St. Thomas More School
- St. Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory school in the Catholic tradition for young men who have demonstrated intellectual ability but who have not yet realized their potential.
- Within a structured environment, we strive to motivate, nurture, and strengthen the intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of every student.
- Dedicated faculty, individualized attention, small classes, challenging yet fun athletics and extracurricular activities, in a 100% boarding environment, are the cornerstones of an STM education.
- Our robust Summer@STM program combines academics, study skills, athletics, and recreational activities, to ensure that students have a fun & memorable summer and are in a better position to achieve their goals when they return to school in the fall.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|St. Thomas More||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1005||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||4||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million||$17 million|
|Tuition international students||$56,900||$47,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||19234||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Roland Lemay|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jeff Moore|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, French Club, Robotics Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cycling Club, Martial Arts Club, Tennis Club, Weightlifting
|Year: 2013 - 2017||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|George Washington University|
|New York University|
|Rochester Institute of Technology|
|Savannah College of Art and Design|
|University of Connecticut|
|University of Michigan|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- More Learning- More Community- More Involvement
- The school campus comprises 100 wooded acres with numerous athletic fields located on the shores of Gardner Lake. Our 4000 feet of lakefront property includes a beach, beach volleyball court, and a boathouse. Located 35 minutes from Hartford, CT, 2 hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and 2 1/2 hours from New York City, New York.
- Summer@STM Full four-week Session: Sunday July 8, 2018 - Friday August 3, 2018 Half Session: Session 1: Sunday July 8 - Tuesday July 21, Session 2: Wednesday July 21 - Friday August 3
- LD types supported: Mild LD
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools And Colleges
- Submit Review for St. Thomas More School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.