Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Military Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2018-19).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
With over 250 schools available in the United States, boarding school is appealing to international students. Discover why boarding school is a popular option for international students around the world.
Hazing used to be wide-spread years ago in all kinds of organizations including boarding schools. While it occurs much less frequently, hazing is still out there. So, we asked Dr. Hank Nuwer, a nationally recognized authority on the subject of hazing, to share his expertise with us.
Allowing 18 months for your school search process has many benefits. Here are five reasons why it is a good idea so to do.