EF Academy Pasadena
- Located in the heart of Southern California, our newly constructed Pasadena campus offers our renowned international programs in a peaceful community with a diverse landscape and stimulating learning environment.
- Our purpose-built campus will offer safety and security with newly constructed, spacious classrooms and labs, amazing natural surroundings and on-campus sports facilities.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|EF Academy Pasadena||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Enrollment||300 students||313 students|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(Upgrades to twin and single rooms also available)
(Day students welcome to join weekend activities)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Jason M. Kirschner|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||6||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||17||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Cooking Club, Culture Club, Drama Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Language Clubs, Math Club, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Physics Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
- Opening autumn 2020
- Our purpose-built campus will offer safety and security with newly constructed, spacious classrooms and labs, amazing natural surroundings and on-campus sports facilities. Theater students will step into the spotlight in our beautiful auditorium. The STEM center will be stocked with state-of-the-art equipment and welcoming art studios not only enrich classes but feature gallery space for exhibitions. The Student Union building will host the main dining hall with indoor/outdoor seating and a convenience store. Complete the school day with a bit of physical activity in the gym, pool, dance studio or basketball courts.
- At our private international high school in Pasadena, our academic philosophy is rooted in holistic learning. Here students will engage with a variety of subjects and courses that aim to help them find and pursue their passions while preparing for university. We offer the nationally recognized US High School Diploma program from Grades 8-12. In Grades 11 and 12, we will offer the IB Diploma program, which develops intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and creative problem-solving. IB courses also allow students to start earning university credits before graduation.
- Our Activities Coordinator will organize a series of clubs, activities, and sports that will develop students` skills and inspire them to explore their interests. Start an after-school club on-campus, join a varsity sports team, volunteer in the local community or explore more of Southern California where you can learn to surf at the Santa Monica beach, hike Runyon Canyon, visit the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and stargaze in Hollywood.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for EF Academy Pasadena
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 0.1 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 144 students 4.1 miles2800 Monterey Road
San Marino, CA 91108
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme offers a rigorous, disciplined approach to college preparation studies. We answer common questions about the IB.