J. Addison School
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 250 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $40,800
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $22,500
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
AP / Advanced Courses
"Project X" service opportunities, Board Game Club, Creative Writing Magazine, Enviro-thon, Mathematics Club, Meteorology Club at Taft (MCAT), Science, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Music, Speech and Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet and Alternative Dance Program, House vs. House Sports Competitions, Sports, Vocal and Instrumental
Our Missionis to provide non-denominational educational programs of superior quality, specifically designed to enable each and every student at every age level to fully harness their intellectual, social, and emotional potential.Passion, Courage, TrustAt J. Addison School, we strongly believe that intellectual education encompasses academic achievements as well as personal accomplishments. We provide guidance and care to allow for the development of universal skills and the cultivation of moral values that are vital to the comprehensive development of our new generation.Respect, Innovation, CompassionAt J. Addison School, students from all over the world benefit from each other`s differences in background and experiences. This allows for comprehension and appreciation of the vast cultural diversity that exists, but also promotes a realistic, acute sense of world economy and international cultures. We strive for all J. Addison School students to become respectable and responsible global citizens.The 7 Pillars of the Addison Advantage:
- Safe and Inclusive Learning Environment: At J. Addison School, we embrace the multiculturalism that is vibrant in Canada by valuing the diverse backgrounds and experiences of students from all over the world. This facilitates our goal to nurture a harmonious, safe and secure learning and living environment. Our campus dormitories are supervised 24 hours per day by our on-site staff to provide extensive care and support to students at any time, allowing them to focus on their studies.
- Individualized "Focus For Success" Programming: At J. Addison School, our professional and experienced Guidance Counsellors work meticulously with each and every student to determine their potential and interests and clarify their developmental goals. This will facilitate the planning of their educational program to ensure future success.
- Dedicated Administrative Team and Academic Staff: At J. Addison School, from the Board of Directors, Administration team to the teachers and staff, we provide unlimited academic guidance and inspiration to students, as these are necessary criteria for success. Student academic progress is monitored regularly to ensure students have a precise understanding of their educational performance, abilities and goals.
- Technology-integrated Methodologies: To supplement the traditional curriculum, our students learn with 21st Century technology which enables better engagement, encourages interaction; thus, strengthening both teaching and learning processes.
- Modern Resources and Facilities: At J. Addison School, we provide students with the most inclusive learning environment. With state-of-the-art classrooms, science laboratories, a multi-sport gymnasium, dance/fitness studio, music room, resourceful library, cafeteria with supervised nutritionist, and year-round dormitory residences, we truly can be every student`s optimal school of choice.
- Transparent Parent-School Communications: At J. Addison School, we encourage parents to be part of our learning community. We make great efforts to maintain regular contact and update parents with students` academic progress and dormitory life. We also work with parents diligently to oversee individual student needs to enable peace of mind for families.
- University Application Support: At J. Addison School, we provide students with all the support required to facilitate the University application process. This includes subject selection counseling, organized university visits and seminars, assistance with university applications, support and follow-up, so that our graduates are confident with their university decisions. Our absolute attention is one of the main reasons why J. Addison`s graduates have a 100% acceptance rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does J. Addison School cost?
J. Addison School's tuition is approximately $40,800 for boarding students and $22,500 for day students.
What sports does J. Addison School offer?
J. Addison School offers 3 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Basketball and Indoor Soccer.
What is J. Addison School's ranking?
J. Addison School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percentage of international students.
When is the application deadline for J. Addison School?
The application deadline for J. Addison School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).