THINK Global School
1460 Broadway Street #7032
New York, NY 10036
New York, NY 10036
Students who join us for the 2017-18 school year will have the opportunity to live and learn in Japan, blending tradition and modernity in a variety of unique projects.
Many of our school projects take place in the field, like this marine biology lesson in the Galapagos Islands.
As you travel the world, you'll visit a wide range of natural landscapes, including beaches, mountains, and underwater caves.
Love sports? We find soccer fields in each country we visit, and it's just one of the many sports our students love to play.
You'll be exposed to a wide array of truly unique customs, like this elephant blessing in Hampi, India.
During our 2015 term in Greece, our Grade 10 students recreated The Odyssey by sailing from island to island, much like Odysseus . Expect a similar educational adventure during our 2020 term.
When not out to sea, you'll live in the ancient city of Athens, where you'll explore both old and new through projects you design.
- Live and learn in four different countries each year, only at the world's first traveling boarding school.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 326 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Small student body (number of students)
- Boarding Focus High percentage of boarding students
- Diversity High percentage of international students
- Diversity High percentage of students of color
- Affordability High percentage of students on financial aid
- Student Attention Low teacher:student ratio
- School Resources Highest endowment/student
- Selectivity Low acceptance rates
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|THINK Global School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Enrollment||41 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$50 million||$18 million|
(Need-based scholarships available)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 1||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Lily Just|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Melanie Anderson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
E-mag, GNH - Gross National Happiness, Greentastic Lamps, Model United Nations, Student Council, THINK Tank, Wrists4Rights
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2013 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||2|
|Mount Holyoke College||1|
|University of Bath||1|
|University of St. Andrew's||1|
|University of Surrey||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year. Our students represent over 25 countries and bring a variety of experiences, talents, interests, and perspectives to our school. THINK Global School challenges learners, through firsthand experiences of global travel, to become compassionate individuals who are curious and knowledgeable about the world and motivated to affect meaningful change.
- Our partner schools provide classrooms and school facilities. From there, we integrate place-based learning at some of the most significant sites in the world. We`ve had Mandarin lessons at the Great Wall of China, studied the theory of evolution in the Galapagos, and studied ancient culture among the Aboriginal people of Australia.
- A THINK Global School education combines an academically rigorous project-based learning curriculum, a competitive 1:5 faculty/student ratio, student-driven and technology-forward teaching philosophies, and integrated service learning to create a 360 educational experience that`s never limited to the classroom. Here, you`ll not only become an exceptional college candidate but also a true game-changer: someone who understands how the world works and has the courage and compassion to make it a better place.
- School accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Submit Review for THINK Global School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 750 students 3.7 miles1 Morris Street
New York, NY 10004
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 368 students 92.4 miles18 Goodfriend Drive
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
East Hampton, NY 11937
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.