- Located in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada, Stanstead College is a private boarding school for boys and girls in Grades 7 through 12.
- Surrounded by the rolling hills of Quebec and Vermont, Stanstead College is an English school that embraces French in and out of the classroom.
- With a student population of under 250, our school is also uniquely placed to open doors to top universities and colleges in the United States, Canada and around the world.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Concordia University Stanstead College is a very close-knit co-ed school, which I really liked because it allowed me to be close to everyone no matter the age or gender. I was able to make many friendships with. . .
- Queen's University and McGill University The dedication of teachers and staff is unbelievable at Stanstead. I don't think I've ever been to or heard of a school where teachers are that invested in both classes and extracurricular activities.School spirit. Everyone. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 7-12|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||10|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,900|
(CAD; $4800 CAD international students)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Joanne Carruthers|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Patrick Fraser|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- In keeping with the school motto - Sanitas, Sapientia, Religio or Health, Wisdom, Integrity - Stanstead College builds its program around the pillars of academics, athletics and student life. Academically, caring teachers and small class sizes are paired with rigorous academics and an advisor support system to help students become aware, self-disciplined young women and men prepared for life after high school. In addition, our University Guidance team works closely with senior students to assist them in determining and achieving their post-secondary goals.
- Based on the Quebec Ministry of Education curriculum in Grades 7 through 11, the Stanstead College academic program also offers a Grade 12 option that provides students with an intensive university preparatory experience, including many Advanced Placement (AP) options.
- Stanstead College`s structured athletics program encourages teamwork, fair play, perseverance and, above all, health. Each term, students participate in their choice of athletic options. The school is perhaps most famous for its elite varsity girls and boys hockey teams, which compete at the top high school levels in Canada and the U.S.
- Finally, students at Stanstead College enjoy the unforgettable experience of being part of a Canadian boarding school with an international student body. In addition to making lifelong friends, Stanstead students have endless opportunities to express themselves creatively and socially through clubs, weekend activities, school events as well as academic and service trips.
- Stanstead College accreditations: TABS, NEASC, CAIS
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Mark Jankowski - Class of 2012, Calgary Flames
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Stanstead College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 578 students 86.9 miles745 Main Street
Fryeburg, ME 04037
- Grades: 7-12 | 263 students 27.3 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.