Santa Catalina School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 230 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $59,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $38,250
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Santa Catalina School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(Boarding average is $33,425/Day average is $21,060)
AP / Advanced Courses
Accents (Dance), Alegria, BURRITO (improv group), Catalina Children's Fund, Catalinan (Yearbook), Chemistry Club, Chinese Culture Club, ECCO (a capella), French Culture Club, Health and Wellness Committee, Jewish Cultural Club, Korean Culture Club, Lady Rhythmics (body percussion), Lamplighter (Student Newspaper), Math Tutoring Center, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, Mosaic (Literary Magazine), Movie Club, National Honor Society, Peace and Justice, R4 (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Renew), Reverb (Music Group), Robotics Team, Safe Space, Spanish Language and Culture Club, Student Senate, Students of Color Affinity Group, TEDxSantaCatalinaSchool, Thespian Society, Wildlife Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet (Pointe), Choir, Contemporary Dance, Digital Media, Hip-Hop Dance, Instrumental Ensemble, Jazz Dance, Musical Theatre Dance, Photography (Darkroom), Private music lessons, Tap Dance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Rugby Club, Strength and Conditioning
- The co-curricular advisory program, Journey, assists students in developing their highest personal, academic, and spiritual potential.
- Introductory through advanced level courses are offered in art, photography, music, dance, and theatre.
- Performance facilities include a professional-level 500-seat performing arts center, a 150-seat recital hall, and a dance studio.
- Our signature marine ecology program is a three-year intensive focus on marine science for a select group of students beginning in their sophomore year. Students study in and around the ocean, doing research, learning by observation, testing hypotheses, and experimenting in the bay itself.
- Our college counseling goal is to help each young woman find the right program that is the best academic, extracurricular, and personal fit for her.
- Our strong alumnae base is comprised of more than 5,000 women with 15 domestic and 3 international alumnae association chapters.
- Accreditations and memberships include Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), and the National Coalition of Girls Schools (NCGS).
- Santa Catalina School accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges; NAIS, CAIS, NCGS, TABS, CASE, CEEB, NACAC, WBSA, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Cynara Coomer, M.D. ’87 - General surgeon at Staten Island University Hospital and a a medical contributor at Fox News
- Monica C. Lozano ’74 - Publisher and CEO of the Spanish language newspaper, La Opinión, in Los Angeles
- Kate Dentoni Mitchell ’76 - CEO and co-founder of Scale Venture Partners and chairman of the National Venture Capital Association
- Leslie Redlich Cockburn ’70 - Award-winning investigative journalist and filmmaker
- Jessica Koehne ’96 - Physical scientist, NASA Ames Center for Nanotechnology
- Angelique Cabral ’97 - Actress, best known for her role on "Life in Pieces"
- Brita Sigourney ’08 - Olympic bronze medalist, freestyle skiing
- Teresa Barger ’73 - CEO, Cartica Capital
- Priscilla McCarthy Barolo ’03 - Head of Communications, Zoom
- Meghan Looram ’92 - Director of Photography, New York Times
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Santa Catalina School cost?
Santa Catalina School's tuition is approximately $59,000 for boarding students and $38,250 for day students.
Who are famous alumni from Santa Catalina School?
Santa Catalina School famous alumni include: Cynara Coomer, M.D. ’87, Monica C. Lozano ’74, Kate Dentoni Mitchell ’76, Leslie Redlich Cockburn ’70, Jessica Koehne ’96, Angelique Cabral ’97, Brita Sigourney ’08, Teresa Barger ’73, Priscilla McCarthy Barolo ’03 and Meghan Looram ’92.
What sports does Santa Catalina School offer?
Santa Catalina School offers 12 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo.
Does Santa Catalina School offer a summer program?
Yes, Santa Catalina School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Santa Catalina School's ranking?
Santa Catalina School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High # of AP/advanced courses offered.
When is the application deadline for Santa Catalina School?
The application deadline for Santa Catalina School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2005
University of Colorado at Boulder