Brewster Academy Photo #2 - You won't find students sitting in classroom during Interim Studies. Brewster Students embrace experiential learning by creating, serving, traveling, interning, and collaborating. Interim Studies provide students with a hands-on, real world learning experiences of their choice.
Brewster Academy Photo #3 - The Academy's teachers are prepared and trained at the Brewster Summer Institute, a professional development program designed to assist teachers in maximizing student growth. Each instructor is placed on a nine-member teaching team. Each team teaches and advises students in a single grade, allowing for constant communication and interaction. Teams meet three times weekly to discuss each student's progress
Brewster Academy Photo #4 - Freshwater Ecology students access the largest freshwater laboratory in the state (Lake Winnipesaukee), without leaving campus.
Brewster Academy Photo #5 - All students participate in at least one season of interscholastic sports. Recreational and instructional sports also are options. When enrolled in a recreational or instructional class, students also can select arts classes, providing students with a six-day athletics and arts program. Arts offerings include digital photography, drama, dance, studio arts, pottery, music, and advanced media production.
Brewster Academy Photo #6 - Dance is offered as a class, an afternoon arts option, and a club activity with performances at campus events, including at our nationally-ranked basketball team's home games. The choice is yours.
Brewster Academy Photo #7 - Seventeen family-style dormitories (most overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee) house Brewster's boarding students. The environment is family-oriented. Each dorm plans community and social activities through their weekly meetings. An upperclass proctor and faculty community life parents ensure constant communication and availability within this small setting.
Brewster Academy Photo #8 - The only independent school with both an indoor convertible turf and outdoor turf for multiple sports.
Brewster Academy Photo #9 - We are proud to offer our students a number of diverse clubs and activities to meet a variety of needs, enhance individual talents, provide opportunities to explore teamwork and leadership, learn about giving back, and ultimately helping to develop 'Lives of Purpose'.
- Brewster Academy is a flourishing, innovative secondary school in one of the most picturesque areas of New England on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and a short drive from the majestic White Mountains yet less than two hours from Boston.
- The campus sits along a mile of shoreline with 20 dormitories and attached faculty residences that provide a strong on-campus adult and family presence to this quintessential boarding school community.
- Campus is just steps away from a vibrant downtown with cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- An imposing academic building dominates the center of campus and a 50,000 square-foot athletics facility is nestled into the hillside, overlooking the playing fields, the lake, and the mountains.
- A recently renovated performing arts center is a hub for talent and all-school gatherings.
- Take a look for yourself here: http://www.brewsteracademy.org or plan a visit to experience the beauty and community of Brewster.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Boston University The biggest thing that makes Brewster unique is the location. Brewster is located right on the water front of Lake Winni, and directly in the center of the town of Wolfeboro. Students are able. . .
- University of North Carolina Most people are attracted to Brewster for the campus, but the community is worth so much more than the photographs. In all my years of education, I have never met faculty and staff so devoted. . .
- University of Alabama Being in a small town located on a lake (the only Lakes region boarding school that was on a lake may I add) made our school not only unique but also gorgeous. Our classes. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Brewster Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||80 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||355 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Bi-Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$20 million|
|Tuition international students||$1,150||$51,800|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$35,250||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||54%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Nick Wilbur|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jason Smith, Associate Dir|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Macroeconomics, Statistics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||29||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Brewster Big Friends, Ceridwen (Writing Club), Debate Team, Diversity Club, HACIA Democracy Club, Instructional Golf, Robotics Team, Salmagundy (newspaper), Tour Guides (admissions)
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Media Group, Cappies, Chamber Orchestra, Clearlakes Chorale, Computer Graphics, Dance Team, Hispanic Cultural Club, HOWL, HOWL Chorus, Knox Ambassadors, The Blue and White (Yearbook), Wind Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Advanced Strength Training, Conditioning, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Flag Football, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), High & Low Ropes Course, Performing Arts Club, Yoga
- Brewster, a college preparatory school, acknowledges individual learning style differences, employs best practice research in teaching and learning, offers a mastery-based curriculum, and supports this within a technical medium leading to a highly interactive, student-centered and collaborative learning environment.
- Highly personalized and student-centered learning; Discussion-based and interactive classes. Team-based teaching, collaborative learning emphasis and project-based learning.
- Customized, fully integrated academic support programs in which 35% of students are enrolled.
- Emotional Literacy program in partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.National and New England championship teams with unparalleled athletic facilities; More than 25% of graduating students will play sports in college.Traditional arts courses and the latest in digital arts; Newly renovated performing arts center with seating for 450.
- Vibrant downtown with shops, cafes, restaurants, and more all adjacent to campus in Wolfeboro - The Oldest Summer Resort in America.
- Take a 360 Virtual Tour of our lakeside location at www.brewsteracademy.org/tour.
- Contact the Office of Admission to schedule a campus visit, and see if Brewster is the best boarding school choice for you! 603-569-7200 email@example.com.
- Brewster Academy accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges Inc.
- Submit Review for Brewster Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Four reasons shaped our decision. I share these and other insights with you.
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
What are you allowed to bring to boarding school? What are you not allowed to bring to boarding school? Answers to those questions and more.