Miss Porter's School
- Founded in 1843 by lifelong scholar and educator, Sarah Porter, Miss Porter`s School is a college preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades nine through 12.
- Located in the center of Farmington, Conn., Porter`s offers a diverse high school experience with 313 students hailing from 21 states and representing 17 countries.
- The school educates young women to become informed, bold, resourceful and ethical global citizens who will shape a changing world. For more information, please visit www.porters.org.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- William & Mary Miss Porter's has unique traditions unlike any other school aimed at including students and making them feel like part of a campus community, such as the school ring tradition. Part of the fun is learning. . .
- Smith College I would definitely have to say that something unique about Porter's is the connection between Alumnae (called "Ancients") and students. The ability to talk about shared experiences and traditions across generations is something I rarely. . .
- Providence College Traditions! There is nothing like the kind of bonding that a Porter's girl gets from the traditions she will experience during her 4 years at MPS. The traditions are kept a secret up until a. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Miss Porter's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||50 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||313 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1240||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1180 - 1330||-|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$113 million||$18 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$25,191||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Average Percentile SSAT||87%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Sarah Quinn|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||45||24|
|Extracurriculars||Acapella, Am I (Analyzing Media Intellectually, Internally & Internationally), Animal Rights, Animal Rights Club, Annie Ambassadors, Art Appreciation Club, Asian Club, Athletic Association, Christian Fellowship Club, Community Service (TASC), Concordia (community service club), Drama Tech (Technical Theatre), Flying Disc Club, Foosball Club, Haggis/Baggis (creative writing), Law Enforcement, Modern Dance, Navy Marine Club, Order of St. Michael, Peer Mediation, Tour Guides (admissions), Verities, Watu Wazuri (multicultural organization)|
Club or Organization:
AIDS Awareness Club, Archive Club, Art Studio, Destination Imagination, Filmmaking, Fly Fishing, Gator Globe (Interational Student Newspaper), Guitar, Hunting Club, Jewish Student Union, Society for National and International Affairs, Spectrum, Surfing Club, Talisman Literary Magazine, UBUNTU (Africa Club), Volleyball, Warm Hands, Warm Hearts, Youth in Action Group
Arts and Music Programs:
Animation Club, Big/Little Siblings, Mathletes
- Miss Porter's School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Notable Alumnae - www.porters.org/alumnae
- Submit Review for Miss Porter's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 236 students 8.8 miles230 Bushy Hill Road
6-12, PG (day)
Simsbury, CT 06070
6-12, PG (day)
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.