The Webb Schools
The Webb Schools Photo #2 - Webb is a school community that lives and learns together. You will make friends from across the country and around the world. This year we have students from 12 states and 18 countries.
The Webb Schools Photo #3 - The Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology is the only fully accredited museum located on a high school campus in North America. Our museum program involves students in all aspects of the scientific process--from discovery to published research.
The Webb Schools Photo #4 - Webb's mission is to graduate honorable leaders--young men and women of character with moral courage and critical thinking skills.
The Webb Schools Photo #5 - Webb offers a broad-based liberal arts education where learning happens through authentic discovery and challenging coursework. We strive to develop students' abilities to think and learn independently, collaborate productively with peers, and communicate effectively.
The Webb Schools Photo #6 - Webb offers a competitive interscholastic athletic program for students of all skill levels with 42 teams participating in 15 sports. Our new, state-of-the-art aquatics center is perfect for swimming, diving and water polo competitions. In addition to athletics, our afternoon program offers students a variety of other activities in which to participate.
The Webb Schools Photo #7 - Webb offers introductory and advanced level courses in art, music and theater. Our campus is home to two performing arts spaces including the Copeland-Donahue Theater and Susan A. Nelson Performing Arts Center.
The Webb Schools Photo #8 - Located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, our campus setting provides easy access to hiking, snorkeling, rock climbing and other outdoor adventures.
The Webb Schools Photo #10 - Although community service hours are not required at Webb, many of our students voluntarily choose to participate in one or more of our numerous service activities. In the past few years, our students have traveled to Costa Rica, Thailand, Romania, Australia, Nepal, Fiji and three countries in Africa on service trips.
- Webb is a vibrant school community of unbounded thinkers pushing to solve problems and educate students to lead with honor and moral courage.
- At Webb, high school students from across the country and around the world have access to an unmatched core curriculum that opens up into honors and advanced studies courses in the arts and humanities, math and sciences, and social sciences.
- In fact, Webb is the only school of its kind in the country-a unique combination of the Vivian Webb Schools for girls and Webb School of California for boys and the AAM-accredited Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology all on one 150-acre campus in the foothills of Claremont, California.
- And our college placement into the Ivy League, into the best women`s colleges and small national liberal arts colleges, and, in fact, into the top 10 percent of all colleges and universities nationwide, remains remarkable.
- As a global educational leader for nearly a century, students here enjoy unequalled access to the resources of Southern California, including more than 30 field study opportunities each year and academic partnerships with faculty at the world-renown Claremont Colleges and beyond.
- We think there is a new, better way to do boarding school. Discover it at Webb! Where California Boards!
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Occidental College The Webb Schools is unique in many ways different than other boarding schools. One being that it is a boy's school and a girl's school on one shared campus. This allows the freshman and sophomore. . .
- UC San Diego I think there was generally a good work-life balance, or more like study-life balance at Webb. The community was small enough that we would know most everybody, teachers cared tremendously for the students, sports were. . .
- United States Military Academy The classroom setting of a round table discussion instead of lecture based teaching. I believe it really puts the pressure on the student to understand what is going on in the class and bring an. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
The Webb Schools is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 302 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|The Webb Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||150 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||410 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1400||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||30||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||35||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,650|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$37 million||$23 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jamila Everett|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||35||18|
|Courses||Advanced Studies Global Gender Studies, Advanced Studies Human Migration, Advanced Studies in Anatomy and Physiology , Advanced Studies in Biotechnology, Advanced Studies in Organic Chemistry, Advanced Studies in Paleontology, Advanced Studies Linear Algebra, Advanced Studies The Age of Enlightenment, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language, AP Computer Science, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, Honors Advanced Museum Research, Honors Biology, Honors Chamber Singers, Honors Foundation of Virtue, Honors French 2, Honors French 3, Honors Integrated Math II, Honors Museum Research, Honors Paleontology, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish 2, Honors Spanish 3, Honors Strings Sinfonia Orchestra, Honors Studio Art, Honors Winds Sinfonia Orchestra|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||40||24|
|Extracurriculars||Yearbook - "El Espejo"|
Club or Organization:
Acappella, Alianza (Latino Student Alliance), Archive Club, Art Club, Coding Club, Competitive Mathematics Team, Crossfit, Earth Club, Feminist Action Movement, Fiber Arts, International Mentoring Club, Invisible Children, Photography Club, Radio Station, Robotics, Running, T-Ball Coach, Community Service, School Play, Student Admissions Assistants, Student Government, The Crew (Video Club), The Tower (Yearbook), Tour Guides, Travis Manion Foundation
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Portfolio Club, Stain Glass, Student Missions Fellowship
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Chinese Conversation, Lorelei Consort, Mathematics Team, Outdoor Activities, Photography, Stain Glass, Pottery, Fiber Arts, School Play, Sports Reporting, Triathlon
|Year: 2009 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Southern California, CA||44|
|New York University, NY||17|
|Wellesley College, MA||14|
|Cornell University, NY||11|
|University of California, Berkeley, CA||11|
|Barnard College, NY||10|
|University of Chicago, IL||9|
|Columbia University, NY||8|
|Harvard University, MA||8|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Webb Schools accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Julia Marciari-Alexander '85 - Executive Director, Walters Art Museum
- Caroline Adler '00 - Former Special Assistant to President Obama
- Samantha Ainsley '07 - Senior Software Engineer & Technical Lead, Google
- Ariel Fan '10 - CEO GreenWealth Energy
- Josh Marshall '87 - Editor and publisher of TalkingPointsMemo.com
- John Scalzi ’87 - Award-Winning Science Fiction Writer
- Jim Drasdo '63 - Capital Research and Management Group
- Mark Lee '85 - Architect, Dean of Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Jeff Luhnow '84 - General Manager, Houston Astros
- Otis Y. Chandler ’96 - Founder of Goodreads.com
- Submit Review for The Webb Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12| 249 students 139.4 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.