Bishop's College School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 7-12
- Enrollment: 285 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $75,710
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $30,000
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Bishop's College School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
(2022-23: $63,750 for Canadian Boarding Students and $75,710 for International Boarding Students. )
(2022-23: $30,000 for Canadian Day Students and $51,000 for International Day Students.)
(The 2022 fee for the four-week program is $3,500 for Canadian Day students, $4,700 for Canadian Boarding students, and $5,400 for International Boarding students.)
Bigs and Littles, Comic Con, Dining Hall Committee, Dungeons and Dragons, Environmental Club, Grad Committee, Model UN Club, News Club, Pride Alliance, Robotics, Round Square Committee, Student Life Committee, Winter Carnival Committee, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Coffee House, Inscape literary magazine, Players' Club, Talent Shows
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Beach Volleyball, Mini Soccer World Cup, Recreational hockey, Three-on-three basketball
- LD types supported: most mild to moderate learning differences
- Bishop's College School accreditations: TABS, CAIS, QAIS, IB World School, Duke of Edinburgh
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- David Atkinson - Canadian baritone and New York Broadway actor/singer
- John Bland - Emeritus Professor of Architecture at McGill University
- Selwyn G. Blaylock - President of the Canadian Institute of Mining; established the Selwyn G. Blaylock Medal.
- Major-General Sir Henry Edward Burstall - of the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery; G.O.C. of 2nd Canadian Division
- Charles Sandwith Campbell - lawyer & Governor of McGill; established the Campbell Concerts & Parks at Montreal
- Jake Eberts - award-winning film producer of Chariots of Fire, Gandhi, Dances with Wolves & Chicken Run
- Reginald Fessenden - Inventor, possibly the first to have transmitted voice and music by radio
- Senator Hartland de Montarville Molson - of the Molson Brewery and former owner of the Montreal Canadiens
- George Hurst - Chief Conductor of the BBC Philharmonic; visiting professor at the Royal Academy of Music in London
- Noah Dobson - Professional Ice Hockey Defenceman for the New York Islanders.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bishop's College School cost?
Bishop's College School's tuition is approximately $75,710 for boarding students and $30,000 for day students.
Who are famous alumni from Bishop's College School?
Bishop's College School famous alumni include: David Atkinson, John Bland, Selwyn G. Blaylock, Major-General Sir Henry Edward Burstall, Charles Sandwith Campbell, Jake Eberts, Reginald Fessenden, Senator Hartland de Montarville Molson, George Hurst and Noah Dobson.
What sports does Bishop's College School offer?
Bishop's College School offers 24 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Golf, Ice Hockey, Intramural Sports Only, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Riding, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee and Volleyball. Bishop's College School is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
Does Bishop's College School offer a summer program?
Yes, Bishop's College School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Bishop's College School's ranking?
Bishop's College School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for Bishop's College School?
The application deadline for Bishop's College School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).