The Webb School
5.00 (10 reviews)
Tel: (931) 389-6003
319 Webb Road East
Bell Buckle, TN 37020
Bell Buckle, TN 37020
The Webb School Photo #3 - The Webb School offers an Outdoor Education program as well as Wilderness Instruction and Leadership Development (WILD)
- The Webb School, guided by our core values of honor, integrity and civility, motivates young men and women to fulfill their promise.
- Our community of just over 317 students in grades 6-12 is small by design, creating lifelong connections while fostering greater involvement and individual growth.
- A mindful, global education is built into the very fabric of the student body and reflects a continuing commitment to graduating active citizens of the world. To put it simply, it`s cool to be smart at Webb.
- We develop confident, creative, and critical thinkers one question at a time.
- Webb offers 19 AP courses along with other very challenging classes, as well an academic support program for students with mild learning differences. Webb truly breaks the mold with our Emerging Voices Program, which fosters our students` public speaking and written skills while developing passions.
- The Webb School`s beautiful 150-acre campus is located 50 minutes south of Nashville in historic Bell Buckle.
- This safe and intimate setting promotes a focus on personal values and intellectual growth, creating a refuge from societal pressures and distractions. An extensive network of extracurricular programs accord students the opportunity to try new activities and develop new passions. A thriving outdoor program, complete with backpacking, rafting, and rock climbing encourages students to develop leadership skills while enjoying the natural surroundings. The hallmark of a Webb education is an emphasis on honor and personal integrity. Our historic honor code, the inspiration for the well-known honor code at Princeton, is the framework in which students grow into Webb ladies and gentlemen. This has the lifeblood of Webb throughout our 150 year history, and our students take pride in upholding this tradition.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Alabama in Huntsville The relationships that are built between the faculty and the students is phenomenal. The teachers are willing to work with the students until they have a firm grasp on the material. The faculty not only. . .
- Brandeis University I think the most unique aspect of Webb is its atmosphere. No other school that I know has such acceptance of diversity, race, and unique personalities. At Webb, you can really learn who you are. . .
- Davidson College Small classes and a teaching community dedicated to its students make Webb feel like a home. Teachers are always available to help, support, and listen to their students. The honor code instills a sense of. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|The Webb School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||145 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||330 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1320||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1100 - 1400||-|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$45 million||$22 million|
(Additional fee for ESL students)
|Tuition international students||$54,400||$53,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$20,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Julie Harris|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Carrie Auwarter|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||18|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English III, AP English IV, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Government and Politics, AP Latin, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Modern European History, AP Physics (Electromagnetism), AP Physics (Mechanics), AP Physics I, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Riflery, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||42||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Board Games, Book Club, Campus Store, Chess Club, Computer Programming, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Dance Marathon, Diversity Club, Dorm Prefects, Drug Awareness Club, Engineering Club, Esports, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Film Club, French Club, Green Feet (Environmental), History on Film, Improvisation, International Film Club, Knitting Club, Literary Magazine, Math Competition Club, Photography Club, Prefects, Social Justice Club, Son Will Society Ambassadors, Spanish Club, Theater/Drama Club, Video Editing Club, yearbook, Yoga/mindfulness
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Guitar Club, Strings Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading Club, Clay Targets, Lacrosse Club, Table Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball Club
|Year: 2020||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Savannah College of Art and Design||3|
|University of Southern California||3|
|University of Mississippi||2|
|University of Tennessee-Chattanooga||2|
|New York University||1|
|University of Tennessee-Knoxville||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Webb Difference
- Honor and Character: The hallmark of a Webb education is our emphasis on honor and personal integrity. Our 150 year old Honor Code, the inspiration for the Honor Code at Princeton, is the framework in which students grow into principled young adults. Our students take pride in upholding this tradition by signing the pledge book each year and electing members of a student-led Honor Council.
- Emerging Voices Program: Writing across the curriculum and public speaking are major emphases at The Webb School. Through our Emerging Voices Program, students learn to create original ideas, assemble a body of research, and communicate those ideas effectively through writing and public speaking. Students showcase their skills each year by performing declamations, orations, performance creations and senior paper presentations. These exhibitions are developed and completed under the mentorship of the students' advisors and other members of the community. Our goal is to create confident contributors in the classroom and beyond.
- Outdoor Program: Webb`s Outerlimits and Wilderness Instruction and Leadership Development (WILD) programs combine the classroom with the outdoors. Our 150-acre campus is thriving with the spirit of a well-rounded education. Students develop leadership skills and confidence as they navigate our high ropes course and lead trips into the surrounding area. Rock climbing, caving, backpacking, kayaking, and rafting are just some of the activities students can master during their tenure at Webb.
- Global Education: A mindful, global education is built into the very fabric of the curriculum at The Webb School and reflects a continuing commitment to graduating active citizens of the world. Students from 18 different countries and 12 different states endow Webb with a unique and diverse community. Each class, each activity, and each meal is an opportunity for students to authentically connect with each other and expand their viewpoint. With a legacy of service and graduates who are active in the global marketplace, Webb impacts the world.
- Personalized Education: Webb`s flexible curriculum and small class sizes challenge students as individuals, allowing them to exceed their expectations. With a 7:1 student to teacher ratio, and an average class size of 13, students are encouraged to engage actively in their classes, sharing their opinions on material with teachers and students. Advisors, teachers, coaches, and dorm parents take a personal interest in students, providing an education that is both rigorous and personalized.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, ADD & ADHD
- The Webb School accreditations: SAIS, TABS, NAIS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Vermont Royster - Editor of The Wall Street Journal, winner of two Pulitzer Prizes and the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Charles Alexander - International Editor for TIME Magazine
- Fielding Lewis Wright - Governor of Mississippi
- Lewis Branscomb - President of Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government
- Ingram Macklin Stainback - First Governor of Hawaii
- Prentice Cooper - Governor of Tennessee
- Frank Constatine - Chief of Opthamalic surgery at the Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
- Edwin Davis - Chairman of the Federal Trade Commission
- Edward W. Carmack - U.S. Senator
- Wayne Rogers - Movie and Television actor, portrayed Trapper John on M*A*S*H TV series; investment analyst for FOX News network
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for The Webb School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Tips for athletes applying to boarding school.
This is a fictional interview with the head of a boarding school. After all, her concerns are probably yours as well.
We parents have a multi-faceted role to play in protecting our school-age children during th pandemic.