- Fulford Academy is a coeducational, private day and boarding school located in Brockville, Ontario Canada.
- Fulford Academy offers grades 7 to 12, leading to the renowned OSSD - Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- Our specialized academic offerings include ESL Prep, University Prep, a Dual Diploma Program and Academic Summer School.
- Fulford Academy`s unique curriculum with highly differentiated instruction, intensive language support and emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Arts (STEM +A) ensures competitive admission to global educational institutions.
- Students enjoy the privileges of a dynamic Academic and Residential/Student Life program enriched with many social and cultural activities, and they flourish as individuals.
- Gaining a genuine perspective of Canadian culture, our students are stimulated to embrace new opportunities and gain confidence through trips, extra-curricular activities and local volunteer & leadership opportunities.
- We pride ourselves on our commitment to fully develop the unique potential in each of our students.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12, PG|
|Campus Size||4 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(White dress shirt/ blouse, grey pants/ skirts)
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(Includes custodian, textbooks, workbooks, medical )
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Johanna Ziegler|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||19 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Board Game Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Media Arts, Reading, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Animation & Visual Arts, Drums, Guitar Club, Piano
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Basketball Club, Dance Club, Equestrian Club, Fitness Club, Soccer Club, Swimming, Table Tennis
At Fulford Academy, we strive to provide our students with the necessary linguistic and academic skills to gain success in the Global learning environment. We actively teach adaptation to Canadian cultural values and social norms and cultivate enquiring minds to develop critical thinking ability. Our students will build their sensitivity to local and Global issues through the application of scientific, technological, and cultural knowledge to real world problems.In our inclusive and nurturing community, we are dedicated to the individual success of each student. Fulford Academy`s students will be academically successful, leaders in their future education and careers, and in the broader community. Our students will be committed to promoting respect for the rights of others; they will be considerate and appreciative of human differences, and of the constructive expression of ideas.Students with beginner to native English speakers will benefit from our unique and rewarding programs for additional language learning. Small class sizes and additional hours of instruction ensure individual attention, personalized support and success in our English-only environment. All Fulford Academy teachers are members of the Ontario College of Teachers. Teachers also have advanced ESL (English as a Second Language) certification to allow them to better support our students with their language development. Our teachers provide an exceptional level of support in a small classroom environment, allowing students to improve their academic skills while studying Ontario curriculum. To integrate STEM+A learning in all subjects, additional time has been added to our classes to allow for extra activities and support. The goal for all our students is to master grade-level subject content.We retain a wonderful diversity of cultures and varied viewpoints in our classrooms, because we do not "stream" for academic or language proficiency. To ensure that all students can learn effectively, we use a highly differentiated method of instruction and assessment. We provide choices so our students can personalize their learning activities; our teachers hold students accountable by making the curriculum expectations clear from the outset, and coach to ensure that each student meets these goals through the activities; we actively promote more complex thought processes through an integration of the disciplines, as applied to open ended questions and real-life problem solving and projects.Courses offered include:
- Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- High School (Grades 9-12)
- ESL Prep
- University Prep
- 4 Week Summer School - Orientation Program
- 7 Week Summer School - Credit Program
- Dual High School Diploma Program STEM + Arts is an integrated approach to learning which involves a cross curricular connection between two or more standards from Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and the Arts to be taught AND assessed in and through each other. The primary focus of STEM + A is: inquiry, collaboration, and process-based learning.The international boarding experience is a fundamental aspect of the student experience at Fulford Academy. In our small, safe and caring community, our Residential Life Program is structured to be a social and interactive engagement, preparing students to be both academically and socially successful in a North American Boarding School environment. Our commitment is to nurture and challenge our students to reach their full potential with the intention of embracing our three core values of Courage, Respect and Wisdom.Check out our youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCedrLfsFXA7U247BsHEwHUw
- Submit Review for Fulford Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 580 students 2223.1 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.