Pillsbury College Prep
- Pillsbury College Prep is a coed college preparatory boarding school for grades 6-12. Pillsbury College Prep is dedicated to academic excellence, character development, performing arts, sports and entrepreneurship. Our curriculum is designed to support the talent and ambition of every student. Guided by the vision statement of Pillsbury, "changing the world, one student at a time", Pillsbury College Prep strives to instill ethics, leadership and social responsibility in its students with personal and academic success. Pillsbury College Prep's computer, laptop and on-line learning program prepares students for today's information driven global society. Pillsbury College Prep offers opportunitites that accomplish academic and personal success to build self-confidence and well-cultivated talents to help students be well rounded and successful, today and in the future. We inspire students to reach their goals, develop leadership skills, achieve academic excellence, and to be all they are capable of being.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Pillsbury College||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||18 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||50 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
($23,000 for out-of-state US students)
|Tuition international students||$23,000||$47,745|
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Vonda White|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Ice Hockey, Technical/Digital Arts, Visual
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Club, Instrumental, Music, Musical Theatre, Orchestra Instruments, Singing, Visual and Fine Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Baseball, Basketball Club, Cheerleaders, Golf Club, Gymnastics, Ice Skating, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
- A nationally accredited private school with high academic standards.
- Small classroom sizes with online individual instruction and pacing.
- Year round boarding school offering an entrepreneurial academic environment in which to thrive both educationally and personally.
- English language classes available.
- High school students can take dual enrollment and attend Riverland Community College for college credit.
- Strategic partnership between Pillsbury College Prep, Minnesota State University-Mankato and Riverland Community College.
- Opportunities for students to excel both academically and in areas of personal interest.
- All 120+ College Prep Courses are accessible 24/7 and are aligned to national standards.
- Our in classroom teachers are highly qualified with masters certifications or above. They provide in classroom learning with a blended model to compliment on-line classes.
- One on one student instruction is available as needed for students at Pillsbury College Prep.
- All teachers are highly qualified and certified within the subject matter they teach.
- Students can stay year round, attend the traditional school year, then attend Camp Pillsbury for the summer or partial summer, or stay for the traditional school year and go home for summers.
- Foreign students can qualify for conditional acceptance into Minnesota State University- Mankato and be housed at Pillsbury College Prep for 12-24 months.
- Great cultural experience for all students.
- Students and instructors come from all over the United States and around the world.
- Many of our afterschool activities are accredited for High School elective credits.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - For a true American cultural experience for one year, international students boarding at Pillsbury College Prep can attend public school for one of their boarding years as allowed by federal regulations and then continue private school at Pillsbury before or after attending public school for one year.
- We offer afterschool and weekend activities for beginners, intermediate and advanced skill levels: Music, Visual and Fine Arts, Theatre, Magic, Tech/Digital Arts/Multimedia, Dance, Sports, Role Playing Games, Unicycle, Study Hall, Creative Writing, and the following subjects are available at an additional charge: One-on-one tutoring,Ice Hockey,Ice Skating, Lessons, Figure Skating, Equestrian, (Indoor Arena/Outdoor Arena, weather permitting)
- Submit Review for Pillsbury College Prep
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 500 students 57.7 miles1200 Oakdale Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55118
- Grades: 7-12| 100 students 285.9 miles400 Sunshine Drive
Miller, SD 57362
- Grades: 9-12 | 25 students 676.1 miles294 Lustre Road
Lustre, MT 59225
June 22, 2018
Applying to boarding school requires completing a sheaf of forms. We look at how to accomplish this important task.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.