Dana Hall School
Dana Hall School Photo #2 - Teams sports are not the only avenue for Dana students to gain the essential health benefits of fitness and athletics.
Dana Hall School Photo #3 - Enthusiasm, energy and passion abound on campus. Dana Hall students love their school and support each other.
Dana Hall School Photo #4 - At Dana Hall, a dorm is not just a place to sleep -- it's a home away from home, a personal space in a larger community, and the springboard for life skills and confidence that Dana students gain as they develop independence.
Dana Hall School Photo #5 - Step Sing - one of the many special traditions at Dana Hall. They're a little hard to explain, but traditions play an important role in life at Dana Hall School, serving not only as symbols of the past, but also staples in the present. These special activities also provide amazing opportunities for teamwork and organization.
Dana Hall School Photo #9 - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall's visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
- Dana Hall School: Girls Learning, Leading, Succeeding Located 12 miles west of Boston, Dana Hall is an all-girls day and boarding school for grades 5-12.
- Since its founding in 1881, Dana Hall has been committed to the education of young women, academic excellence and the encouragement of a well-rounded, balanced education.Teaching young women is what Dana Hall does best.Encouraged by strong role models, Dana Hall students find their voice; they learn to express their opinions and take on new challenges.They find confidence and strength, and they acquire the habits of hard work and the skills to succeed throughout their lives.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- College of William and Mary Emphasis on self determination. Empowered women in a time with little empowerment. Holistic yet traditional approach to education-all subjects given equal importance and delivered with equal rigor.Tuesday night family style dinners for boarders and. . .
- Garland Jr. College Dana Hall gave us the freedom to think, create, engage and learn from inspiring staff members. . .
- University of Illinois Traditions dating back to the 1800"s enrich the students live.Girls from all over the world attend, which makes a culturally rich environment for all. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Dana Hall School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||55 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||468 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1340||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$55 million||$19 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,186||$48,850|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$34,862||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||58%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Angela N. Brown|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nancy Mortarelli|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Latin, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||46||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
and Hallmanac, Architecture Club, Best Buddies, Big/Little Siblings, Blue Key, Bridge Club, Caritas Curing Cancer, China Care, Community Service Club, CREW, Disciplinary Council, Environment Club, Focus, French Club, Green Team, International Student Club, K2K (kid to kid tutoring), Kesher, Model UN, Peer Education, PRINTS: People Recognizing Injustices in Need of Thoughtful Solutions, Proctors, Robotics Club, Salaam, SHADES, Speech Team, Spiritual Life: AGAPE, Student Activities Committee, Student Council, Student Publications: Mirage, TED (Teen Empathy at Dana)
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber, Chorus, Dana Canvas, Dana Hall School of Music: instrumental lessons, Dance Club, Gospel
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aqua Aerobics, Life Guarding Certification, Riding, Rock Climbing, Ski Club, Strength and Conditioning, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, Yoga
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of St. Andrews||4|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Mission Statement: Dana Hall School is committed to fostering excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics within a vibrant, caring community. With emphasis on integrity, leadership, diversity, and service as well as on respect for self and others, Dana Hall provides its students with a unique opportunity to prepare themselves for the challenges and choices they will face as women and citizens of the world.
- Dana Hall School accreditations: NEASC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Dana Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 236 students 84.9 miles230 Bushy Hill Road
6-12, PG (day)
Simsbury, CT 06070
6-12, PG (day)
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.