Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Schools with 200-400 Students", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2019-20).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Holderness School Photo - Our alumni consistently tell us that our student run Job Program was formative for their future success, noting proudly that they were supervisors, event planners, and project managers before they even graduated high school.
Ojai Valley School Photo - OVS students enjoy time hanging out with friends on the 195-acre high school campus, located in a stunning canyon overlooking the Ojai Valley. Throughout the year, student life is punctuated with fun events to balance the academic schedule. These include camping trips, prom and other socials, themed dress days, community service projects, and countless weekend excursions.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
Proctor Academy Photo - Proctor`s campus includes over forty-five buildings, twenty small dormitories, its own privately owned and operated ski hill, state of the art classrooms and art facilities, 3,000 acres of forest and ponds surrounding beautiful natural and synthetic playing fields that are tucked against Ragged Mountain`s south slope.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo - We teach our art classes in a step-by-step manner-how to match pitch, to throw a pot, to draw a line. Even if you think you're not artistic, you'll build on these skills over time so you can develop your own creativity and awaken the artist in you.
Brooks School Photo - Come visit our beautiful 251 acre campus located on the shores of Lake Cochichewick.
Hawai'i Preparatory Academy Photo - The HPA football team plays schools on island and across the state.
Canterbury School Photo - Canterbury's student to teacher ratio is 11:1. The curriculum is extensive.
Millbrook School Photo - Millbrook's 800-acre campus is expansive yet intimate, traditional yet contemporary. The tranquil setting inspires life-changing ideas, while the energy and resources of nearby New York City are a natural extension of our classrooms. We are in the midst of the bountiful Hudson Valley, yet the commuter rail to NYC is just 5 miles from campus.
Westminster School Photo - Gund Reading Room in the Cole Library, a stunning place to study, meet and hold events.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2019-20)
Among Schools with 200-400 Students (out of 29 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
- 19.-29.Rank: #19-29<65%
Grades: 6-12, PG
66 School Street
Granby, MA 01033
- 19.-29.Rank: #19-29<65%
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
Top School Listings by Category (2019-20)
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
Teaching in a residential school brings its own challenges as well as some very powerful advantages. Here's how to survive your stint as a teacher in a boarding school.
Applying to boarding school is a long process with many parts to it. This checklist will help you organize the process and manage your time efficiently.