- Each day, Branksome Hall challenges and inspires girls to love learning and to shape a better world.
- Established in 1903-and now a leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School-Branksome Hall is Toronto's only all-girls, all years IB World School.
- Located on a picturesque 13-acre campus, Branksome Hall offers the unique combination of a wellness mindset, strong academics and global engagement opportunities.
- Branksome has a new state-of-the-art Athletics and Wellness Centre, featuring a gymnasium, two saltwater pools, yoga and dance studios, and a dining hall with outdoor terraces.
- Through our exciting exchange program, students can visit several countries and immerse themselves in new cultures.
- Our graduates are welcomed by the leading universities in Canada and around the world, almost all with scholarships. Discover Branksome Hall`s remarkable programs and campus at www.branksome.on.ca.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||13 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average ACT score||26|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform with kilt)
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Endowment Size||$17.1 million|
(Boarding fees $24,745)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kimberly Carter|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Ashli MacInnis|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||47 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Architecture Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Business Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Classics Club, Creative, Culinary Club, Debate Club, Detective, Drama Club, Film Club, French Club, Games Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Gender Equity Club, Global, Innovation, KILT, Knitting, Mandarin, Marine, Medical, Nature, Neuroscience, OBA, Photography, Pi-Landers, Science, SLOGAN, Social, UCC, Women's, Writers
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber, Exuberance, Fashion Club, Green, Guitar Club, Music, Senior, Stage
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Dance Club, Rock, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- 13-acre downtown campus
- Athletics and Wellness Centre
- IB programs: JK to Grade 12
- Leadership opportunities
- Tennis courts and playing fields
- Laptop program
- International student exchanges
- ESL and international languages
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) opportunities
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- School accreditations: IB, TABS, CAIS, CIS, NAIS, NCGS, CASE, CCAE
- Submit Review for Branksome Hall
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12 | 260 students 389 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 195 students 57.8 miles205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.