Tallulah Falls School
On the field or on the court, students are challenged to develop life skills in leadership, teamwork, and personal achievement.
- Founded in 1909, Tallulah Falls School continues to be one of the fastest growing independent schools in the US with enrollment growing from 131 students in 2008 to 467 students in 2016.
- TFS students represent some the best and highest achieving students from across the US and around the world.
- Our qualified faculty and staff, beautiful mountain location, and dedication to the individual success of our students make Tallulah Falls School a truly special place to learn and grow.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Syracuse University Tallulah Falls School had a mandatory work program. The students participated in the cleaning of campus, assisted in cooking meals, and other various jobs. I thought going into it that the work was a bit. . .
- University of Georgia I attended Tallulah Falls for one year as a day student. This school is unique because there are so many different kinds of people that attend and work there. You have the opportunity. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Tallulah Falls||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||5-12||5-12|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||500 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||467 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1650||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School uniforms required)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:15||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$30 million||$17 million|
(Please contact the school regarding tuition "freeze" program for families)
|Tuition international students||$39,500||$47,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kelly Woodall|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||17|
|Courses||Biology 101, Biology 102, Chemistry 101, Chemistry 102, College Algebra, College Calculus 220L, College Calculus 221L, College Precalculus, English 101, English 102|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||11||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors Club, Bass Fishing Club, Equestrian Club, FCA, Interact Club, International Club, Juniorettes, Key Club, National Honor Society, Outdoor Club, Peer Tutor Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Drama Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Founded in 1909,Tallulah Falls School is an independent, coeducational boarding and day school serving 467 students in grades 5-12. Academics are the primary mission at Tallulah Falls School. The quality of the academic program and the academic success of students are priorities that form the foundation for the School. A dedicated and highly qualified faculty, outstanding facilities, a broad and challenging curriculum, small classes, and eager, motivated students all contribute to the accomplishment of academic goals.
- School accreditations: SACS & SAIS
- Submit Review for Tallulah Falls School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 160 students 73.1 miles1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.