The Masters School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 699 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $72,000
- Acceptance rate: 40%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
- A Winning Founder's Day Celebration - 10/04/2022Whether you were sporting blue, red or both, one thing was clear. Everyone reveled in the sunshine and school spirit of Founder`s Day on Friday, September 23.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream Comes True for Theater Students - 06/04/2022Graduation Terrace was transformed into a magical, mythical forest in late May with the beautifully staged upper school production of Shakespeare`s "A Midsummer Night`s Dream."
Academics and Faculty
(5 Day Boarding)
AP / Advanced Courses
Club or Organization:
Anime Club, Art Guild, Chess Club, Cinema Society, Classics Club, Cultural Exchange Club, Dohters, Economics Club, French Club, Knitting Club, Latin Club, Latinos Unidos, Lunar New Year, M.I.S.H. (community service), Masterpieces (Yearbook), Muse (dance), Music Club, One Love, Operation Smile, Panache (literary magazine), Philosophy Club, Phoenix (drama), Ropes Course, SADD, Scholars, Student Discipline Committee, The Naturals (male a cappella), Touring Talent, Urban Connection (dance), Wilderness Leadership Experience, WISE, Zetetics
- The Masters School is a global community where smart is cool, learning is joyful and where we strive to be a power for good. The School is a rigorous, college preparatory, 5- and 7-day boarding and day school located on 96 acres, 12 miles north of New York City. Students and teachers make full use of great campus facilities as well as one of the most exciting classrooms in the world: New York City. This is a school of high standards, great achievement, and hard work, where the Harkness teaching method is a transformative tool in all subjects; around it every student has a voice. This is also a place of creativity, diversity, and fun. The curriculum is diverse and challenging. The athletic teams are competitive and accomplished. The fine arts program is exceptional and has been developing artists of music, dance, visual arts, and theater for many years.
- The Masters School accreditations: TABS, ISAAGNY, Middle States, NAIS, NYSAIS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Kara DioGuardi - Kara Elizabeth DioGuardi is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, music publisher, A&R executive, composer and TV personality. She writes music primarily in the light pop-rock, dance, and R&B genres.
- Sam Coffey '17 - Sam Coffey is a midfielder on the Portland Thorns FC and a member of the United States Women's National Soccer Team.
- Nia DaCosta '07 - Nia DaCosta is a director and screenwriter. DaCosta is the first Black female director to debut a film at #1 ("Candyman") and the youngest filmmaker to direct a Marvel film.
- Alex Pall '03 - Alex Pall is a musician best known as part of the duo The Chainsmokers.
- Marin Alsop '73 - Marin Alsop is one of the foremost conductors of our time. She is the first woman to serve as the head of a major orchestra in the United States, South America, Austria and Britain.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Masters School cost?
The Masters School's tuition is approximately $72,000 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of The Masters School?
The acceptance rate of The Masters School is 40%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from The Masters School?
The Masters School famous alumni include: Kara DioGuardi, Sam Coffey '17, Nia DaCosta '07, Alex Pall '03 and Marin Alsop '73.
What sports does The Masters School offer?
The Masters School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for The Masters School?
The application deadline for The Masters School is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2009
Class of 2008
Class of 2008