St. Croix Academy
St. Croix Academy Photo #2 - St. Croix's middle school and high school are located in the same facility. The campus includes a chapel, theater, dormitory, student center, weight room, outdoor athletic complex, large gymnasium, technology center, music center, library and 27 classrooms.
St. Croix Academy Photo #3 - St. Croix students come from over 30 different schools each year. Everyone begins the school year by making new friends.
St. Croix Academy Photo #5 - St. Croix's lakeside family-style dormitory was built in 2015 and is located on a beautiful lake with walkways to the Mississippi River and within walking distance of over 50 shops and restaurants.
- St. Croix is a university preparation school for students in grades 6 to 12 with a reputation for being an excellent value encompassed in a very friendly and safe environment.
- While the academic standards are high, St. Croix supports its coed students through a full ESL program and with a full time international adviser to assist with the needs of the international students.
- Because the school enrollment is 500 students, the school is large enough to offer a wide variety of both curricular offerings and after school activities and still small enough to allow students a chance to participate in activities of their choice.
- St. Croix prepares students for some of the best colleges and universities in the United States.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|St. Croix Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||30 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||500 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Learn to represent yourself well)
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,200|
(English class and activities in the area. Available to groups of students w/ chaperone or to incoming St. Croix students. )
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
($13,500 boarding, fees. Insurance extra.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Ms. Hannah Schmiege|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|Courses||Advanced Writing, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Calculus A, AP Calculus B, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, College Introduction to Fiction, Introduction to Engineering and Design, Principles of Engineering|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
International Leadership Team, Math Team, Model United Nations, Musical, National Honor Society, Peer Mentors, Robotics, Speech Team, Student Council, Technology Club, Youth in Goverment
Arts and Music Programs:
Chidren's Theater, Drama Club, Honor Choir, Jazz Band, Pep Band, String Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Clay Target Clu
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Challenging Academic Program with Excellent Teaching Staff to Assist Students
- Wide Variety of Extracuricular Activities
- Special International Mentoring Programs
- Weekly Activities in nearby downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Close to the MSP International Airport
- Beautiful dormitory for secondary students overlooking a lake with media center, entertainment room, dining room and game room.
- Excellent choices of food with American and International selections
- Assistance for high school students as they apply for Universities
- An Exceptional Value for a Reasonable Investment
- St. Croix Academy accreditations: State of Minnesota and United States Government
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jacob '08 - Johns Hopkins Medical School Graduate and Multiple Awards as a Concert Vocalist
- Thao '10 - Scholarship covering 87% of university costs and 100% of medical costs. Multiple awards in service, Vietnam.
- Daniel '99 - Valedictorian, Cornell University, Senior Business Executive at Capital One
- Megan '09 - Chulalongkorn University, Multiple awards in art and photography.
- Dan '05 - Speaker, Presenter and Analyst at JP Morgan Financial.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for St. Croix Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.