Oliverian is a non-profit, alternative, college-prep boarding school for adolescents who have not thrived in traditional settings.
We fill the gap between traditional and therapeutic schools, providing the right mix of support and guided independence necessary for students to successfully find and occupy their place in the world.
This experiential approach embraces both successes and setbacks as learning opportunities, fostering resiliency, and preparing students for the emotional, social, and academic demands of college and beyond.
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- The Oliverian School is a non-profit, independent, alternative, coeducational, college preparatory, boarding school located in Pike, New Hampshire, serving students from 9th to 12th grade. The campus is situated in the White Mountains along the Oliverian Brook. Founded in 2003, Oliverian operates as a small school designed for students who have not felt at home or thrived in traditional school settings. Oliverian maintains a 1.3-to-1 ratio between students and faculty and over 90% of graduates matriculate directly to college or university.
- The school's typical enrollment size is 45 students, roughly equally split between boys and girls who are housed in 6 single-sex converted-farmhouse dormitories located on the main and East areas of the campus. Each dorm residence is supervised by a designated dormitory parent. Day-to-day operations are led by the head of school, who is appointed by a board of trustees. Matters relating to student life both in and outside of the classroom are overseen by deans and supporting faculty.
- Counseling: Oliverian has three full-time masters level or above therapists/counselors. Every student is assigned a therapist to work on the psychological/emotional issues that are challenging them, and led to their decision to attend Oliverian. Each therapist meets with their students for a minimum of once per week. Oftentimes, as needed, a student will see their therapist more than once a week. Additionally, a therapist may decide to involve the family in the counseling process.
- Academic Support: Every student is assigned an advisor. Each student will meet with their advisor daily to attend to any learning and/or social needs that are challenging them. The post-lunch meeting is to map out and address ongoing learning support for that student. The end-of-day check-in is to determine where they stand in preparation for support during their evening study hall. The advisor is also responsible for communicating directly with that student`s family once a week (every week).
- Summer Session: Oliverian's seven-week program provides both credit recovery and academic enhancement, live and in person, on our beautiful campus. Classrooms extend out into the fields, forests, streams, and mountains of the surrounding landscape. Oliverian's brilliant, warm, and engaging faculty nurture and guide students in rekindling their love of learning through both interdisciplinary and focused study of English, Social Studies, Math, Science, as well as our Pillars of Art, Adventure, and Stewardship. Skilled and experienced counselors and dorm parents support and challenge students to grow emotionally and socially. This is a holistic and relational experience of academic and personal growth in a beautiful little corner of New Hampshire.
- Oliverian School accreditations: The New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Oliverian School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Oliverian School?
The application deadline for Oliverian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
January 21, 20245 Tips for Applying for a Boarding School Job
Whether you're a seasoned educator or just starting your teaching career, these tips will help you navigate the competitive landscape of boarding school job applications. Discover the strategies that can make your application stand out and increase your chances of landing a job at a boarding school.
January 19, 2024How I Made Latin One of the Most Popular Classes
Discover the fascinating journey of how Latin became one of the most popular classes in my school. Join me as I share my experiences, strategies, and insights from my years of teaching Latin, and making it an engaging and sought-after subject for students.
January 02, 2024Landing Your Dream Job in a Boarding School: Tips and Guidance
Discover the secrets to successfully securing a teaching position in a private school with our comprehensive guide. We'll walk you through the online application process, offer tips on polishing your application, and provide insights into the specific requirements and expectations of boarding schools. Whether you're a seasoned educator or new to the field, this article will help you stand out and land your dream job in a boarding school.