- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 120 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $62,200
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $39,000
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
AP / Advanced Courses
Audio Engineering, Creative Science, Debating and Public Speaking, Student government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Dance, Drafting and Design, Film, Jazz Band Ensemble, Jazz Combo, Photography, Private music lessons, The Marvelwood Players
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Rock climbing, Skiing
- Marvelwood is a school that builds confidence and changes lives. We are deeply dedicated to knowing and valuing our students, celebrating their individuality and challenging them to invest in their education and discover new passions. We deliver a customized approach to learning that is responsive to student interests and supports and empowers them to move forward with courage in college, career, and life.
- We are a welcoming and safe community that embraces a truly diverse population of learners. Our school is intentionally sized to facilitate close connections and a tangible atmosphere of personal warmth. With purposeful guidance and respect, our students thrive and are encouraged to become their best selves.
- Marvelwood School accreditations: NAIS, TABS, CAIS, NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jake Burton Carpenter '71 - Jake Burton Carpenter, also known as Jake Burton, is an American snowboarder and founder of Burton Snowboards and one of the inventors of the modern day snowboard.
- Blair Patterson '98 - Blair's work for Estée Lauder has been featured on The View, The Today Show and TLC's iVillage, as well as in Nylon and O Magazines and on the covers of Time Out New York and Harper's Bazaar.
- Nicholas Benson '83 - Nick was awarded the National Endowment for the Arts National Heritage Fellowship, and in 2010, he was named a MacArthur Fellow by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Marvelwood School cost?
Marvelwood School's tuition is approximately $62,200 for boarding students and $39,000 for day students.
What schools are Marvelwood School often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Marvelwood School?
The acceptance rate of Marvelwood School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Marvelwood School?
Marvelwood School famous alumni include: Jake Burton Carpenter '71, Blair Patterson '98 and Nicholas Benson '83.
What sports does Marvelwood School offer?
Marvelwood School offers 19 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Nordic Skiing, Riding, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Does Marvelwood School offer a summer program?
Yes, Marvelwood School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Marvelwood School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Marvelwood School?
The application deadline for Marvelwood School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).