Stevenson School - Review #1
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Stevenson University|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Sedona, AZ|
|Years Attended Boarding School||4|
|Activities During Boarding School||EXPO (an eleven day backpacking expedition) leader, Student Council, Residential Activities Committee head, Community club co-leader, Red Cross club leader, life-guard, Vailima committee (for the school book that publishes student work), swimming, Cross Country, school play, and NaNoWriMo.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
Every teacher is always accessible and they are always friendly. I felt so at home there. They also have a counseling center where they take ideas from students about how to improve the school psychologically.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
I learned how to be myself. I was home-schooled, so it was a hard transition, but I really gave it my all and Stevenson gave me the opportunity, for which I will be forever grateful. I made the most wonderful friends and gained a lot of responsibility and love.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
Well, try not to be too assumptive about anything. let yourself be open to everything, because people are different, but that doesn't make them bad. And don't take too much on, especially in your Senior year. That's when you want to enjoy your friends and your time.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The heart. I think there is an inherent love in everything and everyone throughout the school.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Enjoy the library! It has wonderful resources and books and the librarians and the sweetest. Also if you need someone to talk to, any teacher will be happy to listen. You never have to feel like you have no one. The chocolate chips at Simoneaus are delicious. So are the Zapps Voodoo chips. Yum!
1.) Describe the academics at your school - what did you like most about it?
If you don't understand things, the teachers will meet up with you and help you, and there are also student peer tutors. The teachers are very kind and understanding, as well as amusing. They relate to students really well. They make the classes fun with games on review days, etc...
1.) Describe the athletics at your school - what did you like most about it?
They encourage teamwork, but don't push you so hard that it's disconcerting. I never felt pressured to win, and because of that, I could race better. They were never too disappointed. They were understanding regarding taking a day off, to a limit, which is a good thing.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
The rooms are great, and make it so you can have your own privacy even if you're living with someone else (they have a wall between the sides of the room). There is always a teacher around to help you if you need it, even late at night.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
They would have a bus to take us to the Del Monte Center which was really nice.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Everyone is pretty nice. There isn't much tolerance for cruelty here, and everyone naturally opens up after a time.
|8:00 AM||Start the day and school|
|3:00 AM||Get out of school.|
|3:30 AM||After school sport.|
|5:30 AM||Club/Council meeting.|
|7:30 AM||Study Hall.|
|10:00 AM||Enjoy the night or sleep!|
|11:00 AM||Still sleeping.|
|12:00 AM||Yeah...probably still sleeping. :-P|
|12:00 AM||Go to the Del Monte Center with friends.|
|4:00 PM||Enjoying the weekend! Swimming, maybe.|
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Stevenson University Every teacher is always accessible and they are always friendly. I felt so at home there. They also have a counseling center where they take ideas from students about how to improve the school psychologically. . .
- Elon University Stevenson is a stunning atmosphere both beauty and quality of life. The school is situated in Pebble Beach, on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. However, the scenery is not the most beautiful part about Stevenson. The. . .
- Santa Clara University The most striking thing about Stevenson School is the immense support system at so many different levels. No matter what issues you may face, there is the exact person you need to help you there. . .
- NYU My favorite parts about Stevenson are the beach near-by and the friendly environment. When I was at Stevenson, I walked or ran down to the beach at least three times a week. The view down. . .
- Harvard College Stevenson has a uniquely warm and comforting environment - something I felt the first time I stepped on campus to visit the school. The students are friendly and the teachers are caring; the campus. . .
June 22, 2018
Applying to boarding school requires completing a sheaf of forms. We look at how to accomplish this important task.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.