EF Academy New York
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 450 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $66,500
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $42,000
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Upgrades to twin and single rooms also available)
(Day students are welcome to join weekend and after-school activities.)
(5 Day Boarding)
AP / Advanced Courses
AI Club, Anime Club, Chess & GO Club, Chinese Language and Culture, Choir, Christian Club, Coding Club, Cooking Club, Culture and Language Exchange Club, Culture Fair Club, D.E.A.R. Club, Dance Club, DECA Leaders and Entrepreneurs Club, DJ Club, Drama Club, E-Mart Club, E-sports Club, EF Talks Club, EFTV Club, Environmental Leadership Club, Finance Club, Girls Who Code Club, Habitudes - Habits and Attitudes of Leadership, Hands to Paw Club, Intramural Sports, Language A Club, Literary Magazine, Lunar New Year Club, Magic Circle Club, Math Club, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Outdoor Leadership, Paint the School Club, PC Builds Club, Peer Tutoring Club, Philanthropy Club, Philosophy Club, Pride Not Prejudice Club, Recycling Club, Robotics Club, RPG D&D Club, SAT Prep Club, Social Media Marketing Agency Club, Spirit Club, Student Council, TedX Club, TV Club, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art Portfolio Club, Art Club, Learn to Play Guitar Club, Rock Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Club, Mindful Yogis Club
Lights, labs, studios and trails
- A four-year high school experience at EF Academy New York includes US High School Diploma and IB Diploma classes where you will engage in lessons and interact with your classmates in inspiring, spacious classrooms. Theater students step into the spotlight in our beautiful auditorium where full-length plays are staged annually. Science labs equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and welcoming art studios not only enrich your classes, they also host science and art clubs after school and are available for you to use for independent study. Complete your school day with a bit of physical activity in our fully equipped gym, dance studio or basketball courts, or get some fresh air by going on a walk or run around over two kilometers of off-road trails on campus.
- EF Academy New York is tucked in the quiet suburban town of Thornwood and it is characterized by the many pathways, trails and woodland that surround its academic and residence buildings. Just down the hill from the school is Rose Hill Shopping Center, a small plaza with restaurants and shops. New York City and the famous island of Manhattan are 45 minutes away. Here you will have plenty of opportunities to make the US's most cultural city your classroom - class trips to museums, plays and New York's neighborhoods promote experiential learning, which will allow you to truly immerse yourself in the subject material you are studying and deepen your knowledge.
- At EF Academy New York, you will have over 50 clubs and 8 varsity sports to choose from, plus opportunities to create your own. There will always be something taking place on campus, but some activities will take you beyond our school for an exciting adventure. Activities take place after school and on the weekends and range from organized trips to Manhattan and academic competitions, to basketball league championships and Model UN conferences.
- Our campus has three residence buildings with a variety of quiet study areas and student lounges on each floor. A key part of the boarding experience is learning how to develop independence, time management and collaboration skills by living with peers on campus. Students live with roommates from different countries which encourages cultural exchange. Resident Advisors live in the residences alongside students and provide 24/7 support and supervision. In addition to evening study hall and tutoring, the Residential and Community Life team incorporates regular activities to foster a strong feeling of community. Our communications network spans the globe so there will always be someone parents can get in touch with, on campus or in their home country.
- The New York area is host to dozens of the most respected universities in the US, whether that's NYU in famed Greenwich Village or Ivy League Columbia University. Many students take pre-college courses at these universities during the school year. Our school in Thornwood is an ideal setting in which to prepare for university enrollment in New York State, on the East Coast of the US and internationally. During the school year, representatives from 150 universities visit our campus to speak with our students.
- EF Academy New York accreditations: International Baccalaureate, New York State Education Department, National Association of Independent Schools, Middle States Association (MSA)
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does EF Academy New York cost?
EF Academy New York's tuition is approximately $66,500 for boarding students and $42,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of EF Academy New York?
The acceptance rate of EF Academy New York is 85%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does EF Academy New York offer?
EF Academy New York offers 9 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is EF Academy New York's ranking?
When is the application deadline for EF Academy New York?
The application deadline for EF Academy New York is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2018
EF Academy New York
Class of 2018
EF Academy New York