Oregon Episcopal School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 875 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $71,200
- Acceptance rate: 36%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
((includes meal plan, ELS, most athletics etc.))
AP / Advanced Courses
Business Club, Challenge Course, Coding & Arduinos, Creative Collective, Economics Club, Greenhouse, International Student Club, Investment Club, Junior State of America, Midwinter Madness, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Newspaper, OES Stories, Peer Writing Center, Rocketry, Service Learning, Speech and Debate, Stagecraft, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Accapella and Concert Choir, Drama Club, Photography, Studio Art
- Established in 1869, OES is a co-ed, pre-kindergarten to grade 12, independent, day and boarding school located on a 59-acre wooded campus just 15 minutes from downtown Portland on the West Coast. We celebrate exploration and discovery, experiential learning, the cultivation of meaningful relationships, and being a power of good in the world. Service learning is an essential part of our school`s philosophy.
- OES is a college preparatory school and our students move on to select colleges. In a typical year, more than 130 colleges visit OES to recruit our students. Our average class size of 14 students enables discussion-based learning. Our students become strong and versatile writers, critical thinkers, designers, performers, and they engage in hands-on, project-oriented work. For example, through our annual science research project, our students have reached great heights in research, and national and international recognition.
- Our dorm students are incredibly supported. We have one faculty dorm parent for approximately every six dorm students. Our Dorm Academic Resource Team of faculty members offers additional academic support. Being a smaller dorm program of 55 students, our students build close relationships with each other, and adults, and they have more opportunities for leadership. Our dorm students are supported and known by our community.
- At OES, our rigorous, college-preparatory program is balanced by student wellness. We typically start each school year with grade level trips to local outdoor venues. During exam time, we have snacks and tea, meditation and yoga sessions, and even bunny petting to minimize stress for students.
- High school should also be a joyful time when students have opportunities to try new activities and explore their passions. OES has a no-cut policy for sports. With more than 27 sports teams, any student who wants to play a sport will be on a team, and have a chance to play. We have offered more than 30 activities every year, and they are worked into the class schedule for students. We offer free outdoor trips throughout the school year: hiking, rafting, snowboarding, surfing, rock climbing etc.
- OES's location is ideal. We are approximately one hour from the mountains and from the ocean. We have stores and restaurants within walking distance of campus, and it is only an eight minute drive to the mall, a 15 minute drive to downtown, and a 25 minute drive to the airport. Portland is a city known for its art, music, food, sports (NBA & MLS teams), and entrepreneurship (Nike World Headquarters, Adidas North American Headquarters, Columbia World Headquarters, and Intel campuses).
- Oregon Episcopal School accreditations: Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Independent Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Virginia Euwer Wolff '55 - Writer
- John Robinson '05 - Actor
- Ben Westlund '67 - Public servant
- Tianhui Michael Li '03 - Data scientist/tech entrepreneur
- Clara Munson, 1880 - First Oregon woman mayor
- Vivian Marshall '09 - Vaudeville and film actress
- Peter Holstrom '87 - Musician, The Dandy Warhols
- Betsy Johnson '69 - Public servant
- Marion Eugenie Bauer, 1898 - Composer
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Oregon Episcopal School cost?
Oregon Episcopal School's tuition is approximately $71,200 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Oregon Episcopal School?
The acceptance rate of Oregon Episcopal School is 36%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Oregon Episcopal School?
Oregon Episcopal School famous alumni include: Virginia Euwer Wolff '55, John Robinson '05, Ben Westlund '67, Tianhui Michael Li '03, Clara Munson, 1880, Vivian Marshall '09, Peter Holstrom '87, Betsy Johnson '69 and Marion Eugenie Bauer, 1898.
What sports does Oregon Episcopal School offer?
Oregon Episcopal School offers 10 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
Does Oregon Episcopal School offer a summer program?
Yes, Oregon Episcopal School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Oregon Episcopal School?
The application deadline for Oregon Episcopal School is Jan. 31.