Delphian School Photo #2 - Delphian is for the curious, compassionate and driven. For those who lead by example-the doers, the makers and the fixers. For those who live life to the fullest and love exploring and discovering.
Delphian School Photo #3 - The Delphian curriculum starts with the classic subjects you need for a well-rounded education: literature, science, mathematics, history and the arts. Students will also study life skill related subjects such as communication, leadership, planning and organizing and many other vital life subjects.
Delphian School Photo #4 - Conventional schooling places an emphases on tests, rules and grades rather than purpose, interest and comprehension. Our mastery-based curriculum teaches students the most valuable skill of all: how to teach yourself anything you want to learn.
Delphian School Photo #5 - To wrap your head around an idea, you need to get your hands dirty. Practical experience is central to learning at Delphian.
Delphian School Photo #6 - All students are involved in relevant, hands-on, learning experiences that allow students to relate their studies to real life.
Delphian School Photo #7 - Our graduates leave Delphian with real-life skills and abilities. Ready for change, for higher education and ready for the real world.
Delphian School Photo #8 - Discipline is a key component of any sports program, just as hard work is expected from every player. Delphian's athletic program emphasizes these qualities, as well as participation and sportsmanship.
Delphian School Photo #9 - Delphian has a bustling fine and performing arts program where we consider artistic interests as essentials, not extras.
- We teach real-life skills and abilities. We focus on balancing the theoretical and practical side of learning.
- Our graduates are ready for change, ready for higher education and ready for the real world.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Emory University Located on the foothills of the coastal range, the Delphian School provides a friendly and peaceful place for students from all over the world.I will miss how students interact with each other. Every individual. . .
- N/A There are two main things that are extremely unique about Delphian. First, is the use of Study Technology. This teaches students how to study, and help them be able to move faster and actually understand. . .
- N/A The main aspect of the Delphian School is their method of education and what the program has to offer. The program that they use, the Study Technology program, really helps students understand the things that. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Delphian School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||5-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||720 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||230 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1284||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||30||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,800|
(We have a 3 week and 6 week program and ranges between $2,800 - $8,150. Price will vary depending on Day or Boarding students. International students have slightly different pricing as well to account for things such as insurance. )
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$2 million||$23 million|
(Boarding tuition rates range: $54,364 - $57,416 )
(Day student tuition rates range from $19,190 - $36,714 and vary by school (Lower, Elementary, Middle, Upper). Delphian offers flexible tuition which may reduce the cost of tuition to qualified families.)
|Tuition international students||$64,568||$52,900|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$13,500|
(Merit scholarships also available)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Rachel Karl|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Audio Visual Club, Blue Key Tour Guides, Boy Scouts, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Coffee Houses, Conversation Partners, Cooking Club, Diversity Discussion Group, International Club, Space Club, Student Council, Study Tutor Club, Woodshop, Writing and Poetry
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Drawing, Fine Arts Club, Guitar Club, Strings (Orchestra)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2010 - 2015||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Parsons, New School for Design||4|
|Berklee College of Music||3|
|University of Oregon||3|
|University of Washington||3|
|New York University||2|
|University of California, Davis||2|
|University of California, Los Angeles||2|
|University of Notre Dame||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Conventional schooling places an emphasis on tests, rules and grades rather than purpose, interest and comprehension. Delphian School was founded with a basic understanding that students are naturally interested in learning and can comprehend even the most complex subjects when they have a goal for what they are studying. The Delphi Program empowers this natural instinct with a program tailored to each student`s individual interest.Our students, parents and alumni agree-you`ve never seen a school like Delphian. Our mastery-based curriculum teaches students the most valuable skill of all: how to teach yourself anything you want to learn.In addition to the classic subjects, and unique to the Delphi Program, students study communication and leadership, the philosophy of ethics, planning and organizing skills and many other vital subjects. These skills ensure graduates are ready for life as adults.
- Delphian School accreditations: Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), Western Boarding Schools Association (WBSA), AdvancedEd
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Sky Dayton - Founder of EarthLink and founder and chairman of Boingo Wireless, and a technology investor/entrepreneur.
- Thad Corea - Drummer (Wild Colonials; Blue Man Group); Jaguar Recording Studio
- Arwen Dayton - Author
- Natasha Gray - Artist/sculptor
- Vivian Gray - Actress (Dread)
- Sylvan Lionni - Artist
- Melissa McPhail - Author
- David O'Donnell - Actor/producer/writer: Air Force One; NCIS; Days of Our Lives
- Eduardo Olmos - Mayor of Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
- Doug Rappoport - Lead guitarist (Edgar Winter)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Delphian School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 193 students 2498.3 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1600 students 2472.4 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904) 256-50302472.49-12, PG1600
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.