Indian Mountain School
211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
Lakeville, CT 06039
Indian Mountain School Photo #2 - The IMS Student Center, which is home to our Maker Space, our "Rock Band" program, and our arts program.
Indian Mountain School Photo #3 - As one of the most popular spring sports at IMS, the varsity boys and girls programs have sent athletes to compete at the highest levels of high school and college.
Indian Mountain School Photo #4 - Living the school's motto, "Life Through Service," IMS students work at an agricultural center in the Dominican Republic during a service trip.
Indian Mountain School Photo #5 - Breaking from the routine, the Indian Mountain School's Intersession allows students to immerse themselves in classes ranging from woodworking to music theory to cooking. These students pictured here built a climbing wall in the IMS gymnasium.
- Indian Mountain School, located in scenic Lakeville, CT, provides a traditional education for boys and girls from pre-kindergarten through grade nine in a boarding and day environment.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Indian Mountain School|
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||600 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:4|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Heather Eckert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sam Decock|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||21 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
"Magic, Kiski Service Organization, Robotics, Skiing, Snowboarding, Ultimate Frisbee, Basketball, Running, Ukulele, Website
Arts and Music Programs:
Chit Chat Club, Gamers Club, Pottery, Rock, Stone, Student Action Leadership Team, The Springs Club, Wood
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Outdoor, Skiing, Tennis
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Indian Mountain School inspires in each member of its community the courage to climb, the joy to create, the passion to learn, and the spirit to contribute in kind and meaningful ways.
- LD types supported: Mild Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences
- Indian Mountain School accreditations: Junior Boarding Schools Association
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- John Avildsen - Director of the Karate Kid and Rocky.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Indian Mountain School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 5-9| 336 students 20 miles201 Romford Road
Washington Depot, CT 06794
- Grades: 3-9| 225 students 61 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 7-9| 475 students 102.3 miles48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
- Grades: 6-12 | 275 students 55.8 miles66 School Street
Granby, MA 01033
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.