Kent School Photo #2 - Kent's Pre-Engineering certificate program is a unique opportunity for hands-on exploration in Robotics, Manufacturing Engineering and Computer Programming.
Kent School Photo #3 - Kent's newly renovated art studios offer ample space to explore your creativity.
- For over 100 years, Kent has followed our school motto: Simplicity of Life, Directness of Purpose and Self-Reliance.
- Located in the Northwest corner of Connecticut in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains along the banks of the Housatonic River, Kent is rich in tradition and innovation.
- Founded by an Episcopal monk, we maintain our affiliation with the church while developing to address the changing world our graduates enter.
- 570 girls and boys excel in our rigorous academic environment with the help of knowledgeable, supportive teachers.
- Many of our faculty have advanced degrees and our average tenure is more than a dozen years.
- Students prepare for the world`s top colleges and universities with an extensive liberal arts curriculum and competitive art, music and athletic programs.
- We study in 27 AP subjects, rare courses like Mandarin Chinese, Irish Drama, Genetics & Biotechnology, our new Pre-Engineering program and our extensive club and extracurricular offerings.
- A Kent student`s days are filled with opportunities to learn and grow, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- We come from 35 states and 40 countries. 90 percent of students live on campus.
- Our faculty largely live here, too and together build our active, engaging campus community seven days a week.
- In fact, service to the community is a significant part of life at Kent. Temperantia, Fiducia, Constantia.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Brown University Kent's emphasis on individualized education is one of the elements that sets it apart from other boarding schools. The Studies Office allows students to choose classes that interest them the most, when they have completed. . .
- Dartmouth College Campus is beautiful and landscape around it. It was very relaxing walking around campus and looking at the beautiful mountain algo and Housatonic river.Teachers and advisors were available 24/7 and always happy to give advice. . .
- RPI Our campus was right next to a mountain and a river, so hiking or playing in the river was a very common activity when the weather was good. We also had mandatory chapel service three times. . .
- Eckerd College The physical campus and surrounding areas of Kent School truly brought the campus to another level that few other schools had. The campus itself is set up so that the academic and residential buildings are. . .
- Harvard University This is a home, and this is a place to excel. This place is truly special. I'm not the best at explaining this, but Kent fosters unbreakable bonds. Students maintain strong friendships after graduation. The faculty. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Kent School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||7-12|
|Campus Size||1200 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||570 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$87 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||37500||$23,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Brian Sullivan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||57||24|
Club or Organization:
Amnesty International Club, Animal Rights Club, Buddhist Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Debate Club, Diversity Club, Environment Club, Fellowship of Christians at Universities and Schools (FOCUS), French Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Habitat for Humanity, Hillel Society, International Club, Investment Club, Kent Daily Update (Student online news, info, contests), Knitting Club, Math Team, Mission Committee, Model UN, My Soldier Club, Outdoors Club, Peer Counselors, Philosphy Club, Photo Club, Playwriting Club, Poets' Society, Pre-Engineering, REACH Community Service, Robotics Team, SAGE- Students Affirming Gender Equality, Sandy Hook Promise, Spanish Club, Theater Club (travels to see plays and musicals), Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Bell Ringing Guild, Chapel, Concert Club, Dance Club, Jazz Club, Kent Music Honor Society, Kent News - Student Newspaper, Kentettes - a cappella group, Kentones - a cappella group, Orchestra, THE CAULDRON - literary magazine
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Soccer, Club Squash, Club Tennis, Fitness Club, Mountain Biking, Ping Pong Club, Road Biking, Spirit Club, Yoga
|Year: 2013 - 2015||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||15|
|George Washington University||14|
|University of California at Berkeley||10|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||8|
|United States Naval Academy||8|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Kent School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, National Association of Independant Schools, National Association of Episcopal Schools
- Submit Review for Kent School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.