Culver Academies Photo #2 - Culver's athletic facilities include: Golf Course (Nine holes), Polo Arena, Crew Sheds, two Ice Hockey Rinks, an 8 Lane Pool, Diving Tank, 14 Outdoor Tennis Courts, 6 Indoor Tennis Courts, State of the Art Fitness Center with Trainers, 6 Indoor Basketball Courts, Fencing Facility, Free Weight Room, Softball Field, Baseball Field, Lighted Football Field, Lighted Soccer and Lacrosse Fields.
- "Our goal at The Culver Academies and Culver Summer Camps is to educate students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society by developing and nurturing the whole individual - mind, spirit, and body - through an integrated curriculum that emphasizes the cultivation of character.
- To accomplish our goal, Culver has spent the last 119 years creating an integrated academic, leadership, religious, and athletic program that is second to none in The United States...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Rowan University Culver's leadership development programs make it unique among boarding schools. Students are required to enroll in leadership development classes and participate in the leadership system. For boys this takes the form of the military system. . .
- Florida State University One unique aspect of Culver is the requirement of a senior service project for graduation. Personally, I made the most out of this opportunity and took a trip to Morocco to give aid to the. . .
- Butler University We focused a lot on leadership. It was a military school for the boys and an english prefect system for the girls. We had leadership classes and in addition to our academics and sports, we. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Culver Academies is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 318 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Culver Academies||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1700 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||842 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1245||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1120 - 1390||-|
|Average ACT score||26||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$450 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$32,370|
(35% of our students receive need-based aid)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Staci Hundt|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jerry Kisela - Operations|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||18|
|Courses||A Computer Science Principles, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language & Culture, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP German Language, AP Latin - Vergil, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||28||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Polo, Riding, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||47||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
A Capella, Badminton Club, Black Student Union (BSU), Boy Scouts Troop 209, CGA Rugby Club, Chinese Culture Club, Coding Club, Culver e sports, Culver Pipe and Drums, Discussing American Topics (DAT), Diversity Club, Docent Corps (Visual Arts), Dungeons and Dragons Club, French Club, Green Life, Human Rights Council, Junior Classical League Latin Club, Knitting Club, Leadership Committee for Africa, Living History, Math Forum, Model United Nations, Nutrition and Dietetics Club of Culver, Peer Coaching, Performing Caring Collaborating (PCC), Quizbowl, Rifle Club, Robotics Club, Roll Call (Yearbook Club), Rubik's Cube Club, Shotgun Sports Club, Sin Fornteras "without borders", Speech Team, Stamp Club, Student Ambassador Organization (SAO), Table Tennis, The Last Supper, The Narrative (Introduction to the Bible), The Quill (Fine Arts Magazine), Theater Tech, Usher Corps, Vedette (Student Magazine), Video Broadcasting Team (VBT), W.R.A.P. Women’s Rights Awareness Program, Women in STEM, Writing Center, Youth Community Organization (CYCO)
|Year: 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Indiana University of Bloomington||9|
|United States Military Academy (West Point)||5|
|University of Colorado –||5|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||4|
|United States Naval Academy (Annapolis)||4|
|University of Denver||4|
|University of Southern California||4|
|Princeton University; Boston University; Notre Dame University; Butler University; Claremont McKenna||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- "There is nothing quite like Culver Academies in the world!" A collegiate preparatory boarding school with cutting edge academic programs to enhance the whole person education through our leadership program, inspirational tradition and inspiring innovation. Aspiring Entrepreneur? The Ron Rubin School for the Entrepreneur is for you! Aspiring Policymaker? Take a look at The Global Studies Institute... Aspiring CEO? The Center for Character Excellence is the Leadership support program you need.... Aspiring Diplomat? Learn from The Confucius Classroom...our partnership with the Confucius Institute at Valparaiso University and the Confucius Institute based in Beijing, China.
- Culver Academies accreditations: TABS, NAIS,AMCSUS, ISACS, NCA
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- K.S. Bud Adams - Tennessee Titans owner
- Hal Holbrook - Oscar-Nominated Actor
- Frank Batten - Weather Channel founder
- George Steinbrenner - New York Yankees owner
- Bernardo Qunitana - Chairman and CEO, ICA Corporation
- Mitchell Henderson - Head Basketball Coach, Princeton
- Molly Engstrom - Two-time Olympian
- Jon Scieszka - Children's Book Author
- Dr. Sally Hodder - HIV/AIDS researcher
- Miles White - Chairman and CEO, Abbott Laboratories
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Culver Academies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
Two kinds of admissions are in use at American boarding schools: admissions with a fixed deadline and rolling admissions. We take a look at rolling admissions.