning, intermediate and advanced equitation.
Culver Academies Photo #3 - The Culver Girls Academy (CGA) Crest is a treasured symbol and is proudly worn on the blazers to symbolize a strong school with separate traditions for young women with an emphasis on citizenship and leadership preparation. The Culver Military system for young men (CMA)is a lifestyle that encourages pride in oneself, the living unit, the Corps of Cadets and Culver.
- "Our goal at The Culver Academies and Culver Summer Camps is to educate students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society by developing and nurturing the whole individual - mind, spirit, and body - through an integrated curriculum that emphasizes the cultivation of character.
- To accomplish our goal, Culver has spent the last 119 years creating an integrated academic, leadership, religious, and athletic program that is second to none in The United States...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Butler University We focused a lot on leadership. It was a military school for the boys and an english prefect system for the girls. We had leadership classes and in addition to our academics and sports, we. . .
- Tulane University One unique aspect of Culver is the fantastic leadership program. The academics and athletics are great, but the leadership is what sets Culver apart from other schools. The boys' leadership system is military while the. . .
- Columbia University I found Culver to be unique, in comparison to other boarding schools, for two main reasons: the Academy's setting and the emphasis placed on individual growth as a leader in one's community. Foremost, Culver's setting. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Culver Academies is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 322 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Culver Academies||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1800 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||828 students||315 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||13 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$394 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$29,415||$24,575|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||J. Michael Turnbull|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jerry Kisela - Operations|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language & Culture, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP German Language, AP Latin - Vergil, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Honors Computer Science|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||25||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Polo, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||38||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
3 on 3 basketball league, Amnesty International Club, Bible Study, Boy, Campus, CGA, Chapel Acolytes and Vergers, Chemistry Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Concert Club, Deans Assistants, Drama Society/Tech Crew/Brute Squad, Life skills, Love Letters, Polar Saints, Quiz, School, Sin, Speech, Stamp, Student, Student Acitvities, T-P Relief Group, The, The Green Team, The Phoenix/ School newspaper, The Ping-Pong Club, Trinitones, Usher Club, Venture, Vestry (chapel leadership organization), Winter Weekend Ski Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dart Club, Thespian
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Jazz/Rock Combo, Skeet/Trap
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- "There is nothing quite like Culver Academies in the world!" A collegiate preparatory boarding school with cutting edge academic programs to enhance the whole person education through our leadership program, inspirational tradition and inspiring innovation. Aspiring Entrepreneur? The Ron Rubin School for the Entrepreneur is for you! Aspiring Policymaker? Take a look at The Global Studies Institute... Aspiring CEO? The Center for Character Excellence is the Leadership support program you need.... Aspiring Diplomat? Learn from The Confucius Classroom...our partnership with the Confucius Institute at Valparaiso University and the Confucius Institute based in Beijing, China.
- Culver Academies accreditations: TABS, NAIS,AMCSUS, ISACS, NCA
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- K.S. Bud Adams - Tennessee Titans owner
- Hal Holbrook - Oscar-Nominated Actor
- Frank Batten - Weather Channel founder
- George Steinbrenner - New York Yankees owner
- Bernardo Qunitana - Chairman and CEO, ICA Corporation
- Mitchell Henderson - Head Basketball Coach, Princeton
- Molly Engstrom - Two-time Olympian
- Jon Scieszka - Children's Book Author
- Dr. Sally Hodder - HIV/AIDS researcher
- Miles White - Chairman and CEO, Abbott Laboratories
- Submit Review for Culver Academies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn why more and more students are choosing to do a gap or post graduate (PG) year at boarding school.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.