EF Academy Pasadena
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #6 - Our Pasadena campus will house our international students in charming residences.
- Opening September 2020 and located in the heart of Southern California, our new Pasadena campus is set in a peaceful community with a diverse landscape and stimulating learning environment.
- Featuring modern amenities and all the tools, equipment and space you will need to let your education and imagination soar, the 15-acre campus offers plenty of green space for academic exchange and learning and is within reach to make the most of opportunities throughout Los Angeles County.
- Earn an internationally recognized degree, get personalized course planning and university preparation and engage in more than 120 learning enrichment and club activities per year.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|EF Academy Pasadena||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||15 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||300 students||320 students|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:30||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||29||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Upgrades to twin and single rooms also available)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Lauren Blankstein|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Katlin Freschi|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||18|
|Courses||IB Biology HL/SL, IB Business Management HL/SL, IB Chemistry HL/SL, IB Core: CAS & EE & TOK, IB Economics HL/SL, IB English Language & Literature A HL/SL, IB English Language B HL/SL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB Film Studies HL/SL, IB French ab initio SL, IB Global Politics HL/SL, IB Mandarin ab initio SL, IB Mathematics Applications & Interpretation SL, IB Mathematics HL/SL, IB Native Language & Literature A (SSST), IB Physics HL/SL, IB Spanish ab initio SL, IB Theatre HL/SL, IB Visual Arts HL/SL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country Running, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Art Portfolio Club, Chess Club, Choir, Coding Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Culture Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Film Club, Language Clubs, Math Club, Mindfulness Club, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Physics Club, STEM Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Vibrant, new campus
- Our purpose-built campus will offer safety and security with newly constructed, spacious classrooms and labs, amazing natural surroundings and on-campus sports facilities. Theater students will step into the spotlight in our beautiful auditorium. The STEM center will be stocked with state-of-the-art equipment and welcoming art studios not only enrich classes but feature gallery space for exhibitions. The Student Union building will host the main dining hall with indoor/outdoor seating and a convenience store. Complete the school day with a bit of physical activity in the gym, pool, dance studio or basketball courts.
- At our private international high school in Pasadena, our academic philosophy is rooted in holistic learning. Here students will engage with a variety of subjects and courses that aim to help them find and pursue their passions while preparing for university. We offer the nationally recognized US High School Diploma program from Grades 8-12. In Grades 11 and 12, we will offer the IB Diploma program, which develops intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and creative problem-solving. IB courses also allow students to start earning university credits before graduation.
- In the on-campus residences you will live in a modern space with stylish interior design that sparks creativity and fosters a feeling of togetherness. The residences will be secure and monitored 24/7 by security and live-in Resident Advisors. To build on the internationalism that defines our school, students will enjoy living with roommates from different countries around the world.
- Our Activities Coordinator will organize a series of clubs, activities, and sports that will develop students' skills and inspire them to explore their interests. Start an after-school club on-campus, join a varsity sports team, volunteer in the local community or explore more of Southern California where you can learn to surf at the Santa Monica beach, hike Runyon Canyon, visit the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and stargaze in Hollywood.
- California host to some of US's most respected universities, whether that's California Institute of Technology, Pepperdine University, the University of California system and more. Our school in Pasadena is an ideal setting in which to prepare for university enrollment in California State, on the West Coast of the US and internationally. During the school year, representatives from 150 universities visit our campus to speak with our students.
- California State Education Department, National Association of Independent Schools, California State Association of Independent Schools
- EF Academy Pasadena accreditations: California State Education Department, National Association of Independent Schools, California State Association of Independent Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for EF Academy Pasadena
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 5.3 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 144 students 4.1 miles2800 Monterey Road
San Marino, CA 91108
Learn about the benefits of attending a Quaker boarding school.
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.