Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "All-Boys Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2020).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Avon Old Farms School Photo - Our 860 acre campus is comprised of breathtaking panoramic vistas; rustic hiking trails; a serene pond for swimming and fishing; and abundant seasonal foliage.
Georgetown Preparatory School Photo - Boland Hall is the home to many of Prep's 110 resident students. Our campus is less than 5 miles from the Nation's Capital
Highest Average SSAT Score (2020)
Among All-Boys Schools (out of 4 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
Top School Listings by Category (2020)
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.
The COVID-19 pandemic presents challenges for international students planning to attend American boarding schools. We look at the situation as it stands in July 2020.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed just about everything in our day-to-day lives. Here's a look at how the pandemic is impacting boarding schools.