Dana Hall School
Dana Hall School Photo #2 - Teams sports are not the only avenue for Dana students to gain the essential health benefits of fitness and athletics.
Dana Hall School Photo #3 - Enthusiasm, energy and passion abound on campus. Dana Hall students love their school and support each other.
Dana Hall School Photo #4 - At Dana Hall, a dorm is not just a place to sleep -- it's a home away from home, a personal space in a larger community, and the springboard for life skills and confidence that Dana students gain as they develop independence.
Dana Hall School Photo #5 - Step Sing - one of the many special traditions at Dana Hall. They're a little hard to explain, but traditions play an important role in life at Dana Hall School, serving not only as symbols of the past, but also staples in the present. These special activities also provide amazing opportunities for teamwork and organization.
Dana Hall School Photo #9 - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall's visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
- Dana Hall School: Girls Learning, Leading, Succeeding Located 12 miles west of Boston, Dana Hall is an all-girls day and boarding school for grades 5-12.
- Since its founding in 1881, Dana Hall has been committed to the education of young women, academic excellence and the encouragement of a well-rounded, balanced education.Teaching young women is what Dana Hall does best.Encouraged by strong role models, Dana Hall students find their voice; they learn to express their opinions and take on new challenges.They find confidence and strength, and they acquire the habits of hard work and the skills to succeed throughout their lives.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- College of William and Mary Emphasis on self determination. Empowered women in a time with little empowerment. Holistic yet traditional approach to education-all subjects given equal importance and delivered with equal rigor.Tuesday night family style dinners for boarders and. . .
- Garland Jr. College Dana Hall gave us the freedom to think, create, engage and learn from inspiring staff members. . .
- University of Illinois Traditions dating back to the 1800"s enrich the students live.Girls from all over the world attend, which makes a culturally rich environment for all. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Dana Hall School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||55 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||468 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1340||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$55 million||$20 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,186||$49,150|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$34,862||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||58%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Angela N. Brown|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nancy Mortarelli|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Latin, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||46||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
and Hallmanac, Architecture Club, Best Buddies, Big/Little Siblings, Blue Key, Boarding and Day Prefects, Bridge Club, Caritas Curing Cancer, China Care, Community Service Club, Disciplinary Council, Drumline, Environment Club, Focus, Foreign Sports Club, French Club, French/German Club, Inline Skating, International Cooking Club, Intramural Club, Kesher, Keyboarding, Model Club, Ping-Pong Club, Rock Climibing, Salaam, Spiritual Life: AGAPE, Student Publications: Mirage, TED (Teen Empathy at Dana), Teens in Action, Vegetarian Food and Cooking Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber, Chorale/Honors Chorale, Chorus, Dance Club, Legionnaire (Cadet Paper), Rocketry/Models
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aqua Aerobics, Culinary Training, Drama Productions, Legion of Mary, Steel Drum, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, Volley Ball, Yoga
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of St. Andrews||4|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Mission Statement: Dana Hall School is committed to fostering excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics within a vibrant, caring community. With emphasis on integrity, leadership, diversity, and service as well as on respect for self and others, Dana Hall provides its students with a unique opportunity to prepare themselves for the challenges and choices they will face as women and citizens of the world.
- Dana Hall School accreditations: NEASC
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Dana Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 236 students 84.9 miles230 Bushy Hill Road
6-12, PG (day)
Simsbury, CT 06070
6-12, PG (day)
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.