5.00 (12 reviews)
204 Main Street - P.O. Box 500
Andover, NH 03216
Andover, NH 03216
- Proctor is nationally known for its innovative experiential programs, community of individuals, and its balance of academic rigor with structured support.
- AP and honors sections complement Learning Skills in this unique 3,000-acre school.
- Strong visual and performing art offerings challenge accomplished artists and encourage novices.
- Competitive athletics include teams in most sports. Opportunities for students to study off-campus include trimesters in France, Spain, and Costa Rica, along with Mountain Classroom and Ocean Classroom programs.
- Motivation, passion for activity, and strong character are key to admission.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Bentley University Proctor is a unique school due to the experiential learning model. This includes a variety of off-campus programs including programs in Spain, France, Costa Rica, and Ocean classroom and mountain classroom. Proctor also owns over. . .
- University of New Hampshire The off-campus programs that Proctor has to offer make it particularly unique in relation to other boarding schools. I was lucky enough to participate in Ocean Classroom, which is an off-campus program where we sail. . .
- Montana State University Proctor is unique in way too many ways to describe, but I will name a few. First, you get the opportunity to go abroad in high school! A four year student can have the opportunity. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Proctor Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||3000 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||370 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1200||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$24.5 million||$20 million|
|Tuition international students||$2,500||$50,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||54%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Christopher Bartlett|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Hunter Churchill|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||18|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Economics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics, United States Government, United States History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||26||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||32||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Bands, Congress, Diversity Club, FACES, Fine Arts Council, Fire Department, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Loomis Chaffee TV, Pre-School Child Care Center, Proteus, The Center for International and Multicultural Affairs, The Madrigal Singers, The Stagecoach (yearbook), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Audio Visual Club, Baseball, Ceramics Club, Chamber, Chorus, Community Service Program, Dance Club, Drama Club, Martin Luther King Jr. Society, The Chamber Music Ensemble, The Muse (literary magazine)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Deacon, Honor Societies, Key Society, Middle School Drama Club, Service Organizations, Tennis Soccer, WKIS Radio Station
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Trimester based academic schedule allows students to take advantage of over 140 courses and pursue their passions
- Unique opportunities exist in the arts including, boat building, industrial design, digital media, kinetic metal sculpture, and digital music recording
- Proctor owns and operates it's own ski area, one of only 4 schools or colleges in the country to do so!
- New facilities include a Bio Mass Plant to heat the central campus, new photography darkrooms, Peabody House, a dorm heated and cooled via geothermal wells, and a new synthetic turf complex for soccer, field hockey, football and lacrosse.
- LD types supported: Academic Coaching, Direct Instruction, Skills and Strategies
- Proctor Academy accreditations: NEASC, TABS, SSATB
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Matt Nathanson - Musician and Performer
- Travis Warren - Founder and President, Whipple Hill Communications
- Robert Richardson - Oscar Winning Cinematographer (Platoon, JFK, The Aviator, Kill Bill)
- Jerome Dyson - Former UCONN current pro basketball player
- Heather Moore - Jewelry Designer/Marketer
- Josh Walden - Broadway Actor
- Bob Beattie - Former US Alpine Ski Team Head Coach and Television Commentator
- Alan Shepard - Astronaut
- Cole Williams - Television Actor (Entourage, Scrubs, 8 Simple Rules)
- Carl Van Loan, Jed Hinkley - US Olympians, US Ski Team Nordic Combined
- Submit Review for Proctor Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
Two kinds of admissions are in use at American boarding schools: admissions with a fixed deadline and rolling admissions. We take a look at rolling admissions.