- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 416 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $70,760
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $56,795
- Acceptance rate: 29%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
A/V Club, Admissions Tour Guides, Art for All, Business Club, Club 1899, Community Service Advisory Board, Consortium (Literary Magazine), Debate Club, Did Jew Know (Religious Club), Environmental Sustainability Council, GSA (Gender Sexuality Alliance), LA Embassy, Men's Club, Moral Courage Task Force, PAWsitive Vibes, Rise Against Hunger, S[Hair], Spartan Leaders (Residential Life, New Students, International Students), Student Government - Executive Board, Student Government - Faculty-Student Senate, Student Government - Judiciary Council, Student Government Committees (Community Life, Food, Special Events, AAA-Academics, Arts & Athletics), The Lawrencian (Yearbook), The Politics Club, Umoja (Unity), Yard Games Club
Arts and Music Programs:
LA Singers, Lawrencian Chorale, Performing Artists Series, Private Vocal or Instrumental Instruction, Spring One Act Play Festival, Technical Theater
- Lawrence Academy embraces an individualized approach to learning in a highly collaborative community of 400 boarding and day students. LA features a balanced academic program of intellectual development, self-discovery, wellness, and a desire to serve the greater good. Our curriculum is supported by LA`s advisory program; daily meetings between adults and a group of 4-8 students. In the classroom, faculty teach students how to think, not what to think, and commit to recognizing, inspiring, supporting, and empowering students as learners and as people. For students seeking additional support, LA offers a Learning Support program to help students acquire the skills necessary to succeed in the LA classroom.
- Co-curricular activities are key to the LA experience. In our arts program, our Dance students are mainstays at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, while the LA Singers frequently grace the stage at Carnegie Hall. Young performers have a variety of music-focused courses, several vocal and instrumental performance groups and lessons available to them at Lawrence Academy. In addition to these on-campus offerings, Spartans are also encouraged to venture off campus for instrumental music studies at the nearby Groton Hill Music Center. Athletically, LA Spartans compete in the Independent School League and our student-athletes often move on to compete on NCAA squads. Clubs, diversity groups, and leadership roles of nearly every ilk also encourage students to develop in confidence and character.
- Winterim, LA`s two-week experiential education program, takes students outside the classroom. Science excursions to the Galapagos Islands, volunteering at a refugee camp in Greece, or exploring the legal system in Boston and Washington, D.C., are just a few of Winterim`s opportunities.
- Lawrence Academy accreditations: NEASC, TABS, NAIS, AISNE
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Tim Armstrong - AOL Chairman and CEO
- Dana Messina - CEO and Owner of Steinway Piano
- Audrey McNiff - Managing Director at Goldman Sachs
- Page McConnell - Keyboard Player for Phish
- Steve Heinze - '88 Olympian in Men's Hockey and Former NHL player for Boston Bruins and LA Kings
- Laurie Baker - Three time Olympian in women's hockey
- Antoine Wright - NBA player for Dallas Mavericks
- Tyler Beede - Player for the San Francisco Giants
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lawrence Academy cost?
Lawrence Academy's tuition is approximately $70,760 for boarding students and $56,795 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Lawrence Academy?
The acceptance rate of Lawrence Academy is 29%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Lawrence Academy?
Lawrence Academy famous alumni include: Tim Armstrong, Dana Messina, Audrey McNiff, Page McConnell, Steve Heinze, Laurie Baker, Antoine Wright and Tyler Beede.
What sports does Lawrence Academy offer?
Lawrence Academy offers 21 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Lawrence Academy's ranking?
Lawrence Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Lawrence Academy?
The application deadline for Lawrence Academy is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2004