Kent School Photo #2 - Kent's Pre-Engineering certificate program is a unique opportunity for hands-on exploration in Robotics, Manufacturing Engineering and Computer Programming.
Kent School Photo #3 - Kent's newly renovated art studios offer ample space to explore your creativity.
- For over 100 years, Kent has followed our school motto: Simplicity of Life, Directness of Purpose and Self-Reliance.
- Located in the Northwest corner of Connecticut in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains along the banks of the Housatonic River, Kent is rich in tradition and innovation.
- Founded by an Episcopal monk, we maintain our affiliation with the church while developing to address the changing world our graduates enter.
- 570 girls and boys excel in our rigorous academic environment with the help of knowledgeable, supportive teachers.
- Many of our faculty have advanced degrees and our average tenure is more than a dozen years.
- Students prepare for the world`s top colleges and universities with an extensive liberal arts curriculum and competitive art, music and athletic programs.
- We study in 28 AP subjects, rare courses like Mandarin Chinese, Irish Drama, Genetics & Biotechnology, our new Pre-Engineering program and our extensive club and extracurricular offerings.
- A Kent student`s days are filled with opportunities to learn and grow, both inside and outside of the classroom.
- We come from 29 states and 37 countries. 91 percent of students live on campus.
- Our faculty largely live here, too and together build our active, engaging campus community seven days a week.
- In fact, service to the community is a significant part of life at Kent. Temperantia, Fiducia, Constantia.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Brown University Kent's emphasis on individualized education is one of the elements that sets it apart from other boarding schools. The Studies Office allows students to choose classes that interest them the most, when they have completed. . .
- Dartmouth College Campus is beautiful and landscape around it. It was very relaxing walking around campus and looking at the beautiful mountain algo and Housatonic river.Teachers and advisors were available 24/7 and always happy to give advice. . .
- RPI Our campus was right next to a mountain and a river, so hiking or playing in the river was a very common activity when the weather was good. We also had mandatory chapel service three times. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Kent School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||5-12|
|Campus Size||1200 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||580 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Business casual )
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||28||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$109 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$40,676||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Brian Sullivan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||65||23|
Club or Organization:
Amnesty International Club, Animal Rights Club, Anti-Bullying Club, Asian/Chinese Club, Biking Club, Bit N Spur Riding Club, Buddhist Club, Chess Club, Coding Club, Dance Committee, Debate Club, Diversity Club, Earth Advocates, Entrepreneurship & Finance Club, Environment Club, Exclusive Service Club, Fellowship of Christians at Universities and Schools (FOCUS), Female Engineers, French Club, Girls Advocacy, Go Club, Habitat for Humanity, Hillel Society, Improv Club, International Club, Investment Club, Kent Daily Update (Student online news, info, contests), Model UN, Outdoors Club, Panache (Modern Dance Troupe), Peer Counselors, Philosphy Club, Photo Club, Playwriting Club, REACH - Remember Every Action Can Help, Service League, Single-Track Club, Social Justice Club, Steel Drum Band, Students of Color Alliance, Theater Club (travels to see plays and musicals), Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Bell Ringing Guild, Chapel, Concert Club, Dance Club, Hip Hop Club, Jazz Club, Kent Music Honor Society, Kent News - Student Newspaper, Kentettes - a cappella group, Orchestra, THE CAULDRON - literary magazine, World View Committee
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Club Soccer, Club Squash, Club Tennis, Debating, Fitness Club, Ping Pong Club, Stock Market Simulation Club, Yoga
|Year: 2013 - 2015||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||15|
|George Washington University||14|
|University of California at Berkeley||10|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||8|
|United States Naval Academy||8|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Kent School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, National Association of Independant Schools, National Association of Episcopal Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Kent School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme offers a rigorous, disciplined approach to college preparation studies. We answer common questions about the IB.