New Hampton School
New Hampton School Photo #3 - A variety of hands-on science classes offered state-of-the-art math and science facility.
New Hampton School Photo #6 - A Performing Arts program that encourages students to find their confidence on stage.
New Hampton School is a learning environment where happiness matters.
Our community celebrates students as individuals and independent thinkers, game-changers and global citizens, athletes, artists, and entrepreneurs.
Here, they feel wholly welcomed, creatively inspired, motivated by empathy, and empowered by choice.
Peers from 30 countries engage with, encourage, and honor one another.
With distinctive opportunities such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, Project Week, Apple Distinguished School resources, experiential learning, exceptional athletics, stunning geography, and a challenging, individualized curriculum, students and faculty connect in an inclusive and innovative educational experience.
At New Hampton School, a healthy, balanced and confident student body is at the heart of an excellent education.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- William and Mary I'll say two, first the absolutely perfect layout of campus. You have majority of your classes right on academic row which makes the trip to classes easy especially in the winter when you're trying to. . .
- Hobart and William Smith One important aspect of the school is the technology. Due to the school's sponsorship each students get their own iPad which is set up to have grades, assignments, ways to take notes, textbook, and more. . .
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges I believe the overall feel of my school was the most unique part of it. Campus always felt like a big family. My teachers and dorm parents had no problem letting me do homework in. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|New Hampton School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||350 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||340 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||45||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$23 million||$24 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$27,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||William McCulloch|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Michelle Cote|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||18|
|Courses||AP Art, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP French, AP Photography, AP Physics, AP Spanish, AP US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||22||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Greenhouse Interns, LGBQT, Literary magazine, Math Club, Model United Nations, Outing Club, Proctor Program, Robotics, Student Activities Council, Student Government, Sustainability Club, Tour Guides, Women's Leadership Group, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art in the Afternoon, Dance Club, Husky TV, Literary Magazine, Technical Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Recreational Skiing, Recreational Tennis
- The School offers a globally focused education to young men and women from across the country and around the world.
- Over 90% of faculty live on campus with their families.
- An intentional curriculum cultivates global citizens with over 32 different countries represented in the student body.
- The first New England Boarding School to offer the International Baccalaureate Program, the School`s rigorous college preparatory curriculum is rooted in personal exploration, civic engagement, and global awareness.
- It balances the rigor of IB with a highly regarded Academic Support Program.
- Students take advantage of outstanding facilities in the arts, the sciences, and athletics; a wide range of opportunities for service and hands-on experience; and a talented faculty committed to holistic development.
- Located in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire within two hours of Boston, and near the magnificent White Mountains, the school is ideally situated to help students explore issues of environmental sustainability.
- The school is known as an innovator in technology integration and supports a comprehensive Apple Distinguished iPad Program.
- Students benefit from a experiential Project Week each spring.
- Alumni of New Hampton School matriculate to competitive colleges and universities and go on to take leadership roles in politics and culture, business and finance, science and medicine, education and philanthropy, or wherever their dreams and talents take them.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Cayla Barnes '17 - Member of the United States Women's Hockey Team and Olympic Gold Medalist at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Dempsey Arsenault '15 - Member of Brave, one of the three teams associated with the Women's Professional Lacrosse League.
- Ed Cooley '88 - Head coach of Mens basketball at Providence College.
- Wes Miller '01 - Head coach of Mens basketball at UNC Greensboro.
Profile last updated: 02/12/2021
- Submit Review for New Hampton School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Are you thinking about sending your daughter off to boarding school? Go for it!
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
You've tried everything but still your child has serious issues. Perhaps it's time to think about sending him to a residential therapeutic school.