Wy'East Mountain Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12, PG
- Enrollment: 60 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $55,500
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- Cool school: Students work towards diploma, graduate to higher level on the slopes at Wy'East Mountain Academy - 02/02/2020KPTV News Portland, interviewing and filming our snowboard team February, 2020
Wy'East Mountain Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(Cost varies depending length of term)
- Wy'East Mountain Academy students range from 12 to 19 years old, 7th to 12th grade, with an option to continue with college courses up to age 20. Our students follow an online curriculum supported by teachers in a physical classroom environment, and adhere to a disciplined training schedule with their coaches for the rest of the day. Most snow sports students train on the mountain in the morning and attend class in the afternoon, while most skateboard and mountain bike students attend class in the morning and train in the afternoon. All students take their laptops and continue their classes while travelling. Wy`East Mountain Academy accepts all levels of student athletes, and we excel at helping students fulfill their potential and reach advanced levels in their sports. We offer Snowboarding, Skiing, Skateboarding and Mountain Biking as our focuses. Within the Skiing and Snowboarding programs we offer "park" and "big mountain" options. All programs travel extensively and attend national and international competitions.
- Wy'East Mountain Academy accreditations: Accreditation International, NCPSA, US Ski and Snowboard Certified Club, SEVP Authorized School
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Nick Goepper - Two-time Olympic medal winner in Slopestyle Skiing, Three-time Winter X Game gold medal winner, Board Member of WyEast Mountain Academy
- Alex Beaulieu-Marchand - Bronze medal winner in Slopestyle at Pyeongchang, Korea Winter Olympics X Games silver medalist 2019 Slopestyle and Big Air
- Alex Hackel - Member of US Ski Team, winner of 2020 X Games Real Ski Crowd Favorite
- Lyman Currier - Two-time Olympian, Halfpipe Ski
- Kristaps Thompson - Canadian National Ski Team, McGill Graduate School of Engineering
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wy'East Mountain Academy cost?
Wy'East Mountain Academy's tuition is approximately $55,500 for boarding students.
Who are famous alumni from Wy'East Mountain Academy?
Wy'East Mountain Academy famous alumni include: Nick Goepper, Alex Beaulieu-Marchand, Alex Hackel, Lyman Currier and Kristaps Thompson.
What sports does Wy'East Mountain Academy offer?
Wy'East Mountain Academy offers 8 interscholastic sports: Climbing, Freestyle Skiing, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding and Surf Team.
Does Wy'East Mountain Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Wy'East Mountain Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Wy'East Mountain Academy's ranking?
Wy'East Mountain Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Small student body (number of students) and High percentage of boarding students.
When is the application deadline for Wy'East Mountain Academy?
The application deadline for Wy'East Mountain Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2019
Class of 2012
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Class of 2009
American Military University