St. Thomas More School
- St. Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory school in the Catholic tradition for young men who have demonstrated intellectual ability but who have not yet realized their potential.
- Within a structured environment, we strive to motivate, nurture, and strengthen the intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of every student.
- Dedicated faculty, individualized attention, small classes, challenging yet fun athletics and extracurricular activities, in a 100% boarding environment, are the cornerstones of an STM education.
- Our robust Summer@STM program combines academics, study skills, athletics, and recreational activities, to ensure that students have a fun & memorable summer and are in a better position to achieve their goals when they return to school in the fall.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|St. Thomas More||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1005||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||4||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million||$19 million|
|Tuition international students||$56,900||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,234||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Roland Lemay|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jeff Moore|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, French Club, Robotics Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cycling Club, Martial Arts Club, Tennis Club, Weightlifting
|Year: 2013 - 2017||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|George Washington University|
|New York University|
|Rochester Institute of Technology|
|Savannah College of Art and Design|
|University of Connecticut|
|University of Michigan|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- More Learning- More Community- More Involvement
- The school campus comprises 100 wooded acres with numerous athletic fields located on the shores of Gardner Lake. Our 4000 feet of lakefront property includes a beach, beach volleyball court, and a boathouse. Located 35 minutes from Hartford, CT, 2 hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and 2 1/2 hours from New York City, New York.
- Summer@STM Full four-week Session: Sunday July 8, 2018 - Friday August 3, 2018 Half Session: Session 1: Sunday July 8 - Tuesday July 21, Session 2: Wednesday July 21 - Friday August 3
- LD types supported: Mild LD
- St. Thomas More School accreditations: New England Association of Schools And Colleges
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for St. Thomas More School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Learn about the Post-Graduate(PG) Year, and how it can benefit certain students.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.