Bishop's College School
80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec J1M 1Z8, Canada
Sherbrooke, Quebec J1M 1Z8, Canada
Tel: (819)566-0238 Ext. 296
Bishop's College School Photo #2 - Surrounded by mountains, rivers, and lakes, BCS is less than two hours east of Montreal. Our small, welcoming community was established in 1836.
Bishop's College School Photo #3 - We get together every morning for special presentations, performances, and announcements in "Chapel", our morning assembly.
Bishop's College School Photo #4 - In science class, students conduct many experiments both inside and outside of the classroom. We offer individualized attention and enrichment opportunities.
Bishop's College School Photo #5 - Each room is shared by two students and includes workspace and storage. On weekends, students take part in a variety of fun activities, including: skiing/snowboarding, movies, go-karting, shopping, dances, sporting events, talent shows, and more
Bishop's College School Photo #6 - Though our campus is bordered by farmland and rolling hills, we're still close to major metropolitan areas. Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto and more are all within driving distance, and students have the opportunity to visit them a few times a year.
Bishop's College School Photo #7 - All students participate in one of our 21 sport options. BCS athletic facilities include an on-campus indoor hockey rink, two full-size basketball courts, a 40-foot climbing wall, three international squash courts and a fitness centre. Outdoor facilities include six sports fields, three tennis courts, a softball field, and several kilometres of wooded cross-country trails.
Bishop's College School Photo #8 - The BCS drama program offers students a chance to challenge themselves onstage and behind the scenes. Two major productions take place each year in our state of the art black box theatre.
Bishop's College School Photo #9 - With four bands (marching, junior, senior, stage), a choir, and the chance to perform at events throughout the year, music is well-integrated into life at BCS.
- Located in Sherbrooke, Quebec, BCS is a perfect blend of picturesque landscapes,historic architecture and modern facilities.
- We provide the ideal starting point for your departure into a whole new world of higher learning and discovery.
- The very essence of BCS is the strength of its academic program.
- We are not only dedicated to preparing young people for university, but for a lifetime of achievement and fulfillment.
- Small classes, passionate teachers, a dynamic and challenging academic program and an enriching campus life that develops creative and athletic potential are all found at BCS.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Bishop's College School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||250 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||25|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$4,400|
(The 2020 fee for the four-week program is $4,400 for Canadian students and $5,100 for all other students.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$25 million|
(2019-20: $25,000 for Canadian Students)
|Tuition international students||$66,100|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Mr. Greg McConnell|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Ms. Gingi Sheppard|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||24 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Golf, Ice Hockey, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Riding, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Bigs and Littles, Comic Con, Dining Hall Committee, Dungeons and Dragons, Environmental Club, Grad Committee, Model UN Club, News Club, Pride Alliance, Robotics, Round Square Committee, Student Life Committee, Winter Carnival Committee, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Coffee House, Inscape literary magazine, Players' Club, Talent Shows
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Beach Volleyball, Mini Soccer World Cup, Recreational hockey, Three-on-three basketball
- LD types supported: most mild to moderate learning differences
- Bishop's College School accreditations: TABS, CAIS, QAIS, IB World School, Duke of Edinburgh
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- David Atkinson - Canadian baritone and New York Broadway actor/singer
- John Bland - Emeritus Professor of Architecture at McGill University
- Selwyn G. Blaylock - President of the Canadian Institute of Mining; established the Selwyn G. Blaylock Medal.
- Major-General Sir Henry Edward Burstall - of the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery; G.O.C. of 2nd Canadian Division
- Charles Sandwith Campbell - lawyer & Governor of McGill; established the Campbell Concerts & Parks at Montreal
- Jake Eberts - award-winning film producer of Chariots of Fire, Gandhi, Dances with Wolves & Chicken Run
- Reginald Fessenden - Inventor, possibly the first to have transmitted voice and music by radio
- Senator Hartland de Montarville Molson - of the Molson Brewery and former owner of the Montreal Canadiens
- George Hurst - Chief Conductor of the BBC Philharmonic; visiting professor at the Royal Academy of Music in London
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Bishop's College School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.