Ojai Valley School
- Grades: (Boarding) 3-12
- Enrollment: 275 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $59,500
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $26,000
- Acceptance rate: 64%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Jr. Boarding Tuition (5/7 day) Grades 3-8: $60,500)
(Varies per grade level: www.ovs.org)
(5 Day Boarding)
($18,209 average boarding; $10,541 average day)
AP / Advanced Courses
Founded in 1911, Ojai Valley School is recognized for its challenging academics and unique programs:
- 100% college placement
- Interscholastic sports
- Outdoor education (trips to Yosemite, Channel Islands, Escalante, Lost Coast, Zion, and Joshua Tree)
- Equestrian program
- Community service
- Fine and performing arts
- International ESL and summer programs A spectacular location 40 miles southeast of Santa Barbara and at the foot of the Los Padres National Forest ensures weekend access to beaches, lakes and mountains.
- Ojai Valley School accreditations: ACA, WAIC, WASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Barbara B. Smith (L35) - Ethnomusicologist, Professor Emeritus of Music, University of Hawaii
- Robert Erburu (L46) - Former Chairman of the Board and CEO, Times Mirror
- Michael Mondavi (L58) - Founder, Folio Wine Partners
- Jeffrey Hyland (L63) - President, Hilton & Hyland, architectural historian and author
- John Slavik (L66, U69) - Owner, Pinnacle Holdings, Inc.
- Keith Carradine (U67) - Actor, composer, musician
- David Lazarus (L74, U78) - American business and consumer columnist for the Los Angeles Times
- Bruce Sommers (L79) - President of Sincbox Media
- Mari Holden (L84, U88) - 2000 Olympic silver medalist, cycling
- Tiana Coudray (L02,U06) - 2010 winner, USEA Gold Cup Series CIC3* division, Galway Downs International Horse Trials
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ojai Valley School cost?
Ojai Valley School's tuition is approximately $59,500 for boarding students and $26,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Ojai Valley School?
The acceptance rate of Ojai Valley School is 64%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Ojai Valley School?
Ojai Valley School famous alumni include: Barbara B. Smith (L35), Robert Erburu (L46), Michael Mondavi (L58), Jeffrey Hyland (L63), John Slavik (L66, U69), Keith Carradine (U67), David Lazarus (L74, U78), Bruce Sommers (L79), Mari Holden (L84, U88) and Tiana Coudray (L02,U06).
What sports does Ojai Valley School offer?
Ojai Valley School offers 10 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
Does Ojai Valley School offer a summer program?
Yes, Ojai Valley School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Ojai Valley School?
The application deadline for Ojai Valley School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2020
CSUCI and VC
Class of 2011
University of California, Berkeley