Kent's Pre-Engineering certificate program is a unique opportunity for hands-on exploration in Robotics, Manufacturing Engineering and Computer Programming.
- For over 100 years, Kent has followed our school motto: Simplicity of Life, Directness of Purpose and Self-Reliance.
- Located in the Northwest corner of Connecticut in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains along the banks of the Housatonic River, Kent is rich in tradition and innovation.
- Founded by an Episcopal monk, we maintain our affiliation with the church while developing to address the changing world our graduates enter.
- 570 girls and boys excel in our rigorous academic environment with the help of knowledgeable, supportive teachers.
- Many of our faculty have advanced degrees and our average tenure is more than a dozen years.
- Students prepare for the world`s top colleges and universities with an extensive liberal arts curriculum and competitive art, music and athletic programs.
- We study in 27 AP subjects, rare courses like Mandarin Chinese, Irish Drama, Genetics & Biotechnology, our new Pre-Engineering program and our extensive club and extracurricular offerings.
- A Kent student`s days are filled with opportunities to learn and grow, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- We come from 35 states and 40 countries. 90 percent of students live on campus.
- Our faculty largely live here, too and together build our active, engaging campus community seven days a week.
- In fact, service to the community is a significant part of life at Kent. Temperantia, Fiducia, Constantia.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Brown University Kent's emphasis on individualized education is one of the elements that sets it apart from other boarding schools. The Studies Office allows students to choose classes that interest them the most, when they have completed. . .
- Eckerd College The physical campus and surrounding areas of Kent School truly brought the campus to another level that few other schools had. The campus itself is set up so that the academic and residential buildings are. . .
- Albion College I hadn't attended any other boarding schools besides Kent, so I don't know much about other schools beyond what I saw when I visited other campuses for sporting events. From what I understand, Kent is. . .
- Boston University Something about Kent that I really enjoyed were our mandatory on-campus jobs. While many of these jobs are, admittedly, mundane, there are many jobs that were very great. Jobs change every term (on a trimester. . .
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Two things that I thought made Kent unique were the Harkness teaching style and the jobs program. Kent had harkness tables in a lot of rooms and if there wasn't a harkness table in the. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Kent School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Campus Size||1200 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||570 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||25||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$87 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$39,500||$22,410|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Brian Sullivan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||57||23|
|Extracurriculars||Amnesty International Club, Animal Rights Club, Art Club, Bell Ringing Guild, Buddhist Club, Chapel, Chess Club, Club Soccer, Club Squash, Club Tennis, Coding Club, Concert Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Diversity Club, Environment Club, Fellowship of Christians at Universities and Schools (FOCUS), Fitness Club, French Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Habitat for Humanity, Heifer International, Hillel Society, International Club, Investment Club,|
|Year: 2013 - 2015||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||15|
|George Washington University||14|
|University of California at Berkeley||10|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||8|
|United States Naval Academy||8|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, National Association of Independant Schools, National Association of Episcopal Schools
- Submit Review for Kent School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
September 28, 2017
Use a spreadsheet to develop your initial list of schools. Here's how.
September 28, 2017
Finding the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important and expensive decisions you will ever make.
September 05, 2017
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.