EF Academy Pasadena
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #3 - Our beautiful campus in sunny California includes brand new residences and state-of-the-art classrooms to help students reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #4 - Our athletics and performing arts center will host intramurals, varsity sports competitions, concerts, theatrical performances and more.
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #5 - Our Pasadena campus will house our international students in charming residences. This residential community will have both single and shared rooms for up to three students.
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #6 - Just outside Los Angeles, Pasadena is a prime location to study, with the nearby mountains, city and beach all accessible in under 45 minutes.
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #7 - Our academic buildings house a full assortment of classrooms, from STEM and Biology to History and Art/Music studios.
EF Academy Pasadena Photo #8 - Built on two floors and with a large terrace, the dining hall serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
Opening September 2022 and located in the heart of Southern California, our new Pasadena campus is set in a peaceful community with a diverse landscape and stimulating learning environment.
Featuring modern amenities and all the tools, equipment and space you will need to let your education and imagination soar, the 15-acre campus offers plenty of green space for academic exchange and learning and is within reach to make the most of opportunities throughout Los Angeles County.
Earn an internationally recognized degree, get personalized course planning and university preparation and engage in more than 120 learning enrichment and club activities per year.
- Virtual Event - Thu., November 04, 2021 9:00am (PDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., November 18, 2021 8:00am (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., December 02, 2021 8:00am (PST) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., December 16, 2021 8:00am (PST) - get more information!
- Open House - Wed., January 12, 2022 - get more information!
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|EF Academy Pasadena||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||16 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||175 students||300 students|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Upgrades to twin and single rooms also available)
(Day students welcome to join weekend activities)
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Lauren Blankstein|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||18|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Human Geography, AP Spanish, AP US Government & Politics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||6||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country Running, Golf, Soccer, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Art Portfolio Club, Chess Club, Choir, Coding Club, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Culture Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Film Club, Language Clubs, Math Club, Mindfulness Club, Model United Nations, Music Club, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Physics Club, STEM Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Vibrant, new campus
- Our purpose-built campus will offer safety and security with newly constructed, spacious classrooms and labs, amazing natural surroundings and on-campus sports facilities. Theater students will step into the spotlight in our beautiful auditorium. The STEM center will be stocked with state-of-the-art equipment and welcoming art studios not only enrich classes but feature gallery space for exhibitions. The Student Union building will host the main dining hall with indoor/outdoor seating and a convenience store. Complete the school day with a bit of physical activity in the gym, pool, dance studio or basketball courts.
- At our private international high school in Pasadena, our academic philosophy is rooted in holistic learning. Here students will engage with a variety of subjects and courses that aim to help them find and pursue their passions while preparing for university. Students will take courses as established by California standards to earn the US High School Diploma while also participating in our signature Global Leadership Program, a project-based learning model of study where students follow career-focused curriculum pathways.
- In the on-campus residences you will live in a modern space with stylish interior design that sparks creativity and fosters a feeling of togetherness. The residences will be secure and monitored 24/7 by security and live-in Resident Advisors. To build on the internationalism that defines our school, students will enjoy living with roommates from different countries around the world.
- Our Activities Coordinator will organize a series of clubs, activities, and sports that will develop students' skills and inspire them to explore their interests. Start an after-school club on-campus, join a varsity sports team, volunteer in the local community or explore more of Southern California where you can learn to surf at the Santa Monica beach, hike Runyon Canyon, visit the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and stargaze in Hollywood.
- California host to some of US's most respected universities, whether that's California Institute of Technology, Pepperdine University, the University of California system and more. Our school in Pasadena is an ideal setting in which to prepare for university enrollment in California State, on the West Coast of the US and internationally. During the school year, representatives from 150 universities visit our campus to speak with our students.
- California State Education Department, National Association of Independent Schools, California State Association of Independent Schools
- EF Academy Pasadena accreditations: California State Education Department, National Association of Independent Schools, California State Association of Independent Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for EF Academy Pasadena
People that viewed EF Academy Pasadena also viewed these schools: Excelsior School, EF Academy New York, Ojai Valley School, Idyllwild Arts Academy and Amerigo Los Angeles, Bishop Montgomery High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 5.3 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
- Grades: 9-12 | n/a students 27.4 miles5430 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
Thinking about making a major gift to your school? How about endowing a faculty chair? More here.
American boarding schools have always welcomed international students. Rigorous academic programs, extensive athletic programs, and a wide range of extracurricular activities attract students from all over the world.
Admissions to boarding school is a process with many components. The process can be confusing to parents dealing with boarding school admissions for the first time. We guide you through the process.