5.00 (12 reviews)
Tel: (603) 735-6652
204 Main Street - P.O. Box 500
Andover, NH 03216
Andover, NH 03216
Proctor is nationally known for its innovative experiential programs, community of individuals, and its balance of academic rigor with structured support.
AP and honors sections complement Learning Skills in this unique 3,000-acre school.
Strong visual and performing art offerings challenge accomplished artists and encourage novices.
Competitive athletics include teams in most sports. Opportunities for students to study off-campus include trimesters in France, Spain, and Costa Rica, along with Mountain Classroom and Ocean Classroom programs.
Motivation, passion for activity, and strong character are key to admission.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Bentley University Proctor is a unique school due to the experiential learning model. This includes a variety of off-campus programs including programs in Spain, France, Costa Rica, and Ocean classroom and mountain classroom. Proctor also owns over. . .
- University of New Hampshire The off-campus programs that Proctor has to offer make it particularly unique in relation to other boarding schools. I was lucky enough to participate in Ocean Classroom, which is an off-campus program where we sail. . .
- Montana State University Proctor is unique in way too many ways to describe, but I will name a few. First, you get the opportunity to go abroad in high school! A four year student can have the opportunity. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Proctor Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||3000 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||360 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1200||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1050 - 1300||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$31.5 million||$23 million|
|Tuition international students||$2,500||$53,975|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||54%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Christopher Bartlett|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Hunter Churchill|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||12||18|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Economics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics, United States Government, United States History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||26||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Ski Jumping, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||32||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Bands, Congress, Diversity Club, FACES, Fine Arts Council, Fire Department, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Loomis Chaffee TV, Pre-School Child Care Center, Proteus, The Center for International and Multicultural Affairs, The Madrigal Singers, The Stagecoach (yearbook), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Audio Visual Club, Baseball, Ceramics Club, Chamber, Chorus, Community Service Program, Dance Club, Drama Club, Martin Luther King Jr. Society, The Chamber Music Ensemble, The Muse (literary magazine)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Deacon, Honor Societies, Key Society, Middle School Drama Club, Service Organizations, Tennis Soccer, WKIS Radio Station
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Trimester based academic schedule allows students to take advantage of over 140 courses and pursue their passions
- Unique opportunities exist in the arts including, boat building, industrial design, digital media, kinetic metal sculpture, and digital music recording
- Proctor owns and operates it's own ski area, one of only 4 schools or colleges in the country to do so!
- New facilities include a Bio Mass Plant to heat the central campus, new photography darkrooms, Peabody House, a dorm heated and cooled via geothermal wells, and a new synthetic turf complex for soccer, field hockey, football and lacrosse.
- LD types supported: Academic Coaching, Direct Instruction, Skills and Strategies
- Proctor Academy accreditations: NEASC, SSATB
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Matt Nathanson - Musician and Performer
- Travis Warren - Founder and President, Whipple Hill Communications
- Robert Richardson - Oscar Winning Cinematographer (Platoon, JFK, The Aviator, Kill Bill)
- Jerome Dyson - Former UCONN current pro basketball player
- Heather Moore - Jewelry Designer/Marketer
- Josh Walden - Broadway Actor
- Bob Beattie - Former US Alpine Ski Team Head Coach and Television Commentator
- Alan Shepard - Astronaut
- Cole Williams - Television Actor (Entourage, Scrubs, 8 Simple Rules)
- Carl Van Loan, Jed Hinkley - US Olympians, US Ski Team Nordic Combined
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Proctor Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.