St. Paul's School
- St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world.
- The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school.
- These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Lehigh University One of the biggest qualities that stood out during my time at St. Paul's was the campus and the community. You will not come across a more beautiful campus in New England. Covering a span. . .
- Davidson College St. Paul's was unique in that it was 100% boarding. Attending a school where absolutely all of the students (and the majority of the staff) reside on the same campus for the entire academic. . .
- Swarthmore College One of the most memorable and unique aspects of SPS is the boarding atmosphere. Everyone lives on campus in school housing, even students who hail from the local town. Teachers live on campus. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 320 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|St. Paul's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||2000 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||530 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1406||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||30||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||50||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$602.1 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$55,520|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||81%||-|
|Dean of Admission||Scott P. Bohan|
|Associate Director of Admission||Tim Caryl-Klika|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||50||17|
|Courses||Advanced Biology: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Advanced Biology: Limnology & Marine Biology, Advanced Biology: Molecular Biology, Advanced Biology: Terrestrial Ecology, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Chinese, Advanced French, Advanced German, Advanced Japanese, Advanced Latin, Advanced Mathematics Seminar, Advanced Photography, Advanced Physics I, Advanced Physics I-2H, Advanced Portfolio: Drawing and Painting, Advanced Portfolio: Sculpture, Advanced Spanish, Calculus 1-2H, Linear Algebra, Mathematics Seminar Honors, Vector Calculus|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||54||24|
|Extracurriculars||Community Outreach Program, Diversity Club, Eco-Action, Missionary Society, WSPS-FM|
Club or Organization:
Acolyte Guild, Activities Committee, Afro-Latino Alliance, Angels, Animation Club, Art Association, Athletic Association, Bible Study, Book Club, Bridge Club, Cadmean Concordian Society, Chapel, Chess Club, Chinese Society, Classic Cinema Club, Classics Society, Cum Laude, Debate Club, FunkDeFied, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), German Club, Gospel, Hillel Society, Horae Scholasticae (student literary and art magazine), Interfaith Club, International Society, Japanese Club, John Enders Science Club, John Winant Society, Korean Society, Le Cercle Francais, Lectors Guild, Mathematics Society, MOSAIC-Modelling Ongoing Student Action (for an) Inclusive Community, Outing Club, Student Council, Student Cultural Alliance, Taekwondo Society, The Pelican (student newspaper), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber, Chorus, Concert Club, Deli Line (coed a cappella singing group), Jazz Club, Madhatters (all girls a cappella singing group), Madrigal Singers, SPS Ballet Company, T-Tones (all boys a cappella singing group)
|Year: 2017||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Pennsylvania||20|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world. The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school. These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff. In addition to its academic curriculum, St. Paul's School requires participation in four other areas of community life to complement the academic endeavors of our students: the Residential Life Program, the Community Outreach Program, Athletics, and the Chapel Program. The School's commitment to education and caring for the whole person, as reflected in this all-encompassing view of education, supports and nurtures the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development of our students.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- John Kerry - U.S. Senator, Massachusetts
- Garry Trudeau - Cartoonist, Doonesbury
- Robert Mueller - Director, FBI
- Lorene Cary - Author/Speaker
- Jeff Halpern - NHL All-Star
- Hobey Baker - Renowned hockey star and World War I war hero
- Edward Harkness - Philanthropist
- William Randolph Hearst - Newspaper publisher
- Nick Stoller - Filmmaker and Producer
- Submit Review for St. Paul's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
September 17, 2018
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
August 28, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
August 14, 2018
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.