Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "Schools with 200-400 Students", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2020).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Woodside Priory School (Priory) Photo - The Priory is a Benedictine Catholic, independent college preparatory school. Founded by Hungarian monks in the 1950's, Priory has been an international school from its very beginning.
The Madeira School Photo - Madeira's 376-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, overlooks the Potomac River from a perch just 12 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
St. Andrew's School, DE Photo - Our 2100 acre campus is located in Middletown, DE just a short drive from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Brooks School Photo - Come visit our beautiful 251 acre campus located on the shores of Lake Cochichewick.
Hawai'i Preparatory Academy Photo - The HPA football team plays schools on island and across the state.
Holderness School Photo - Our alumni consistently tell us that our student run Job Program was formative for their future success, noting proudly that they were supervisors, event planners, and project managers before they even graduated high school.
Millbrook School Photo - Millbrook's 800-acre campus is expansive yet intimate, traditional yet contemporary. The tranquil setting inspires life-changing ideas, while the energy and resources of nearby New York City are a natural extension of our classrooms. We are in the midst of the bountiful Hudson Valley, yet the commuter rail to NYC is just 5 miles from campus.
Westminster School Photo - Gund Reading Room in the Cole Library, a stunning place to study, meet and hold events.
Asheville School Photo - Boyd Chapel. Our Core Values are perseverance, integrity, respect, and compassion.
Brewster Academy Photo - Freshwater Ecology students access the largest freshwater laboratory in the state (Lake Winnipesaukee), without leaving campus.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2020)
Among Schools with 200-400 Students (out of 29 schools)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
- 7.-10.Rank: #7-1075%-85%
Grades: 6-12, PG | Pre-K-12, PG (day)
18 Goodfriend Drive
East Hampton, NY 11937
- 20.-29.Rank: #20-29<65%
Grades: 6-12, PG
66 School Street
Granby, MA 01033
Top School Listings by Category (2020)
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.