Oliverian School Photo #3 - Our adventure classes provide students with plenty of opportunities to explore their connection with the great outdoors. Classes include climbing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, skiing, camping, and navigating the nearby aerial ropes course!
Oliverian is a non-profit, alternative, college-prep boarding school for adolescents who have not thrived in traditional settings.
We fill the gap between traditional and therapeutic schools, providing the right mix of support and guided independence necessary for students to successfully find and occupy their place in the world.
This experiential approach embraces both successes and setbacks as learning opportunities, fostering resiliency, and preparing students for the emotional, social, and academic demands of college and beyond.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Oliverian School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 294 schools) for:
Definition of Terms | 2022 School Data
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
Supports Learning Differences (LD)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- The Oliverian School is a non-profit, independent, alternative, coeducational, college preparatory, boarding school located in Pike, New Hampshire, serving students from 9th to 12th grade. The campus is situated in the White Mountains along the Oliverian Brook. Founded in 2003, Oliverian operates as a small school designed for students who have not felt at home or thrived in traditional school settings. Oliverian maintains a 1.3-to-1 ratio between students and faculty and over 90% of graduates matriculate directly to college or university.
- The school's typical enrollment size is 45 students, roughly equally split between boys and girls who are housed in 6 single-sex converted-farmhouse dormitories located on the main and East areas of the campus. Each dorm residence is supervised by a designated dormitory parent. Day-to-day operations are led by the head of school, who is appointed by a board of trustees. Matters relating to student life both in and outside of the classroom are overseen by deans and supporting faculty.
- Counseling: Oliverian has three full-time masters level or above therapists/counselors. Every student is assigned a therapist to work on the psychological/emotional issues that are challenging them, and led to their decision to attend Oliverian. Each therapist meets with their students for a minimum of once per week. Oftentimes, as needed, a student will see their therapist more than once a week. Additionally, a therapist may decide to involve the family in the counseling process.
- Academic Support: Every student is assigned an advisor. Each student will meet with their advisor daily to attend to any learning and/or social needs that are challenging them. The post-lunch meeting is to map out and address ongoing learning support for that student. The end-of-day check-in is to determine where they stand in preparation for support during their evening study hall. The advisor is also responsible for communicating directly with that student`s family once a week (every week).
- Summer Session: Oliverian's seven-week program provides both credit recovery and academic enhancement, live and in person, on our beautiful campus. Classrooms extend out into the fields, forests, streams, and mountains of the surrounding landscape. Oliverian's brilliant, warm, and engaging faculty nurture and guide students in rekindling their love of learning through both interdisciplinary and focused study of English, Social Studies, Math, Science, as well as our Pillars of Art, Adventure, and Stewardship. Skilled and experienced counselors and dorm parents support and challenge students to grow emotionally and socially. This is a holistic and relational experience of academic and personal growth in a beautiful little corner of New Hampshire.
- Oliverian School accreditations: The New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Oliverian School's ranking?
Oliverian School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percentage of boarding students, Small average class sizes and Low student:teacher ratio.
When is the application deadline for Oliverian School?
The application deadline for Oliverian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Preventing Teen Suicide
Teen suicide is the 3rd largest killer of young adults between the ages of 15-24. You and I can prevent it.
The Boarding School Application Process
Applying to boarding school requires completing a sheaf of forms. We look at how to accomplish this important task.
5 Common Myths About Military Schools
Military schools seem to go in and out of favor with the general public. Perhaps that has to do with some rather common misconceptions about what military schools are and how they operate. Let's take a look.