5.00 (9 reviews)
204 Main Street - P.O. Box 500
Andover, NH 03216
Andover, NH 03216
- Proctor is nationally known for its innovative experiential programs, community of individuals, and its balance of academic rigor with structured support.
- AP and honors sections complement Learning Skills in this unique 3,000-acre school.
- Strong visual and performing art offerings challenge accomplished artists and encourage novices.
- Competitive athletics include teams in most sports. Opportunities for students to study off-campus include trimesters in France, Spain, and Costa Rica, along with Mountain Classroom and Ocean Classroom programs.
- Motivation, passion for activity, and strong character are key to admission.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Montana State University Proctor is unique in way too many ways to describe, but I will name a few. First, you get the opportunity to go abroad in high school! A four year student can have the opportunity. . .
- Queen's University Called teachers by their first names. Had 5 unique abroad programs including Mountain Classroom, Ocean Classroom, Proctor en Segovia, Costa Rica and Euro. Also had learning skills. More of an experiential learning school. . .
- Saint Michael's College Proctor's use of experiential learning really sets it apart from other boarding schools. I took wildlife science and forestry, and we were out in the field many days. As well, I participated in Proctor's Ocean. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Proctor Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||3000 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||370 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1200||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$24.5 million||$18 million|
|Tuition international students||$2,500||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,000||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||54%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Christopher Bartlett|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Hunter Churchill|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||17|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Economics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics, United States Government, United States History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||26||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||32||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Bands, Congress, Diversity Club, FACES, Fine Arts Council, Fire Department, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Loomis Chaffee TV, Pre-School Child Care Center, Proteus, The Center for International and Multicultural Affairs, The Madrigal Singers, The Stagecoach (yearbook), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Audio Visual Club, Baseball, Ceramics Club, Chamber, Chorus, Community Service Program, Dance Club, Drama Club, Martin Luther King Jr. Society, The Chamber Music Ensemble, The Muse (literary magazine)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Deacon, Honor Societies, Key Society, Middle School Drama Club, Service Organizations, Tennis Soccer, WKIS Radio Station
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Trimester based academic schedule allows students to take advantage of over 140 courses and pursue their passions
- Unique opportunities exist in the arts including, boat building, industrial design, digital media, kinetic metal sculpture, and digital music recording
- Proctor owns and operates it's own ski area, one of only 4 schools or colleges in the country to do so!
- New facilities include a Bio Mass Plant to heat the central campus, new photography darkrooms, Peabody House, a dorm heated and cooled via geothermal wells, and a new synthetic turf complex for soccer, field hockey, football and lacrosse.
- LD types supported: Academic Coaching, Direct Instruction, Skills and Strategies
- Proctor Academy accreditations: NEASC, TABS, SSATB
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Matt Nathanson - Musician and Performer
- Travis Warren - Founder and President, Whipple Hill Communications
- Robert Richardson - Oscar Winning Cinematographer (Platoon, JFK, The Aviator, Kill Bill)
- Jerome Dyson - Former UCONN current pro basketball player
- Heather Moore - Jewelry Designer/Marketer
- Josh Walden - Broadway Actor
- Bob Beattie - Former US Alpine Ski Team Head Coach and Television Commentator
- Alan Shepard - Astronaut
- Cole Williams - Television Actor (Entourage, Scrubs, 8 Simple Rules)
- Carl Van Loan, Jed Hinkley - US Olympians, US Ski Team Nordic Combined
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Proctor Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.