- The Salisbury faculty know and understand young men, and celebrate what it means to be a boy!
- Salisbury provides young men with a quality academic program, nurturing environment, leadership opportunities, and a healthy social environment.
- Salisbury instills in boys a vibrant enthusiasm for learning and the self-confidence needed for intellectual, physical, moral and spiritual development.
- Our dedicated faculty knows how boys learn and will help each boy to achieve success in his individual pursuits.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Colby College One of the few all-male boarding schools remaining in New England, Salisbury School doesn't disappoint. This is the greatest aspect of the school. Having attended a coed boarding school prior, Salisbury was a completely different. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Salisbury School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||725 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||310 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1240||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Jacket and Tie for Classes Only)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$65 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||35500||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||54%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Peter B. Gilbert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Tom Spinella|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||AB Calculus, BC Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, French, Latin, Physics, Statistics, US History, World History, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, Environmental Science, Microeconomics, Spanish|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Cycling, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||31||24|
|Extracurriculars||Fishing, International Students Organization, Ultimate Frisbee|
Club or Organization:
A Capella, Big Brothers, Chess Club, Chinese Culture Club, Community Service, Computers, Debate, Dorm Prefects, Dramatics, Entrenprenurial Club, Film Making Club, Fly Fishing Club, Investment Club, Jazz Ensemble, Key Society, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Peer Leadership, Radio Station, Science Club, Spring Softball League, Stage Crew, Student Activities Committee, Student Council, Student Government, Student Newspaper, Vestry, Yearbook
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Salisbury faculty know and understand young men, and celebrate what it means to be a boy.As a school designed for boys, our emphasis on relational learning enables Salisbury faculty to build authentic relationships with each student.When a student feels known and valued, he is empowered to persevere through challenges and stay actively engaged.Our distinctive course offerings are carefully crafted to prepare students for the rigors of college and to think independently.The all-boys classroom nurtures the confidence to take risks and inspires growth.Numerous resources are available to guide students while accomplishing his goals and reaching his full potential.
- In the classroom and on the field, Salisbury transforms a young man's character to graduate confident, spirited, curious, and loyal gentlemen and brothers.
- LD types supported: skill based tutoring available
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Salisbury School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
What makes some schools really better than others? What makes them the best schools?