J. Addison School
J. Addison School Photo #2 - J. Addison graduates achieved 100% Post-Secondary Acceptance Rate year after year. Our Students' Success Is Our Success!
J. Addison School Photo #3 - J. Addison graduates received exclusive scholarships from York University as part of our Pathway Program partnership.
J. Addison School Photo #4 - The Addison Advantage: Personalized Guidance and Care to guide our students through important milestones.
J. Addison School Photo #5 - The Addison Advantage: State of the art facilities, amenities & technology.
J. Addison School Photo #6 - The Addison Advantage: "Focus For Success" program provides students the opportunity to explore and develop their strengths and inner talents.
J. Addison School Photo #7 - Cafe J is the school's cafeteria serving up nutritious and flavorful meals 3 times a day.
J. Addison School Photo #8 - J. Addison currently has 3 fully equipped residences, providing a home away from home for our international students.
- J. Addison School is a private boarding high school offering Ontario Ministry of Education-certified courses to both local and international students. The school is located in our modern 60,000 square foot building, with the main floor featuring a spacious cafeteria, dance studio, and large gymnasium with dressing rooms and showers. The second floor features large classrooms, staff room, admissions offices, and state-of-the-art science and visual art labs. Our high school, elementary and montessori programs are delviered by experienced, qualified and personable teachers. Many of our secondary school graduates enroll in prestigious universities right here in Toronto, including the University of Toronto and York University.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|J. Addison School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Campus Size||3 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:15|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||8|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Lee Venditti|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||8|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English, Physics, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||3 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Indoor Soccer|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
"Project X" service opportunities, Board Game Club, Creative Writing Magazine, Enviro-thon, Mathematics Club, Meteorology Club at Taft (MCAT), Science, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Music, Speech and Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet and Alternative Dance Program, House vs. House Sports Competitions, Sports, Vocal and Instrumental
Our Missionis to provide non-denominational educational programs of superior quality, specifically designed to enable each and every student at every age level to fully harness their intellectual, social, and emotional potential.Passion, Courage, Trust At J. Addison School, we strongly believe that intellectual education encompasses academic achievements as well as personal accomplishments. We provide guidance and care to allow for the development of universal skills and the cultivation of moral values that are vital to the comprehensive development of our new generation.Respect, Innovation, Compassion At J. Addison School, students from all over the world benefit from each other`s differences in background and experiences. This allows for comprehension and appreciation of the vast cultural diversity that exists, but also promotes a realistic, acute sense of world economy and international cultures. We strive for all J. Addison School students to become respectable and responsible global citizens.The 7 Pillars of the Addison Advantage:
- Safe and Inclusive Learning Environment: At J. Addison School, we embrace the multiculturalism that is vibrant in Canada by valuing the diverse backgrounds and experiences of students from all over the world. This facilitates our goal to nurture a harmonious, safe and secure learning and living environment. Our campus dormitories are supervised 24 hours per day by our on-site staff to provide extensive care and support to students at any time, allowing them to focus on their studies.
- Individualized "Focus For Success" Programming: At J. Addison School, our professional and experienced Guidance Counsellors work meticulously with each and every student to determine their potential and interests and clarify their developmental goals. This will facilitate the planning of their educational program to ensure future success.
- Dedicated Administrative Team and Academic Staff: At J. Addison School, from the Board of Directors, Administration team to the teachers and staff, we provide unlimited academic guidance and inspiration to students, as these are necessary criteria for success. Student academic progress is monitored regularly to ensure students have a precise understanding of their educational performance, abilities and goals.
- Technology-integrated Methodologies: To supplement the traditional curriculum, our students learn with 21st Century technology which enables better engagement, encourages interaction; thus, strengthening both teaching and learning processes.
- Modern Resources and Facilities: At J. Addison School, we provide students with the most inclusive learning environment. With state-of-the-art classrooms, science laboratories, a multi-sport gymnasium, dance/fitness studio, music room, resourceful library, cafeteria with supervised nutritionist, and year-round dormitory residences, we truly can be every student`s optimal school of choice.
- Transparent Parent-School Communications: At J. Addison School, we encourage parents to be part of our learning community. We make great efforts to maintain regular contact and update parents with students` academic progress and dormitory life. We also work with parents diligently to oversee individual student needs to enable peace of mind for families.
- University Application Support: At J. Addison School, we provide students with all the support required to facilitate the University application process. This includes subject selection counseling, organized university visits and seminars, assistance with university applications, support and follow-up, so that our graduates are confident with their university decisions. Our absolute attention is one of the main reasons why J. Addison`s graduates have a 100% acceptance rate.
- Submit Review for J. Addison School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 650 students 2080.7 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
- Grades: 8-12| 998 students 2098.5 miles3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, Canada V8P 4P5
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.