St. Croix Academy
St. Croix Academy Photo #2 - Classes at St. Croix are enjoyable but they also prepare students for the next steps, a university and then a career.
St. Croix Academy Photo #3 - St. Croix's middle school and high school are located in the same facility. The campus includes a chapel, theater, dormitory, student center, weight room, outdoor athletic complex, large gymnasium, technology center, music center, library and 27 classrooms.
St. Croix Academy Photo #4 - St. Croix students come from over 30 different schools each year. Everyone begins the school year by making new friends.
St. Croix is a university preparation school for students in grades 6 to 12 with a reputation for being an excellent value encompassed in a very friendly and safe environment.
While the academic standards are high, St. Croix supports its coed students through a full ESL program and with a full time international adviser to assist with the needs of the international students.
Because the school enrollment is 500 students, the school is large enough to offer a wide variety of both curricular offerings and after school activities and still small enough to allow students a chance to participate in activities of their choice.
St. Croix prepares students for some of the best colleges and universities in the United States.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|St. Croix Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||30 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||500 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1310||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Learn to represent yourself well)
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,300|
(English class and activities in the area. Available to groups of students w/ chaperone or to incoming St. Croix students. )
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
($13,600 boarding, fees. Insurance extra.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Ms. Hannah Schmiege|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||18|
|Courses||Advanced Writing, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Calculus A, AP Calculus B, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, College Introduction to Fiction, Introduction to Engineering and Design, Principles of Engineering|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
International Leadership Team, Math Team, Model United Nations, Musical, National Honor Society, Peer Mentors, Robotics, Speech Team, Student Council, Technology Club, Youth in Goverment
Arts and Music Programs:
Chidren's Theater, Film/Video Committee, Honor Choir, Jazz Band, Pep Band, String Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Clay Target Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Challenging Academic Program with Excellent Teaching Staff to Assist Students
- Wide Variety of Extracuricular Activities
- Special International Mentoring Programs
- Weekly Activities in nearby downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Close to the MSP International Airport
- Beautiful dormitory for secondary students overlooking a lake with media center, entertainment room, dining room and game room.
- Excellent choices of food with American and International selections
- Assistance for high school students as they apply for Universities
- An Exceptional Value for a Reasonable Investment
- St. Croix Academy accreditations: State of Minnesota and United States Government
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jacob '08 - Johns Hopkins Medical School Graduate and Multiple Awards as a Concert Vocalist
- Thao '10 - Scholarship covering 87% of university costs and 100% of medical costs. Multiple awards in service, Vietnam.
- Daniel '99 - Valedictorian, Cornell University, Senior Business Executive at Capital One
- Megan '09 - Chulalongkorn University, Multiple awards in art and photography.
- Dan '05 - Speaker, Presenter and Analyst at JP Morgan Financial.
- Submit Review for St. Croix Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 50 students 57.7 miles315 South Grove Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060
- Grades: 9-12 | 25 students 655.1 miles4 Lustre High Circle
Lustre, MT 59225
In the United States and throughout the world, it is well-documented that even though boys score as well as girls on standardized tests, they are less likely to receive good grades, take advanced courses,and attend college. Learn how boys schools can help address these concerns.
As amazing as it sounds, corporal punishment is still legal in over 20 states. Fortunately private schools banned the practice many decades ago.
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.