New Hampton School - Review #5
About the Author:
|Home Town, State (Country)||Portland, Maine, ME|
|Years Attended Boarding School||1|
|Activities During Boarding School||I did 10 club activities, and it was a great chance to know everyone in the school. Also, by being in a lot of club, I had opportunities to stand in front of everyone during the school meeting. It was a great experience in NHS.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
I think IB program in this school is very helpful for students to prepare for the collage and universities. Also, teachers are always on the campus, so it is always helpful for students to do work efficiently.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
the best thing happened to me was that on my birthday, everyone sang happy birthday to me and I was very impressed and I felt like this is my home
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
Just be you. Be yourself
4.) What did you like most about your school?
Chances to experience things
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
'Caswell dorm is one of the smallest dorm in our school, and I recommend small dorms because it feels much more like family
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
I liked that there were IB programs and I liked that school was Apple distinguished school. That means school has Apple TV, smart boards, and iPads to all the students in NHS, and all faculty members have MacBook too.
1.) Describe the arts program at your school - what did you like most about it?
There are a lot of opportunities to to art in NHS. Many people to theater, arts, photo, Disney animation class, coding, and etc. There are a lot of ways for students to grow their skills to achieve their future goal.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
New Hampton is a very small town. We get to see a lot of areas of the town and we go to outside a lot on Saturday extended block. Extended block usually is fun class that we do outside of classrooms.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
It is really easy to make friends in this school because there are a lot of opportunities to meet people. We have social dinner every month when we have to wear dress and suits. They match you up with random people and it is so fun and it is a great chance to make new friends!
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- William and Mary I'll say two, first the absolutely perfect layout of campus. You have majority of your classes right on academic row which makes the trip to classes easy especially in the winter when you're trying to. . .
- Hobart and William Smith One important aspect of the school is the technology. Due to the school's sponsorship each students get their own iPad which is set up to have grades, assignments, ways to take notes, textbook, and more. . .
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges I believe the overall feel of my school was the most unique part of it. Campus always felt like a big family. My teachers and dorm parents had no problem letting me do homework in. . .
- Syracuse University New Hampton offered me so many opportunities that I'm grateful for, that I don't know where to start. Something that was different about New Hampton than other schools I had attended was the IB program. . .
- Harvard I think IB program in this school is very helpful for students to prepare for the collage and universities. Also, teachers are always on the campus, so it is always helpful for students to do. . .
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.