280 King Street East
Brockville K6V1E2, Canada
Brockville K6V1E2, Canada
- Fulford Academy is a private International Boarding School (Grades 7 to 10) located in Brockville, Ontario Canada.
- We strive to provide our international students with the necessary linguistic and academic skills to gain success in the North American learning environment.
- We actively teach adaptation to North American cultural values, social norms, and expectations.
- Fulford Academy`s four distinctive academic programs are designed to meet the needs of international students who wish to complete their education in English. Fulford Academy provides students from all over the world with a caring learning environment where they gain the academic qualifications, the linguistic ability and the personal confidence to be very competitive for admission to North America`s top boarding schools.
- We pride ourselves on our commitment to fully develop the unique potential in each of our students.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(White dress shirt/ blouse, grey pants/ skirts)
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(Middle School-/ESL-Foundation-/High School Program)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Johanna Ziegler|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||23 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Kayaking, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Animation & Visual Arts, Badminton Club, Board Game Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Drums, Equestrian Club, Fitness Club, Guitar Club, Piano, Quidditch, Reading, Table Tennis|
- Our intimate classes of 8 to 12 students ensure that all students receive a superior level of academic preparation and exceptional English as a Second Language (ESL) support. This extra attention enables students to improve their English skills as they study Math, Science, Geography, History, English Literature and other subjects. Language learning is integrated into all courses; we facilitate our students` English development as they progress through their course curriculum.
- Many schools provide language instruction and support the development of better communication skills, but language acquisition is only one of four aspects of our programs. While English language development is a core emphasis, we also focus on preparing our students to excel in the North American boarding school environment. We teach and model the expectations and our students learn how to be successful. We also actively teach Canadian culture, both to provide a solid context for learning and to allow our students to be fully engaged in the local and Global community. Lastly, we know that learning in Canada and the US can be quite different from a student`s home country, so we teach our students how to thrive in the various types of activities that are prevalent in a modern Canadian classroom.
- A Fulford teacher is not only well qualified in their teachable subjects, they also have advanced ESL (English as a Second Language) certification to allow them to better support our students with their language development. Our teachers provide an exceptional level of support in a small state of the art classroom environment, allowing students to improve their English skills while studying Ontario curriculum. To integrate language learning in all subjects, additional time has been added to our classes to allow for extra activities and support. The goal for all of our students is to master grade-level subject content while improving their English skills.
- In our small, safe and caring community, students are nurtured and challenged to reach their full potential in all aspects of their school life, both inside and outside of the classroom. Through our Residential Life Program students learn to thrive at a boarding school. In our weekly formal dorm meetings and through all of our programming, we teach students how to be a positive addition to a boarding school community, how to handle situations with maturity and how to become a strong, independent person.
- With Fulford Academy`s extraordinary personalized placement services, we take the time to get to know each student. Through Kendall & Associates Educational Consulting, we talk one-on-one with the students to better understand their academic strengths, extra-curricular interests and career aspirations. Fulford Academy over the years has developed strong partnerships with top boarding schools across North America. Each of our partner schools has different areas of excellence and with our understanding of each student we guide them to the schools that will best nurture their personal talents as well as their academic aspirations.
Submit Review for Fulford Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 207.8 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
Grades: 8-12 | 580 students 2223.1 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
Grades: 9-12| 715 students 58.7 miles362 Mariposa Avenue
Ottawa, Canada K1M0T3
May 25, 2017
Financing a boarding school education can be very confusing for many parents. Here are some strategies to help you understand your options.
May 25, 2017
You need to know what is being taught before you decide which boarding school is best for you.
May 25, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.