Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #2 - Founded in 1903, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School is nestled on 1,400 acres in the Appalachian Mountains, just two hours from Atlanta, GA, Greenville, SC, and Asheville, NC.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #3 - The boarding experience at Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School prepares students for life in college and beyond. Our boarding students are right in the center of the action - steps away from the library, athletic fields, dining hall, and workout facilities.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #5 - Rabun Gap's expansive campus includes a 27-acre athletic complex with athletic facilities rivaling those of many small colleges.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School Photo #6 - The Rabun Gap Cirque program is highly acclaimed in the region and beyond for its artistic storytelling through drama and acrobatics.
Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School is one of the top private boarding and day schools in the United States. With students and faculty from more than 56 countries and 15 states, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School brings culture and community to the mountains of Northeast Georgia, Centrally located between Atlanta, GA, Greenville, SC, and Asheville, NC, Rabun Gap is the ideal setting for young learners to thrive.Boarding program for grades 7-12
630 day and boarding students in three divisions 75% of students receive financial aid 100% college acceptance
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Central Arkansas The love is Rabun Gap is unreal, the connection you feel to each person is one you don't find everywhere. I loved the fact that I ate dinner with my teachers, went on trips with. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Rabun Gap-Nacoochee||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1400 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||630 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1210||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||970 - 1330||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants/skirt and polo)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$70 million||$23 million|
(Middle School Domestic Boarding Student (Grades 6-8) $59,700; Upper School Domestic Boarding Student (Grades 9-12) $57,500 )
(Middle School Day Student (Grades 6-8) $19,900; Upper School Day Student (Grades 9-12) $22,500)
|Tuition international students||$64,200||$53,975|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$21,000|
(A wide range of income levels qualifies for aid.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 9 / Feb. 7 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||45%||-|
|Director of Admissions||DaRel Christiansen|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sherry Richardson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|Courses||Art, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, French Literature, Modern European History, Physics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Admission Ambassador, Community Service Club, Culinary Club, Diversity Club, Dorm Prefects, French Club, GSA, Spanish Club, Student Cultural Organization, Student Government, Thespian Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Cirque, Dance Club, Language Clubs and Honors Societies, Prayer Group, Theater, Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural 5 vs. 5 Soccer
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Washington||7|
|University of Georgia||6|
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||6|
|Agnes Scott College||5|
|Georgia Southern University||5|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Rural Mountain Campus: Our 1,400-acre campus is nestled in the Appalachians with stunning mountain views. There`s plenty of room to explore and expand with our on-campus lake, climbing tower, cross country trails, and more.
- Engaged Learning: At Rabun Gap, learning extends beyond the classroom walls. Across all three divisions, our teachers engage students in thoughtful exploration across our 1,400 acre campus. Hike the Appalachian Trail, build a drone in STEAM class, travel across the world, launch rockets.
- One-of-a-Kind Opportunities: Rabun Gap students have opportunities that are unrivaled in the region, including performing arts and cirque and more than 20 competitive Eagles athletic teams.
- Global Community: Your classmates will come from across town and around the world. We`re one of the most globally diverse schools in the United States.
- Nurturing Boarding Program: Boarding students at Rabun Gap have the unique opportunity to live on campus with their new extended family and experience dorm life before college. Our residential faculty are there for each student and develop one-on-one connections.
- Affordability: We`re committed to making a Rabun Gap education a reality for families regardless of income - it`s what sets us apart from other independent schools. More than 75% of students receive financial assistance.
- LD types supported: mild learning differences
- Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School accreditations: Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.