- Ross School is a co-educational boarding (grades 6-12 and postgraduate) and day school (pre-nursery grade 12 and postgraduate) located on two beautiful campuses in East Hampton and Bridgehampton, New York, about two hours east of New York City.
- The School offers a global, integrated curriculum with engaging courses in science, arts, humanities, and wellness, while offering opportunities for independent study, competitive athletics, extracurricular activities, and travel.
- Ross School serves approximately 440 students and attracts a world-class faculty.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Ross School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||6-12, PG||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||63 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||368 students||315 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1575||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo shirts, khaki pants)
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(Please contact email@example.com for cost breakdown by grade.)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$26,000|
(Numbers include Financial Aid & Scholarship)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||80%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Jason Warnick|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||13||18|
|Courses||Advanced American History, Advanced Art History, Advanced Biology, Advanced English, Advanced European History, Advanced Spanish Language, Advanced Spanish Literature, Advanced Studio Art, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Environmental Science, Advanced French Language, Advanced Physics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||6||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Gardening Club, Mu Alpha Theta-Math Club, Theatre Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Ross educational experience aims to impart to young people a 21st century skill set and the inspiration that will motivate them to keep their minds actively engaged in lifelong learning. Ross School offers a dynamic environment where students take an active role in their learning. In addition to core curricular classes, which include English, cultural history, mathematics, science, technology, arts, and languages, students are encouraged to take more responsibility for their own learning by exploring their interests and passions through elective courses, independent study, and Field Academy classes. A Senior Project of the student`s design represents the culmination of this personal exploration.
- Electives vary each term and range from African Drumming to World Religions to Neuroscience, with yearlong and single-term options. Students in good standing whose interests are not found in the offered electives, or who wish to pursue more in-depth studies in a particular area, may propose independent study under the tutelage of a faculty mentor.
- Field Academy offers an opportunity for teachers and students in grades 7-12 and postgraduates to work intensively on group and individual projects during the three weeks between Winter and Spring Terms. Classes and programs in a wide variety of subjects are offered to expose students to in-depth study, new interests, possible college/career paths, volunteer opportunities, and recreational pursuits. Many of these occur in conjunction with travel, both abroad and within the United States.
- LD types supported: Language-based differences, mild learning differences
- Ross School accreditations: NAIS, NYAIS, TABS, MSA
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Ross School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 174 students 49.5 miles541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school