The Ethel Walker School
- Since 1911, Walker`s has been recognized as one of the nation`s finest college-preparatory schools for young women.
- The School empowers its students to lead with integrity, confidence, courage and conviction.
- Members of this diverse community are dedicated to scholarship, the arts, athletics, wellness and service. Walker's welcomes girls in grades 6 through 12.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|The Ethel Walker||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||175 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||251 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$17 million|
($36,250 Middle School)
|Tuition international students||$61,500||$47,400|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jenny Reynolds|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Walker's welcomes girls in grades 6-12, blending the strengths and advantages of boarding and day schools to create a vibrant learning community (boarding grades 9-12, day grades 6-12). The School offers more than 140 courses, with 19 AP classes and 22 honors sections, and expects our students to be involved in a variety of athletic and extra-curricular opportunities. Our graduates are fully prepared to succeed and excel at the college or university of their choice. Our location in Simsbury, CT is convenient to major airports and other transportation.
- School accreditations: NEASC, TABS, CAIS
- Submit Review for The Ethel Walker School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
September 05, 2017
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.
August 29, 2017
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
August 29, 2017
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.