Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #2 - The boarding experience at Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School prepares students for life in college and beyond. Our boarding students are right in the center of the action - steps away from the library, athletic fields, dining hall, and workout facilities.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #3 - The Rabun Gap Cirque program is highly acclaimed in the region and beyond for its artistic storytelling through drama and acrobatics.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #4 - Rabun Gap's expansive campus includes a 27-acre athletic complex with athletic facilities rivaling those of many small colleges.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #5 - The Rabun Gap Eagles athletics program offers 20 interscholastic teams in the following sports: soccer, tennis, baseball, basketball, football, softball, wrestling, swimming, lacrosse, golf, cross country, and track & field.
- As a college preparatory school, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School offers an educational program designed to provide the student with a solid foundation in the liberal arts.
- We offer a program that will both challenge and nurture each student.
- We encourage natural curiosity, and by example we demonstrate that discovery and learning are lifelong pursuits.
- We are committed to access. Rabun Gap offers Financial Aid to 75% of our students.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Central Arkansas The love is Rabun Gap is unreal, the connection you feel to each person is one you don't find everywhere. I loved the fact that I ate dinner with my teachers, went on trips with. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Rabun Gap-Nacoochee||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1400 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||600 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1210||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||970 - 1330||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/skirt and polo)
|Average Class Size||13 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$70 million||$20 million|
(Middle School $57,962; Upper School $52,962)
(Middle School $17,665; Upper School $19,941)
|Tuition international students||$58,262||$50,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$21,000|
(A wide range of income levels qualifies for aid.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 9 / Feb. 7 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||45%||-|
|Director of Admissions||DaRel Christiansen|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sherry Richardson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|Courses||Art, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, French Literature, Modern European History, Physics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||37||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, BUFO- literary and fine arts magazine, Cleveland Area Arts Experience, Community Service Club, Culinary Club, Diversity Club, Dorm Prefects, Environment Club, Fly Fishing Club, four, French Club, Green Key Club- student snack bar, GSA, Hardscrabble- school yearbook, Orientation Team, Spanish Club, Student Cultural Organization, Student Government, The Dane (Newspaper), The Owl (Yearbook), Thespian Club, two, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Cirque, Intramural 5 vs. 5 Soccer, Language Clubs and Honors Societies, Prayer Group, Theater, three, Web Publications, Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Conservation Corps, Dance Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, G Force Dance, Weightlifting Club
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Washington||7|
|University of Georgia||6|
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||6|
|Agnes Scott College||5|
|Georgia Southern University||5|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Founded in 1903, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School has a wonderful history of providing boarding and day students with an educational experience of the highest quality at an affordable cost. The school is located on 1,400 spacious acres in Rabun Gap, nestled in the mountains of northeast Georgia, offering beautiful seasonal weather, a variety of performing arts and outdoor activities, along with a safe and secure campus environment for both day and boarding students.
- We have continued to enhance our facilities and programs to meet the current needs of our students; The 47,000 sq. ft. Arts and Technology Building, a more spacious library, superior athletic fields, and a separate middle school annex are just a few examples of the significant additions to the campus during recent years.
- LD types supported: mild learning differences
- Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School accreditations: Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
Two kinds of admissions are in use at American boarding schools: admissions with a fixed deadline and rolling admissions. We take a look at rolling admissions.