- Grades: (Boarding) 6-12, PG
- Enrollment: 368 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $80,830
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $44,910
- Acceptance rate: 60%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Polo shirts, khaki pants
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for cost breakdown by grade.)
(5 Day Boarding)
(Numbers include Financial Aid & Scholarship)
AP / Advanced Courses
- The Ross educational experience aims to impart to young people a 21st century skill set and the inspiration that will motivate them to keep their minds actively engaged in lifelong learning. Ross School offers a dynamic environment where students take an active role in their learning. In addition to core curricular classes, which include English, cultural history, mathematics, science, technology, arts, and languages, students are encouraged to take more responsibility for their own learning by exploring their interests and passions through elective courses, independent study, and Field Academy classes. A Senior Project of the student`s design represents the culmination of this personal exploration.
- Electives vary each term and range from African Drumming to World Religions to Neuroscience, with yearlong and single-term options. Students in good standing whose interests are not found in the offered electives, or who wish to pursue more in-depth studies in a particular area, may propose independent study under the tutelage of a faculty mentor.
- Field Academy offers an opportunity for teachers and students in grades 7-12 and postgraduates to work intensively on group and individual projects during the three weeks between Winter and Spring Terms. Classes and programs in a wide variety of subjects are offered to expose students to in-depth study, new interests, possible college/career paths, volunteer opportunities, and recreational pursuits. Many of these occur in conjunction with travel, both abroad and within the United States.
- LD types supported: Language-based differences, mild learning differences
- Ross School accreditations: NAIS, NYAIS, TABS, MSA
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ross School cost?
Ross School's tuition is approximately $80,830 for boarding students and $44,910 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Ross School?
The acceptance rate of Ross School is 60%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does Ross School offer?
Ross School offers 17 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Equestrian, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball.
Does Ross School offer a summer program?
Yes, Ross School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Ross School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Ross School?
The application deadline for Ross School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).