Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Schools with 200-400 Students", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2019-20).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Concord Academy Photo - Elizabeth B. Hall Chapel is a frequent gathering place for the CA community, particularly for Senior Chapel Talks that begin three or four of our mornings every week.
Asheville School Photo - Boyd Chapel. Our Core Values are perseverance, integrity, respect, and compassion.
Vermont Academy Photo - Vermont Academy students are curious and adventurous. They are innovators and tinkerers. They feel free to take risks and try new things.
Hawai'i Preparatory Academy Photo - The HPA football team plays schools on island and across the state.
Brewster Academy Photo - Freshwater Ecology students access the largest freshwater laboratory in the state (Lake Winnipesaukee), without leaving campus.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo - We teach our art classes in a step-by-step manner-how to match pitch, to throw a pot, to draw a line. Even if you think you're not artistic, you'll build on these skills over time so you can develop your own creativity and awaken the artist in you.
Westminster School Photo - Gund Reading Room in the Cole Library, a stunning place to study, meet and hold events.
Canterbury School Photo - Canterbury's student to teacher ratio is 11:1. The curriculum is extensive.
Holderness School Photo - Our alumni consistently tell us that our student run Job Program was formative for their future success, noting proudly that they were supervisors, event planners, and project managers before they even graduated high school.
St. Andrew's School, DE Photo - Our 2100 acre campus is located in Middletown, DE just a short drive from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Proctor Academy Photo - Proctor`s campus includes over forty-five buildings, twenty small dormitories, its own privately owned and operated ski hill, state of the art classrooms and art facilities, 3,000 acres of forest and ponds surrounding beautiful natural and synthetic playing fields that are tucked against Ragged Mountain`s south slope.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2019-20)
Among Schools with 200-400 Students (out of 29 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
- 7.-10.Rank: #7-1075%-85%
Grades: 6-12, PG | Pre-K-12, PG (day)
18 Goodfriend Drive
East Hampton, NY 11937
- 20.-29.Rank: #20-29<65%
Grades: 6-12, PG
66 School Street
Granby, MA 01033
- 20.-29.Rank: #20-29<65%
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
Top School Listings by Category (2019-20)
Read about common boarding school myths in case your perception of boarding school is driven largely by popular movies and urban legend.
Whether a school uses the Harkness Table™ or doesn't use the Harkness Table™ is a matter of teaching style worth exploring in some detail.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school