280 King Street East
Brockville K6V1E2, Canada
Brockville K6V1E2, Canada
Tel: (613) 341-9330
Fulford Academy is a coeducational, private day and boarding school located in Brockville, Ontario Canada.
We accept local students in our Day Program. Our Boarding Program includes students from across Canada and internationally.
Fulford Academy offers grades 6 to 12, leading to the renowned OSSD - Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Starting in grades 9 and 10, pre-Advanced Placement (AP) is integrated into our curriculum.
Our specialized academic offerings include ESL Prep, University Prep, a Dual Diploma Program, Online Courses, and Academic Summer School.
Fulford Academy`s unique curriculum with highly differentiated instruction, intensive language support, an emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Arts (STEM +A) ensures competitive admission to global educational institutions.
Students enjoy the privileges of a dynamic Academic and Residential/Student Life program enriched with many social and cultural activities, and they flourish as individuals.
Gaining a genuine perspective of Canadian culture, our students are stimulated to embrace new opportunities and gain confidence through trips, extra-curricular activities and local volunteer & leadership opportunities.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to fully develop the unique potential in each of our students.
We offer popular summer programs for international students, 3, 4, and 7-week programs.
We offer a wide range of activities in the local community and trips to Ottawa and Montreal.
- Fulford Academy Alumni Spotlight: Anna Pronnet - 06/18/2019 - "Fulford was my family, not just my school. Here the students become your siblings, not just other students. The bigger ones take care of the smaller ones and the school ...morereally is a community." Anna Pronnet hide
- Continuous Learning by Fulford Academy Teachers - 05/25/2019 - Fulford Academy teachers have a commitment to continuous learning, in order to bring new ideas and innovation into the classroom for our students.Mrs. Sarah MacMillan is one example of this ...morepractice. Mrs. MacMillan graduated yesterday with a Masters of Education from Queen`s University with a specific focus of classroom specialist. hide
- Post-Secondary Update: Fulford Academy Class of 2019 - 05/23/2019 - Spring has sprung in Brockville and our graduating class is feeling excited about their future! Graduation is around the corner and we are very happy to announce that all of ...moreour Grade 12 Fulford Academy students have been accepted into post-secondary schools in various disciplines in Canada and all over the world. hide
- This is #myfulford: A chat with the Dean of Students at Fulford Academy, Devin Payne - 04/28/2019 - Fulford Academy students are heavily involved in the Brockville community. Brockville as a small city, has many different community projects, fundraisers and volunteering opportunities for students to get involved in. ...moreDevin Payne, our Dean of Students, finds the right opportunities for students to give back to the greater community of Brockville. hide
- This is #myfulford: A chat with a Guidance Counsellor at Fulford Academy, Victoria Renner - 04/15/2019 - Learning about the possibilities of your future is a strong focus at Fulford Academy. Students begin to learn about career possibilities in Grade 10 and spend considerable time with our ...moreFulford Guidance Counsellors to prepare them for their post-secondary journey and beyond. hide
- This is #myfulford: A chat with a Head Residential Advisor at Fulford Academy, Greg Lehman - 04/02/2019 - One of our head residential advisors Greg Lehman spoke with Admissions Officer Steve Joudoin to discuss residence life at Fulford Academy for our boarding students. At Fulford, we have Canadian ...moreand international students who live at Fulford during the school year and also in our summer programs. Fulford Academy fosters a family-like atmosphere for students, and once you walk through the front hall, you begin to experience it, whether in the classroom, at meals or during activities and evening clubs at the dormitory. hide
- This is #myfulford: A chat with Basketball Coach Taylor Ryan at Fulford Academy - 03/28/2019 - Fulford Academy offers many choices for students in our athletics department. In this video, Fulford Academy teacher and basketball coach Taylor Ryan explains how integral sports is at Fulford.
- The Future of Online Learning Has Arrived at Fulford Academy! - 03/21/2019 - Fulford Academy is excited to announce Fulford Online. This new offering is ideal for High school students who need flexibility in their busy schedule, and want the option of taking ...more1-2 online courses a semester. International high school students who are interested in gaining an advantage in their university application, and want a Canadian high school diploma, alongside a diploma from their home country. hide
- Brockville: The Perks of Studying in a Safe and Beautiful Canadian City - 12/28/2018 - Are you looking for a boarding school for your child that is situated in a quiet and safe place? Fulford Academy is located in Brockville, Ontario, Canada a small ...moreand peaceful city situated on the shores of the beautiful St. Lawrence River. hide
- Advanced Placement in High School Curriculum: Fact Versus Fiction - 12/16/2018 - Advanced Placement (AP) is a program designed to teach high school students university-level curriculum in grades 11 and 12. If a student has a high score in their AP examinations, ...morethey may be granted course credits and advance to second-year courses upon acceptance to a university. hide
- ...read more
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 6-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||4 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(White dress shirt/ blouse, grey pants/ skirts)
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||14|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$4,000|
(3 Week Camp: $4,000 4 Week Program: $6,425 7 Week Program: $10,995 Prices in Canadian dollars)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(Includes custodian, textbooks, workbooks, medical )
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Cristy Drake|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||14|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language and Composition (Grade 11), AP English Literature, AP Physics 1 (Grade 11), AP Physics 2, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP United States History (Grade 11), AP World History: Modern|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||19 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Board Game Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Media Arts, Reading, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Animation & Visual Arts, Drums, Guitar Club, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Basketball Club, Dance Club, Equestrian Club, Fitness Club, Soccer Club, Swimming, Table Tennis
At Fulford Academy, we strive to provide our students with the necessary linguistic and academic skills to gain success in the Global learning environment. We actively teach adaptation to Canadian cultural values and social norms and cultivate enquiring minds to develop critical thinking ability. Our students will build their sensitivity to local and Global issues through the application of scientific, technological, and cultural knowledge to real world problems.In our inclusive and nurturing community, we are dedicated to the individual success of each student. Fulford Academy`s students will be academically successful, leaders in their future education and careers, and in the broader community. Our students will be committed to promoting respect for the rights of others; they will be considerate and appreciative of human differences, and of the constructive expression of ideas.Students with beginner to native English speakers will benefit from our unique and rewarding programs for additional language learning. Small class sizes and additional hours of instruction ensure individual attention, personalized support and success in our English-only environment. All Fulford Academy teachers are members of the Ontario College of Teachers. Teachers also have advanced ESL (English as a Second Language) certification to allow them to better support our students with their language development. Our teachers provide an exceptional level of support in a small classroom environment, allowing students to improve their academic skills while studying Ontario curriculum. To integrate STEM+A learning in all subjects, additional time has been added to our classes to allow for extra activities and support. The goal for all our students is to master grade-level subject content.We retain a wonderful diversity of cultures and varied viewpoints in our classrooms, because we do not "stream" for academic or language proficiency. To ensure that all students can learn effectively, we use a highly differentiated method of instruction and assessment. We provide choices so our students can personalize their learning activities; our teachers hold students accountable by making the curriculum expectations clear from the outset, and coach to ensure that each student meets these goals through the activities; we actively promote more complex thought processes through an integration of the disciplines, as applied to open ended questions and real-life problem solving and projects.Courses offered include:
- Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- ESL Prep
- University Prep
- 4 Week Summer School - Orientation Program
- 7 Week Summer School - Credit Program
- Dual High School Diploma Program STEM + Arts is an integrated approach to learning which involves a cross curricular connection between two or more standards from Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and the Arts to be taught AND assessed in and through each other. The primary focus of STEM + A is: inquiry, collaboration, and process-based learning.The international boarding experience is a fundamental aspect of the student experience at Fulford Academy. In our small, safe and caring community, our Residential Life Program is structured to be a social and interactive engagement, preparing students to be both academically and socially successful in a North American Boarding School environment. Our commitment is to nurture and challenge our students to reach their full potential with the intention of embracing our three core values of Courage, Respect and Wisdom.Check out our youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCedrLfsFXA7U247BsHEwHUw
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Brett Dong - Presently, Brett is a registered architect working with Perkins Eastman in New York City, he is a founding member of Gallery JJ in Seoul, and a lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania. He also serves as an undergrad mentor at the University of Toronto.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Fulford Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 550 students 2222.8 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.