St. Paul's School
- St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world.
- The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school.
- These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Lehigh University One of the biggest qualities that stood out during my time at St. Paul's was the campus and the community. You will not come across a more beautiful campus in New England. Covering a span. . .
- Davidson College St. Paul's was unique in that it was 100% boarding. Attending a school where absolutely all of the students (and the majority of the staff) reside on the same campus for the entire academic. . .
- Swarthmore College One of the most memorable and unique aspects of SPS is the boarding atmosphere. Everyone lives on campus in school housing, even students who hail from the local town. Teachers live on campus. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
St. Paul's School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 314 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|St. Paul's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||2000 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||539 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1415||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$631 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$56,182|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Dean of Admission||Scott P. Bohan|
|Associate Director of Admission||Tim Caryl-Klika|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||66||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
All-Male A Cappella Group, Art Society, Astronomy Society, Best Buddies, Business Society, Cadmean Concordian, Cage Soccer Club, Cancer Awareness Society, Chinese Society, Chocolate Vanilla Swirl, Classics Society, Climbing Club, Contra Dance Society, Cooking Club, Cricket Club, Daily Grind Coffee Society, Debate Team, El Club De Espanol, Enders Science Society, Film Club, Football Appreciation Society, French Club, Futsal Club, Gender and Sexuality Alliance, German Club, Golf Club, Indian Society, International Lunch-time Animation Festival (ILAF), International Society, Investment Club, Japanese Society, John G. Winant Society, La Mezcla, La Sociedad, Liberty in North Korea (LiNK), Madhatters, Math Society/Team, Mental Illness Awareness Society, Middle-Eastern Society, Mock Trial Club, Model Congress, Model United Nations, Outing Club, Paulie Improv (PI), People's Community Problems, Robotics Club, Rugby Club, Russian Society, Scholastic Bowl Team, Ski Club, Southern Society, SPS ASL, SPS Family, SPS Yearbook, St. Paw's Club, Student Cultural Alliance, Supernova, The Pelican, Ukulele Society, Wood Squad, WSPS, Young Democrats, Young Independents, Young Men's Club, Young Republicans, Young Women's Club
|Year: 2019||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Pennsylvania||17|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world. The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school. These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff. In addition to its academic curriculum, St. Paul's School requires participation in four other areas of community life to complement the academic endeavors of our students: the Living In Community Program, the Community Outreach Program, Athletics, and the Chapel Program. The School's commitment to education and caring for the whole person, as reflected in this all-encompassing view of education, supports and nurtures the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development of our students.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- John Kerry - U.S. Senator, Massachusetts
- Garry Trudeau - Cartoonist, Doonesbury
- Robert Mueller - Director, FBI
- Lorene Cary - Author/Speaker
- Jeff Halpern - NHL All-Star
- Hobey Baker - Renowned hockey star and World War I war hero
- Edward Harkness - Philanthropist
- William Randolph Hearst - Newspaper publisher
- Nick Stoller - Filmmaker and Producer
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for St. Paul's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn about the benefits of attending a Quaker boarding school.
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.