St. Paul's School
St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world.
The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school.
These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Lehigh University One of the biggest qualities that stood out during my time at St. Paul's was the campus and the community. You will not come across a more beautiful campus in New England. Covering a span. . .
- Davidson College St. Paul's was unique in that it was 100% boarding. Attending a school where absolutely all of the students (and the majority of the staff) reside on the same campus for the entire academic. . .
- Swarthmore College One of the most memorable and unique aspects of SPS is the boarding atmosphere. Everyone lives on campus in school housing, even students who hail from the local town. Teachers live on campus. . .
All Schools Similar Size Schools
St. Paul's School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|St. Paul's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||2000 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||544 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1384||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$614.4 million||$24 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$55,335|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Dean of Admission||Scott P. Bohan|
|Associate Director of Admission||Tim Caryl-Klika|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||63||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
@SPSVogue, 13 Blues and Islands Caribbean Affinity Group, American Sign Language Club, Angler’s Society, Asian Society, Braille Club, Chess Club, Chinese Society, Classical Film Society, Classics Society, Common Ground, Cooking Cultures Club, Criminal Justice Reform Group, Dairy Appreciation Society, Debate, Deli Line, Eco Action, Engineering and Robotics Club, Entrepreneurs Club, Fly Tying Club, Funkdefied, GAINS, GSA, Horae Scholasticae, Humans of SPS, iLaf, Indian Society, International Society, Investing Club, Japanese Society, Justice and Social Equity for Asians and Asian Americans, Kitchen Society, LatinX, LettuceHeads, Mock Trial, Model UN, Onyx, Physics & Astronomy Club, Plant Appreciation Society, Ski Club, Sports Appreciation and Debate, SPS Boxing Club, SPS Tech, Student Cultural Alliance, Surf Club, Tea and Coffee Club, The Biology Society, The Minecraft Society, The Pelican, The Testostertones, The UNICEF Club, The Voyager, Tides, Transitions, Ultimate Frisbee Spikeball Champions League Society Club Team, Vibes, Women of Color, WSPS, Yoga Club, Young Democrats, Young Independents, Young Republicans, Young Women’s Club
|Year: 2019||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Pennsylvania||17|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world. The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school. These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff. In addition to its academic curriculum, St. Paul's School requires participation in four other areas of community life to complement the academic endeavors of our students: the Living In Community Program, the Community Outreach Program, Athletics, and the Chapel Program. The School's commitment to education and caring for the whole person, as reflected in this all-encompassing view of education, supports and nurtures the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development of our students.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- John Kerry - U.S. Senator, Massachusetts
- Garry Trudeau - Cartoonist, Doonesbury
- Robert Mueller - Director, FBI
- Lorene Cary - Author/Speaker
- Jeff Halpern - NHL All-Star
- Hobey Baker - Renowned hockey star and World War I war hero
- Edward Harkness - Philanthropist
- William Randolph Hearst - Newspaper publisher
- Nick Stoller - Filmmaker and Producer
Profile last updated: 09/25/2020
- Submit Review for St. Paul's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Are you thinking about sending your daughter off to boarding school? Go for it!
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
You've tried everything but still your child has serious issues. Perhaps it's time to think about sending him to a residential therapeutic school.