New Hampton School
New Hampton School Photo #3 - A variety of hands-on science classes offered state-of-the-art math and science facility.
New Hampton School Photo #4 - A Performing Arts program that encourages students to find their confidence on stage.
- Founded in 1821, New Hampton School is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory secondary school of 320 students who come from over 25 states and 30 countries.
- Students benefit from an average class size of 11 and a student-faculty ratio of 5:1. For more information, please visit www.newhampton.org.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- William and Mary I'll say two, first the absolutely perfect layout of campus. You have majority of your classes right on academic row which makes the trip to classes easy especially in the winter when you're trying to. . .
- Hobart and William Smith One important aspect of the school is the technology. Due to the school's sponsorship each students get their own iPad which is set up to have grades, assignments, ways to take notes, textbook, and more. . .
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges I believe the overall feel of my school was the most unique part of it. Campus always felt like a big family. My teachers and dorm parents had no problem letting me do homework in. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|New Hampton School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||350 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||340 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||2||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||45||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$19 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$27,000||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||William McCulloch|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Michelle Cote|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||2||17|
|Courses||AP Art, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP French, AP Photography, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||16||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Experiential Learning, Greenhouse Interns, LGBQT, Literary magazine, Math Club, Model United Nations, Outing Club, Proctor Program, Student Government, Sustainability Club, Tour Guides, Women's Leadership Group, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art in the Afternoon, Technical Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The School offers a globally focused education to young men and women from across the country and around the world.
- Over 90% of faculty live on campus with their families.
- An intentional curriculum cultivates global citizens with over 32 different countries represented in the student body.
- The first New England Boarding School to offer the International Baccalaureate Program, the School`s rigorous college preparatory curriculum is rooted in personal exploration, civic engagement, and global awareness.
- It balances the rigor of IB with a highly regarded Academic Support Program.
- Students take advantage of outstanding facilities in the arts, the sciences, and athletics; a wide range of opportunities for service and hands-on experience; and a talented faculty committed to holistic development.
- Located in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire within two hours of Boston, and near the magnificent White Mountains, the school is ideally situated to help students explore issues of environmental sustainability.
- The school is known as an innovator in technology integration and supports a comprehensive Apple Distinguished iPad Program.
- Students benefit from a experiential Project Week each spring.
- Alumni of New Hampton School matriculate to competitive colleges and universities and go on to take leadership roles in politics and culture, business and finance, science and medicine, education and philanthropy, or wherever their dreams and talents take them.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for New Hampton School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.