The Ethel Walker School
- Since 1911, Walker`s has been recognized as one of the nation`s finest college-preparatory schools for young women.
- The School empowers its students to lead with integrity, confidence, courage and conviction.
- Members of this diverse community are dedicated to scholarship, the arts, athletics, wellness and service. Walker's welcomes girls in grades 6 through 12.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|The Ethel Walker||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||175 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||251 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||16||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$17 million|
($36,250 Middle School)
|Tuition international students||$61,500||$47,425|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jenny Reynolds|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Walker's welcomes girls in grades 6-12, blending the strengths and advantages of boarding and day schools to create a vibrant learning community (boarding grades 9-12, day grades 6-12). The School offers more than 140 courses, with 19 AP classes and 22 honors sections, and expects our students to be involved in a variety of athletic and extra-curricular opportunities. Our graduates are fully prepared to succeed and excel at the college or university of their choice. Our location in Simsbury, CT is convenient to major airports and other transportation.
- School accreditations: NEASC, TABS, CAIS
- Submit Review for The Ethel Walker School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
February 05, 2018
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.