Dana Hall School
Dana Hall School Photo #2 - Experimentation. Exploration. Creativity. Dana Hall`s visual artists are sensitive observers of themselves and the world around them.
Dana Hall School Photo #3 - Dana Hall focuses on providing an education with purpose-one that is infused with helping girls navigate and articulate what's important to them.
Dana Hall School Photo #4 - Dana Hall students have school spirit. Here, you'll find friends you can count on.
Dana Hall School Photo #5 - Dana Hall actresses performing in the 2018 Fall play: The Laramie Project.
Dana Hall School Photo #6 - Dana Hall School fosters interest and excellence in underrepresented STEM subjects.
Dana Hall School Photo #7 - There's no better feeling than the sense of belonging, and girls find it easy to feel at home at Dana Hall.
Dana Hall School Photo #8 - Boarding at Dana Hall builds confidence, independence, life skills and lifelong friendships.
Dana Hall School Photo #10 - A view from Dana Hall's new outdoor arena at sunset. Since the 1930s, Dana Hall has offered a comprehensive riding program. Located right on campus, the Karen Stives '68 Equestrian Center offers complete stable facilities and classes ranging from beginner to advanced with instruction to suit every level of rider.
Mission Statement: Dana Hall School is committed to fostering excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics within a vibrant, caring community.
With emphasis on integrity, leadership, diversity, and service as well as on respect for self and others, Dana Hall provides its students with a unique opportunity to prepare themselves for the challenges and choices they will face as women and citizens of the world.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Emory University The relationships I had with my teachers will stick with me for the rest of my life. They encouraged me, challenged me, rooted for me, and wanted only the best for me and my classmates. . .
- University of Pennsylvania One thing unique about Dana is its horse stables. This is one of the main reasons why I was initially drawn to the school. I loved horses and wanted to learn horseback riding in boarding. . .
- College of William and Mary Emphasis on self determination. Empowered women in a time with little empowerment. Holistic yet traditional approach to education-all subjects given equal importance and delivered with equal rigor.Tuesday night family style dinners for boarders and. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Dana Hall School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||5-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||55 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||468 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1340||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||28||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$55 million||$24 million|
|Tuition international students||$63,500||$53,975|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$38,894||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||58%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Angela N. Brown|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nancy Mortarelli|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||18|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Latin, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||46||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
and Hallmanac, Architecture Club, Best Buddies, Big/Little Siblings, Blue Key, Boarding and Day Prefects, Bridge Club, Caritas Curing Cancer, China Care, Community Service Club, Disciplinary Council, Drumline, Environment Club, Focus, Foreign Sports Club, French Club, French/German Club, Inline Skating, International Cooking Club, Intramural Club, Kesher, Keyboarding, Model Club, Ping-Pong Club, Rock Climibing, Salaam, Spiritual Life: AGAPE, Student Publications: Mirage, TED (Teen Empathy at Dana), Teens in Action, Vegetarian Food and Cooking Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber, Chorale/Honors Chorale, Chorus, Dance Club, Legionnaire (Cadet Paper), Rocketry/Models
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Aqua Aerobics, Culinary Training, Drama Productions, Legion of Mary, Steel Drum, Swimming, Ultimate Frisbee, Volley Ball, Yoga
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of St. Andrews||4|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At Dana Hall School, we have high expectations and know that academicexcellence is best realized in girls when their social and emotional needs are equally considered with their intellect. Students work through a vigorous curriculum and choosebetween a variety of electives. Healthy enrichment and support are the norms. Students openly dive in to topics from many angles. This allows each student, with intention, to listen deeply to perspectives and develop values that are most effective for her.
- Our current curriculum and legacy of teaching girls how they learn best energize our community. Every girl engages in studies in arts and sciences and exercises creative and critical thinking. As a result, Dana graduates are exceptionally prepared to tacklechallenges at college, and beyond.
- Dana Hall students prosper, form bonds and a lasting network, on our campus and across the globe. This unique combination of opportunity and encouragement empowers each student to bring courage to all that she does while at Dana and in her future.
- Dana Hall School accreditations: NEASC
Profile last updated: 07/30/2020
- Submit Review for Dana Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG| 236 students 84.9 miles230 Bushy Hill Road
6-12, PG (day)
Simsbury, CT 06070
(860) 408-420084.97-12, PG236
6-12, PG (day)
The pandemic has upended our lives in ways we never imagined. Heads of school also have been impacted as they try to plan for the future. Concerns about enrolment, community safety, and the school's finances are just a few of their worries.
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.
You've tried everything but still your child has serious issues. Perhaps it's time to think about sending him to a residential therapeutic school.