- Each day, Branksome Hall challenges and inspires girls to love learning and to shape a better world.
- Established in 1903-and now a leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School-Branksome Hall is Toronto's only all-girls, all years IB World School.
- Located on a picturesque 13-acre campus, Branksome Hall's IB Advantage for Girls uniquely integrates well-being, outstanding academics and international mindedness for students to become impactful leaders.
- Branksome's state-of-the-art Athletics and Wellness Centre, featuring a gymnasium, two saltwater pools, yoga and dance studios, and a dining hall with outdoor terraces.
- Through our exciting exchange program, students can visit several countries and immerse themselves in new cultures, including our Sister School, Branksome Hall Asia on Jeju Island, South Korea
- Our graduates are welcomed by the leading universities in Canada and around the world, almost all with scholarships.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||13 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average ACT score||26|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform with kilt)
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Endowment Size||$20 million|
(Boarding fees $28735)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kimberly Carter|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Ashli MacInnis|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||47 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Animation Club, Architecture Club, Astronomy Club, Book Club, Business Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Classics Club, Creative, Culinary Club, Debate Club, Detective, Drama Club, Film Club, French Club, Games Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Gender Equity Club, Global, Innovation, KILT, Knitting, Mandarin, Marine, Medical, Nature, Neuroscience, OBA, Photography, Pi-Landers, Science, SLOGAN, Social, UCC, Women's, Writers
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber, Exuberance, Fashion Club, Green, Guitar Club, Music, Senior, Stage
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Club, Dance Club, Rock, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- 13-acre downtown campus
- Athletics and Wellness Centre
- IB programs: JK to Grade 12
- Leadership opportunities
- Tennis courts, rock climbing wall, two salt-water pools and a playing field
- One-to-one techology and laptop program
- International student exchanges
- ESL and international languages
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) opportunities
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- Branksome Hall accreditations: IB, TABS, CAIS, CIS, NAIS, NCGS, CASE, CCAE
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Branksome Hall
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12 | 263 students 388.9 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 195 students 57.8 miles205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.