5.00 (11 reviews)
Tel: (831) 625-8300
3152 Forest Lake Road
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Stevenson School Photo #2 - Outdoor Education: Afternoon surfing, day hikes, weekend camping trips, and an 11-day wilderness trek introduce students to the wilderness environment while emphasizing the development of a positive attitude toward challenging situations.
Stevenson School Photo #3 - Stevenson has a remarkable athletics culture that balances good sportsmanship, competitiveness, and camaraderie.
Stevenson School Photo #4 - Stevenson students engage the sciences not only in the classroom and lab, but through broad participation in science fairs and competitions at the local, state and national level. Many students work one-on-one with faculty on individual research projects, too.
Stevenson School Photo #5 - The Fine Arts department offers dance, music, drama, painting, ceramics, graphic design, and more. There are no limits to self-expression and developing your creative talents.
Stevenson School Photo #6 - Students gather around a warming fire in the outdoor fire pit on a cool evening.
Founded in 1952, Stevenson School is a selective coeducational PK-12 boarding and day school with 750 students.
Our mission includes three aims: to prepare students for success in school and life beyond school, to foster their passion for learning and achievement, and to help them shape a joyful life.
The 500-student upper division, comprising grades 9-12, is located in Pebble Beach, where about 60% of students reside in six faculty-supervised dormitories.
The lower and middle divisions, totaling about 250 students in grades PK-8, are located in Carmel.
As a California school enlightened by a global sensibility, Stevenson is premised on a vision of education as the means by which we discover the world and contribute to its transformation.
We believe that one's education is best pursued in the company of others, for others' benefit as well as one's own.
Our Latin motto-Suaviter in modo, fortiter in re ("Gentle in manner, resolute in deed")-inspires humility and perseverance.
Stevenson offers a values-driven community experience influenced by the distinctive natural beauty, ecological biodiversity, and contemplative culture of California's Central Coast.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Stevenson University Every teacher is always accessible and they are always friendly. I felt so at home there. They also have a counseling center where they take ideas from students about how to improve the school psychologically. . .
- Elon University Stevenson is a stunning atmosphere both beauty and quality of life. The school is situated in Pebble Beach, on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. However, the scenery is not the most beautiful part about Stevenson. The. . .
- Santa Clara University The most striking thing about Stevenson School is the immense support system at so many different levels. No matter what issues you may face, there is the exact person you need to help you there. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Stevenson School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||50 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||500 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1346||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1230 - 1480||-|
|Average ACT score||29||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$48 million||$23 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$48,200|
(Boarding: $48,200; Day: $28,000)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Bernadette Sotak|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||22||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||33||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
American Sign Languge Club (ASL), Asian/Asian American Student Union (A/AASU), Black Student Union (BSU), Business Club, Christian Club, Continental Mathematics League: CML, Dogs of Stevenson, Future Problem Solving Club, Gender-Sexuality Alliance (GSA), Green Key Student Ambassadors, History Club, Junior State of America, LatinX Student Union (LSU), Mock Trial, Model United Nations (Model UN), Nanoseed Club, Philanthropy Club, Prefects, Resident Activities Committee, Senior Forum, Spyglass (Yearbook), Student Council, Tusitala (Newspaper), Vailima (art and literary magazine), Wilderness Expedition Leader
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Chorus, Dance, KSPB Radio, Orchestra, Symphonic Band, Theater, Theater Tech
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At Stevenson, education is grounded in meaning, purpose, and joy. Our community is guided by core values of safety, trust, respect, belonging, and inclusion.
- Our students learn to set and pursue ambitious goals while maintaining balance and developing an authentic understanding of success.
- Our academic program provides challenge, inspiration, and ample support for all students.
- Our athletics program is values-driven, competitive, and welcoming.
- As one of the nation's best PK-12 boarding and day schools, Stevenson provides all students with remarkable advantages tied to the breadth and depth of its program.
- To support its goal of reflecting diversity in its student body, Stevenson provides financial aid to as many qualified students as possible who could not otherwise afford a Stevenson education. All financial aid awards are based exclusively on financial need.
- Stevenson School accreditations: California Association of Independent Schools; Western Association of Schools & Colleges
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Stevenson School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12| 249 students 169.2 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.