Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Schools with < 200 Students", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2018-19).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Verde Valley School Photo - World class rock climbing and hundreds of hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding trails near our campus keep our afternoon activities program varied and exciting.
Hoosac School Photo - Hoosac has a beautiful 350 acre campus in upstate New York. Just 3 hours by car or Amtrak from Manhattan or a short ride to Albany, NY for excellent shopping and a variety of cultural events.
Northwood School Photo - Northwood School is set on an 88 acre campus, walking distance from the village of Lake Placid, NY and based in the 6 million acre Adirondack Park.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2018-19)
Among Schools with < 200 Students (out of 6 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.