Kent School Photo #2 - Kent's Pre-Engineering certificate program is a unique opportunity for hands-on exploration in Robotics, Manufacturing Engineering and Computer Programming.
Kent School Photo #3 - Kent's newly renovated art studios offer ample space to explore your creativity.
- For over 100 years, Kent has followed our school motto: Simplicity of Life, Directness of Purpose and Self-Reliance.
- Located in the Northwest corner of Connecticut in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains along the banks of the Housatonic River, Kent is rich in tradition and innovation.
- Founded by an Episcopal monk, we maintain our affiliation with the church while developing to address the changing world our graduates enter.
- 570 girls and boys excel in our rigorous academic environment with the help of knowledgeable, supportive teachers.
- Many of our faculty have advanced degrees and our average tenure is more than a dozen years.
- Students prepare for the world`s top colleges and universities with an extensive liberal arts curriculum and competitive art, music and athletic programs.
- We study in 27 AP subjects, rare courses like Mandarin Chinese, Irish Drama, Genetics & Biotechnology, our new Pre-Engineering program and our extensive club and extracurricular offerings.
- A Kent student`s days are filled with opportunities to learn and grow, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- We come from 35 states and 40 countries. 90 percent of students live on campus.
- Our faculty largely live here, too and together build our active, engaging campus community seven days a week.
- In fact, service to the community is a significant part of life at Kent. Temperantia, Fiducia, Constantia.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Brown University Kent's emphasis on individualized education is one of the elements that sets it apart from other boarding schools. The Studies Office allows students to choose classes that interest them the most, when they have completed. . .
- Dartmouth College Campus is beautiful and landscape around it. It was very relaxing walking around campus and looking at the beautiful mountain algo and Housatonic river.Teachers and advisors were available 24/7 and always happy to give advice. . .
- RPI Our campus was right next to a mountain and a river, so hiking or playing in the river was a very common activity when the weather was good. We also had mandatory chapel service three times. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Kent School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Campus Size||1200 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||570 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$87 million||$18 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$37,500||$23,450|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Brian Sullivan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||57||24|
Club or Organization:
Amnesty International Club, Animal Rights Club, Asian/Chinese Club, Biking Club, Bit N Spur Riding Club, Buddhist Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Dance Committee, Debate Club, Diversity Club, Earth Advocates, Environment Club, Exclusive Service Club, Fellowship of Christians at Universities and Schools (FOCUS), French Club, Girls Advocacy, Hillel Society, International Club, Investment Club, Kent Daily Update (Student online news, info, contests), Mondialogo Club, Outdoors Club, Panache (Modern Dance Troupe), Peer Counselors, Philosphy Club, Photo Club, Service League, Sextex- a capella group, Single-Track Club, Sketch Comedy Club, Steel Drum Band, Students of Color Alliance, Theater Club (travels to see plays and musicals), Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Bell Ringing Guild, Chapel, Concert Club, Dance Club, Jazz Club, Kent Music Honor Society, Kent News - Student Newspaper, Kentettes - a cappella group, Orchestra, THE CAULDRON - literary magazine, World View Committee
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Athenaea (student newspaper), Club Soccer, Club Squash, Club Tennis, Debating, Fitness Club, Ping Pong Club, Stock Market Simulation Club, Yoga
|Year: 2013 - 2015||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||15|
|George Washington University||14|
|University of California at Berkeley||10|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||8|
|United States Naval Academy||8|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Kent School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, National Association of Independant Schools, National Association of Episcopal Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Kent School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.