St. Croix Academy
St. Croix's middle school and high school are located in the same facility. The campus includes a chapel, theater, dormitory, student center, weight room, outdoor athletic complex, large gymnasium, technology center, music center, library and 27 classrooms.
St. Croix students come from over 30 different schools each year. Everyone begins the school year by making new friends.
St. Croix's lakeside family-style dormitory was built in 2015 and is located on a beautiful lake with walkways to the Mississippi River and within walking distance of over 50 shops and restaurants.
- St. Croix is a university preparation school for students in grades 6 to 12 with a reputation for being an excellent value encompassed in a very friendly and safe environment.
- While the academic standards are high, St. Croix supports its coed students through a full ESL program and with a full time international adviser to assist with the needs of the international students.
- Because the school enrollment is 500 students, the school is large enough to offer a wide variety of both curricular offerings and after school activities and still small enough to allow students a chance to participate in activities of their choice.
- St. Croix prepares students for some of the best colleges and universities in the United States.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|St. Croix Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||30 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||500 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Learn to represent yourself well.)
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
($13,300 boarding, fees. Insurance extra.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Dr. Jeff Lemke|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||17|
|Courses||Advanced Writing, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Calculus A, AP Calculus B, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, College Introduction to Fiction, Introduction to Engineering and Design, Principles of Engineering|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Marksmanship, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||19||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Clay Club, International Club, Math, Musical, National, Peer, Right, Speech, Student, Study, Technology, United, Youth
Arts and Music Programs:
Childrens, Drama Club, Honor, Jazz Club, One, Pep
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Challenging Academic Program with Excellent Teaching Staff to Assist Students
- Wide Variety of Extracuricular Activities
- Special International Mentoring Programs
- Weekly Activities in nearby downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Close to the MSP International Airport
- Beautiful dormitory for secondary students overlooking a lake with media center, entertainment room, dining room and game room.
- Excellent choices of food with American and International selections
- Assistance for high school students as they apply for Universities
- An Exceptional Value for a Reasonable Investment
- School accreditations: State of Minnesota and United States Government
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jacob '08 - Johns Hopkins Medical School Graduate and Multiple Awards as a Concert Vocalist
- Thao '10 - Scholarship covering 87% of university costs and 100% of medical costs. Multiple awards in service, Vietnam.
- Daniel '99 - Valedictorian, Cornell University, Senior Business Executive at Capital One
- Megan '09 - Chulalongkorn University, Multiple awards in art and photography.
- Dan '05 - Speaker, Presenter and Analyst at JP Morgan Financial.
- Submit Review for St. Croix Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.