Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12
- Enrollment: 630 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $59,200
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $22,500
- Acceptance rate: 48%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Khaki pants/skirt and polo
(Middle School Domestic Boarding Student (Grades 6-8) $61,500; Upper School Domestic Boarding Student (Grades 9-12) $59,200 )
(Early Learning (PreK3) $6,300; Lower School Day Student (Grades PreK-5) $10,500; Middle School Day Student (Grades 6-8) $20,700; Upper School Day Student (Grades 9-12) $23,400)
(A wide range of income levels qualifies for aid.)
AP / Advanced Courses
Admission Ambassador, Community Service Club, Culinary Club, Diversity Club, Dorm Prefects, French Club, GSA, Spanish Club, Student Cultural Organization, Student Government, Thespian Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Cirque, Dance Club, Language Clubs and Honors Societies, Prayer Group, Theater, Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural 5 vs. 5 Soccer
- Rural Mountain Campus: Our 1,400-acre campus is nestled in the Appalachians with stunning mountain views. There`s plenty of room to explore and expand with our on-campus lake, climbing tower, cross country trails, and more.
- Engaged Learning: At Rabun Gap, learning extends beyond the classroom walls. Across all three divisions, our teachers engage students in thoughtful exploration across our 1,400 acre campus. Hike the Appalachian Trail, build a drone in STEAM class, travel across the world, launch rockets.
- One-of-a-Kind Opportunities: Rabun Gap students have opportunities that are unrivaled in the region, including performing arts and cirque and more than 20 competitive Eagles athletic teams.
- Global Community: Your classmates will come from across town and around the world. We`re one of the most globally diverse schools in the United States.
- Nurturing Boarding Program: Boarding students at Rabun Gap have the unique opportunity to live on campus with their new extended family and experience dorm life before college. Our residential faculty are there for each student and develop one-on-one connections.
- Affordability: We`re committed to making a Rabun Gap education a reality for families regardless of income - it`s what sets us apart from other independent schools. More than 75% of students receive financial assistance.
- Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School accreditations: Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School cost?
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School's tuition is approximately $59,200 for boarding students and $22,500 for day students.
What schools are Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School often compared to?
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Tallulah Falls School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School?
The acceptance rate of Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School is 48%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School offer?
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School's ranking?
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percentage of students on financial aid.
When is the application deadline for Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School?
The application deadline for Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School is Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 1 / Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2015
University of Central Arkansas