The MacDuffie School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 6-12, PG
- Enrollment: 275 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $57,150
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $30,600
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The MacDuffie School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(ELL Program Fee $2200)
($25,700 grades 6-8)
(5 Day Boarding)
AP / Advanced Courses
Club or Organization:
Animation Club, ASL Club, Bunkerstube Club, Calligraphy Club, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Debate Club, European Club, FBLA, Frisbee Club, Gourmet Club, Key Club, Latino Culture Organization, Liturgical Folk Choir, Math Relays, Media Club, MOSAIC, Photography Club, Physics Club, Pine Needle, Psychology Club, QSA, Rubik Cube Club, STEM Club, Tae Kwon Do, Tap Club, Tennis Club, The Instrumentalists, The Jam Club, The Magnet (student newspaper), The Magnolia Yearbook, The MUSE: Literary Magazine Club, Unicorn
Arts and Music Programs:
- Founded in 1890, The MacDuffie School is a boarding and day school for Boys & Girls in grades 6- 12 located in Granby, Massachusetts. Our mission is to foster in all students the intellectual habits of mind, high ethical standards and respect for diversity required for becoming morally responsible and effective individuals in their personal lives, careers and communities and beyond.
- Ask MacDuffie students what they like most about their school and the answer is the warm atmosphere and friendly relationship between faculty and students. This is a community where we respect and learn from each other. MacDuffie is located on 254 beautiful acres. MacDuffie is 25 miles from Hartford, 90 miles from Boston, 150 miles from New York City. MacDuffie is a place where we embrace and celebrate differences, where students from all over the world share their cultures, and where all are able to explore their known and yet to be discovered talents in a safe and supportive environment. Our location in the heart of the Pioneer Valley in Western Massachusetts provides ample opportunity to expand the wall of the classroom to the halls of local universities, libraries, museums, mountains, streams and beyond.
- The MacDuffie School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Betsy Bernard - Former President of AT&T
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The MacDuffie School cost?
The MacDuffie School's tuition is approximately $57,150 for boarding students and $30,600 for day students.
What schools are The MacDuffie School often compared to?
The MacDuffie Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Marvelwood School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of The MacDuffie School?
The acceptance rate of The MacDuffie School is 50%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from The MacDuffie School?
The MacDuffie School famous alumni include: Betsy Bernard.
What sports does The MacDuffie School offer?
The MacDuffie School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country Running, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball.
What is The MacDuffie School's ranking?
The MacDuffie School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High # of AP/advanced courses offered.
When is the application deadline for The MacDuffie School?
The application deadline for The MacDuffie School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2019