Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "All-Boys Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2020-21).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Avon Old Farms School Photo - Our 860 acre campus is comprised of breathtaking panoramic vistas; rustic hiking trails; a serene pond for swimming and fishing; and abundant seasonal foliage.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
Highest Average SSAT Score (2020-21)
Among All-Boys Schools (out of 4 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
Top School Listings by Category (2020-21)
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.